Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS4 Megathread 2.0

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,174 ✭✭✭ItsHoggie

Do I need Plus to download stuff from my phone from my phone to my ps4
    I want the FIFA demo waiting for me at home :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

weiland79 wrote: »
    Pretty sure they said they won't be implementing this, because you can now have so many names on your list ( not sure how many) that it would be annoying popping up on screen every time someone logged in.
    For me it's already annoying telling me every time someone joins a party, I'll have to check settings later.

That's a load of balls, there should be an option to turn it on and off if that's a problem for some people.
    I keep my friends list down to people I actually know after being pestered with messages from randomers asking me to join games and whatever so I barely have double figures, I've often been playing away for ages without realising someone was online and now I'm always pausing my game to check if anyone has come on. Seems like a fairly easy solution to be able to turn it on/off to suit the user, not everybody adds everyone they come up against in a game :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

ItsHoggie wrote: »
    Do I need Plus to download stuff from my phone from my phone to my ps4
    I want the FIFA demo waiting for me at home :D

As long as your PS4 is in standby mode, go to the Store on your phone, go through the purchase process and at the end, it will say Download to your PS4. Click that and it will send it automagically to your machine.

Otacon wrote: »
    As long as your PS4 is in standby mode, go to the Store on your phone, go through the purchase process and at the end, it will say Download to your PS4. Click that and it will send it automagically to your machine.

Cheers bud! I just tried this tho but it just says 'waiting?'

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭Next Gen Gamer

ItsHoggie wrote: »
    Cheers bud! I just tried this tho but it just says 'waiting?'

You have to set up the console to download in standby.

• Advertisement

You have to set up the console to download in standby.

Darn it! Bro just rang anyway said hell run up home and download it for me :P

• Registered Users Posts: 35 Deadly Derek

Nearly 5 hours now and the Fifa 15 demo is just over half done..
    What a joke

Nearly 5 hours now and the Fifa 15 demo is just over half done..
    What a joke

Jaysus on dial up is it.?

Jaysus on dial up is it.?

Nope.. the Internet connection is fast actually.. It has to be psn itself.
    I regularly download a whole lot faster than this sh1t

• Registered Users Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭MitchKoobski

Mine was downloaded and installed within 20 minutes.....

• Advertisement

Lucky for u.. I hope it won't take as long for me next time

• Registered Users Posts: 5,209 ✭✭✭Redzer7

10 minutes was all it took for me, I'm using a LAN cable though.

When did u start trying to download it?
    I asked some people I know and some of them said several hours as well. .
    I'm not impressed with psn at all so far in my limited experience..
    50 euro a year I'd expect better

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,029 ✭✭✭um7y1h83ge06nx

Wired or wireless connections?

I use wireless and find my downloads show enough sometimes. Some people have claimed that the wireless connection is slower than expected.

I usually alternate between the to but usually go wired if it's a big download.
    I use home plugs I think there called but the Ps4 is just above the sitting room so I don't think the distance could be a problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

Never had a problem with wireless myself

• Registered Users Posts: 973 ✭✭✭Super Sidious

I've a day one PS4 and have UPC 30mb wired and have had zero problems with PSN. I play online most days.

I see alot of people complaining, so i'm guessing it's each particular person's ISP that is the problem, or it's not correctly set up.

I'm on UPC myself but a much faster than 30mb so I shouldn't be having problems.

Maybe it's not set up right as you say, but how should it be set up?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,317 ✭✭✭CombatCow

Do a connection test in the ps4 network settings and see what kinda speed you get, this will be independent of psn so if you get a bad number it's not psn's fault, but something with your setup.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,357 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Any deals for FIFA 15 for ps4 out there? Really liked the demo.

• Advertisement

Any deals for FIFA 15 for ps4 out there? Really liked the demo.

It seems downloading via the US psn store is the cheapest option. Or you could try VGP €40.58 plus delivery.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,357 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Cheers that's a very good price,any bricks and mortar store doing a deal where if you trade in FIFA 14 you get a bit off or something ? Probably not :o

After the test it says download speed 31.4mbps.
    Upload speed 7.1mbps

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,560 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

After the test it says download speed 31.4mbps.
    Upload speed 7.1mbps

Whats your NAT type?

jonny24ie wrote: »
    Whats your NAT type?

It says Nat type 2.. is that ok?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

Quick question: If I had a PS4 that has digital games on it, but I don't have the account details. They should work with my own account as they are installed on the PS4. However, if that account deactivates the PS4 on the Sony website, will that stop the games from working?

Reason is that I'm looking at a PS4 on Adverts, and the games included are digital and I want to ensure they can't be blocked at a later stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

It says Nat type 2.. is that ok?

Yes, Nat 2 is fine. Nat 3 is where you start saying "Ah f**K!"

• Registered Users Posts: 12,536 ✭✭✭✭Varik

chrislad wrote: »
    Quick question: If I had a PS4 that has digital games on it, but I don't have the account details. They should work with my own account as they are installed on the PS4. However, if that account deactivates the PS4 on the Sony website, will that stop the games from working?

Reason is that I'm looking at a PS4 on Adverts, and the games included are digital and I want to ensure they can't be blocked at a later stage.

It can be deactivated on the console itself then and there but if he deactivates it online it will only deactivate the next time the PS4 is online.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

Varik wrote: »
    It can be deactivated on the console itself then and there but if he deactivates it online it will only deactivate the next time the PS4 is online.

Which is pretty much going to be every time the PS4 is turned on!

So basically, I have no control over if he choose to disable those games or not, at any stage unless I have the account/password and change the password?

• Advertisement

gimli2112 wrote: »
    Yes, Nat 2 is fine. Nat 3 is where you start saying "Ah f**K!"

Thanks at least I know the problems aren't on my end now..

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement