Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS4 Megathread 2.0

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,682 ✭✭✭FourFourRED

How much are you guys saving on average for the big new releases using US store?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,693 ✭✭✭Deano7788

Just reading there that Bungie are allowing people to upgrade Destiny from last to new generation console for free

http://www.forbes.com/sites/insertcoin/2014/09/06/bungie-letting-destiny-players-upgrade-from-last-gen-to-next-gen-for-free/

I wonder if R* will take a leaf out o their book and at least offer a discount for those who bought last gen versions of GTA V

It's only for digital copies though, so not really saving anything, as the PS3 copy is the same price as PS4, (€69.99 on Irish PSN)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭Batesy

Aodhagan wrote: »
    How much are you guys saving on average for the big new releases using US store?

A $59.99 game works out at around €44.

You buy a $50 and a $10 USPSN card off Amazon.com and you get the redeem codes instantly. Redeem from the USPSN store and then purchase the game.

I'll be buying FIFA 15 in a couple of weeks for €44.

Batesy wrote: »
    A $59.99 game works out at around €44.

You buy a $50 and a $10 USPSN card off Amazon.com and you get the redeem codes instantly. Redeem from the USPSN store and then purchase the game.

I'll be buying FIFA 15 in a couple of weeks for €44.

Thanks. And when it comes to playing FIFA online will you need your PS+ on your US account too? Or will the game work on your Irish account?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,536 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Just reading there that Bungie are allowing people to upgrade Destiny from last to new generation console for free

http://www.forbes.com/sites/insertcoin/2014/09/06/bungie-letting-destiny-players-upgrade-from-last-gen-to-next-gen-for-free/

I wonder if R* will take a leaf out o their book and at least offer a discount for those who bought last gen versions of GTA V

Not really the same thing, Destiny is coming out on both now and this is to incentives people to buy Destiny now on PS3/360 rather than wait for when they get their PS4/ONE.

I had a 75% off Rockstar games discount for the PSN store, it's been taken off my account so I'll get on to them later and try to get it back and use it for GTA on PS4 or at least bitch and see what I can get.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 152 ✭✭The Friendly Newcomer

I am planning on getting a new PS4 sometime but I don't know when.
    At the moment the console that is out is the 500GB one and I am wondering should I wait for a different one if any are planned on being released soon? i.e. more GB or a slim one etc

I see that there is a very good deal in Gamestop now of a limited addition white PS4 with Destiny all for €399.99. (Not sure about white as a colour but tbh the colour isn't that big a deal)
    Can people see any more deals as good as that one coming out soon for Christmas etc?

Any advice would be much appreciated.

Thanks

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,300 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

Merged, no need for a separate thread.

Aodhagan wrote: »
    Thanks. And when it comes to playing FIFA online will you need your PS+ on your US account too? Or will the game work on your Irish account?

It'll work just fine with your Irish PS+ account. Online and everything. You just need to make sure activate your PS4 as Primary through the PSN icon in settings.

I've bought numerous games on the US store now. Never an issue. Only thing to remember is if you need to purchase any DLC for a game you've downloaded from there you need to go through the US store again which is a no brainer anyway cos it'll be cheaper again.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,125 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

It'll work just fine with your Irish PS+ account. Online and everything. You just need to make sure activate your PS4 as Primary through the PSN icon in settings.

I've bought numerous games on the US store now. Never an issue. Only thing to remember is if you need to purchase any DLC for a game you've downloaded from there you need to go through the US store again which is a no brainer anyway cos it'll be cheaper again.

So did u ever have any issues with playing before the euro release date? This is what I'm trying trying find out others are to. Is there a risk of being caught?

So did u ever have any issues with playing before the euro release date? This is what I'm trying trying find out others are to. Is there a risk of being caught?

I'm not sure. I've downloaded The Ladt of Us early from the US but never actually got around to playing it till after it was out here.

Can't see it being an issue to be honest. Might not be many EU players for online matches however.

• Advertisement

I'm not sure. I've downloaded The Ladt of Us early from the US but never actually got around to playing it till after it was out here.

Can't see it being an issue to be honest. Might not be many EU players for online matches however.

Ok cool I'm just half afraid of Sony picking up a euro user playing an American release of a game before the date and banning them.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,536 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Ok cool I'm just half afraid of Sony picking up a euro user playing an American release of a game before the date and banning them.

The game off the US PSN won't work until it's released over there, doesn't matter if you try to play from here on a Irish account if the game was bought with a US account that's the time it's going off of.

8am on Tuesday; 12:00am Pacific Time / 3:00am Eastern Time.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

If they offer a GTA upgrade I'll happily take it. Whilst the game is magic on PS3....I've the original model console and it sounds like a jet engine :(

My ps4 sounds like a jet sometimes.

Just pre ordered fifa 15 on us store there thanks everyone!

Thanks all. Now enjoying Madden 15 on my Irish PSN account for €45.

Sidenote: anyone find the PS4 slow to download content over wifi? I have an 80mb connection but it's not great on PS4.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 152 ✭✭The Friendly Newcomer

Does anyone know if there will be any new PS4 consoles coming out soon. I am thinking of getting one soon. Is the current 500GB console a good one? There might not be much need to wait.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,447 ✭✭✭Ivefoundgod

Its a piece of cake to upgrade the hard drive yourself if it comes to it but there is no chance of a new larger HD model coming out before Christmas anyway, the White version that comes bundled with Destiny is the newest model but there hasn't been even a hint of a new larger HD model.

• Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭shreddedloops

I just linked my PSN account with my Facebook on my PS4 and got the usual security alert on Facebook but the location for the alert was San Jose. Anyone know if this is normal? I presume it could be because the Sony servers are there.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,746 ✭✭✭irishmover

Thinking of getting that Seagate 2TB portable HDD with the Samsung 2.5" in it. Removing the enclosure and sticking it into the PS4. Anyone got that one? It's 5400rpm like the stock one. Which isn't ideal but 2TB inside the console is.

Anyone know anything about whether it can have issues with disk games? I've read people say it's not an issue with digital but some people complain about the PS4 getting very loud/hot when it's running a disk, where with the stock HDD it never did.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,746 ✭✭✭irishmover

I just linked my PSN account with my Facebook on my PS4 and got the usual security alert on Facebook but the location for the alert was San Jose. Anyone know if this is normal? I presume it could be because the Sony servers are there.

Are you using a VPN or US PSN?

• Registered Users Posts: 727 ✭✭✭Muirshin Durkin

ps4 randomly shut down last night twice, this happen anyone before?

• Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭shreddedloops

irishmover wrote: »
    Are you using a VPN or US PSN?

Nope

• Registered Users Posts: 2,573 ✭✭✭DeSelby83

Psn down for anyone?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,171 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

DeSelby83 wrote: »
    Psn down for anyone?

I can't sign in on PS3.

I'm online now and have been since this morning.(PS4)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Can't sign in.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

It seems to be OK now. EU store is real slow to load, though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,174 ✭✭✭ItsHoggie

Cheap Ass Gamer posted this on Twitter, suppose to be in game codes for Destiny to unlock armour,weapons etc.

http://ow.ly/BbVBG

• Advertisement

ItsHoggie wrote: »
    Cheap Ass Gamer posted this on Twitter, suppose to be in game codes for Destiny to unlock armour,weapons etc.

http://ow.ly/BbVBG

Better off in the Destiny thread.
    Nothing to do with PS4 really.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement