Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS4 Megathread 2.0

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,174 ✭✭✭ItsHoggie

F1ngers wrote: »
    Better off in the Destiny thread.
    Nothing to do with PS4 really.

Didn't know there was one

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,029 ✭✭✭um7y1h83ge06nx

irishmover wrote: »
    Thinking of getting that Seagate 2TB portable HDD with the Samsung 2.5" in it. Removing the enclosure and sticking it into the PS4. Anyone got that one? It's 5400rpm like the stock one. Which isn't ideal but 2TB inside the console is.

Anyone know anything about whether it can have issues with disk games? I've read people say it's not an issue with digital but some people complain about the PS4 getting very loud/hot when it's running a disk, where with the stock HDD it never did.

I did that, was an easy enough job, ever so slightly scratched the enclosure but that's all.

As regards noise I think it MAY be running a little louder but that just might be me focusing on things a little closer as a result the change.

Make sure your saves are baked up first of course, I used the cloud storage without a hitch.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,774 ✭✭✭cadete

irishmover wrote: »
    Thinking of getting that Seagate 2TB portable HDD with the Samsung 2.5" in it. Removing the enclosure and sticking it into the PS4. Anyone got that one? It's 5400rpm like the stock one. Which isn't ideal but 2TB inside the console is.

Anyone know anything about whether it can have issues with disk games? I've read people say it's not an issue with digital but some people complain about the PS4 getting very loud/hot when it's running a disk, where with the stock HDD it never did.

I upgraded mine to the 2tb aswell no problems and doesn't sound any different either

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,357 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Rogue legacy is tough.....

• Registered Users Posts: 35 Deadly Derek

Were did the people who upgraded their ps4 hard drive get them?
    I'm thinking about doing my own..

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,300 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

Usual HD sites.
    Amazon, Pixmania, ebay et al.

Just look for what you want and find best price.

Thanks. . I looked up how to do it and it looks like something even I could do.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,774 ✭✭✭cadete

Got my 2tb in argos

cadete wrote: »
    Got my 2tb in argos
    Thanks. . Would u be able to link me to it cause I'm on my phone and the screen is tiny..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,029 ✭✭✭um7y1h83ge06nx

This one

http://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/2489935/c_1/1%7Ccategory_root%7COffice%2C+PCs+and+phones%7C14418968/c_2/3%7C19780850%7CHard+drives%2C+USBs+and+data+storage%7C14419053/c_3/4%7Ccat_14419053%7CExternal+hard+drives%7C16528298.htm

I got it for 80 less than 2 weeks ago.

You can use the old hard drive this enclosure, just a case of popping out the 2TB drive first.

Eurogamer had an article on it recently.

• Advertisement

Thanks, have you put it in your Ps4 and everything?
    just wondering can you use pretty much any hard drive once it fits?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,746 ✭✭✭irishmover

Thanks, have you put it in your Ps4 and everything?
    just wondering can you use pretty much any hard drive once it fits?

You can use a 3.5" hard drive. Doesn't need to fit just need an enclosure and power source. People have 6TB hard drives hooked up with a SATA extension.

Good idea I just don't want to have extra stuff outside the console. The Samsung M9T is I believe only 2TB hdd that will fit inside the PS4.

I'll probably buy one this week then as I've only 100gb left of stock which is about 3 AAA games...

Thanks.. its nice that I know a whole lot more now than I did before.
    I'm planning to start buying more digital games so I think I'll need to upgrade.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,746 ✭✭✭irishmover

Thanks.. its nice that I know a whole lot more now than I did before.
    I'm planning to start buying more digital games so I think I'll need to upgrade.

Your disks use up just as much. Only thing about disk is that you can delete the game and re-install it in a matter of minutes. Whereas you need to re-download the game from PSN.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,836 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Sorry if posted already but this would seriously tempt me to get an xperia z3 (I don't have a Vita).
    Mobile gaming will take on a whole new dimension when Remote Play comes to the Sony Xperia Z3 series in November 2014. Connect your Xperia Z3 series smartphone or tablet to your home Wi-Fi network, grab a DUALSHOCK 4 wireless controller and continue your PS4 games on your Xperia device away from your TV screen.

2Coloumn_module2_SonyXperia_vf1.png

• Registered Users Posts: 3,307 ✭✭✭weiland79

Sweet I've already got the Z2 which I love, so will definitely be upgrading

• Registered Users Posts: 3,952 ✭✭✭JamboMac

Thanks to Scotland pound is becoming weak saving us more money on amazon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

I haven't been keeping up with this thread but has there ever been anything said about why we don't get a notification for friends coming online? It's a bit of a joke at this stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,174 ✭✭✭ItsHoggie

Anybody download destiny on ps3 and got the free ps4 upgrade?

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭Next Gen Gamer

ItsHoggie wrote: »
    Anybody download destiny on ps3 and got the free ps4 upgrade?

You should have a look in the destiny thread.;-)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭WeHaveToGoBack

As for buying FIFA from the US; how would I go about it?

And if I do so, will i only be matched with people in the US for online play?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,560 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

As for buying FIFA from the US; how would I go about it?

And if I do so, will i only be matched with people in the US for online play?

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057286619

• Registered Users Posts: 1,792 ✭✭✭Gandalph

Is psn down or something? Keep getting a "Cannot connect to the server within the time limit" error :( Last time this happened it took a week to resolve itself.

• Registered Users Posts: 927 ✭✭✭Kev.

Gandalph wrote: »
    Is psn down or something? Keep getting a "Cannot connect to the server within the time limit" error :( Last time this happened it took a week to resolve itself.

Welcome to PSN when a big game gets released.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,317 ✭✭✭CombatCow

PSN is online, no problems reported today.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

I have had no issues whatsoever and I have been getting a few sneaky minutes in using the Vita from work!

• Registered Users Posts: 784 ✭✭✭Klair88

No issues with me neither and I've been playing a lot since 12 last night.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,307 ✭✭✭weiland79

I haven't been keeping up with this thread but has there ever been anything said about why we don't get a notification for friends coming online? It's a bit of a joke at this stage.

Pretty sure they said they won't be implementing this, because you can now have so many names on your list ( not sure how many) that it would be annoying popping up on screen every time someone logged in.
    For me it's already annoying telling me every time someone joins a party, I'll have to check settings later.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭MitchKoobski

weiland79 wrote: »
    Pretty sure they said they won't be implementing this, because you can now have so many names on your list ( not sure how many) that it would be annoying popping up on screen every time someone logged in.
    For me it's already annoying telling me every time someone joins a party, I'll have to check settings later.

I turned off those party notifications fairly lively.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭AGoodison

weiland79 wrote: »

Xbox fixed this issue by allowing friends to be put into groups and then selecting which groups will display as online. Wish Sony would do that too.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement