Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS4 Megathread 2.0

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,602 ✭✭✭jaffusmax

• Registered Users Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

My PS4 decided it would no longer eject discs if you press the eject button, last weekend.
    Currently not a major issue as I can get them out by going through the disc options.

gimli2112 wrote: »
    My PS4 decided it would no longer eject discs if you press the eject button, last weekend.
    Currently not a major issue as I can get them out by going through the disc options.

I find the physical buttons a bit hit and miss for eject and power. I always preferred mechanical switches on my devices anyway.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,436 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

The question I thought I would never ask - anyone know anywhere selling reasonably priced PS Move controllers? Just want to pick up one or two for Sportsfriends experimentation, but not willing to pay any more than 10-15 euro. I believe the camera is not required, so only looking for two of the motion controllers. Best just going with adverts or something?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,434 ✭✭✭RedXIV

The question I thought I would never ask - anyone know anywhere selling reasonably priced PS Move controllers? Just want to pick up one or two for Sportsfriends experimentation, but not willing to pay any more than 10-15 euro. I believe the camera is not required, so only looking for two of the motion controllers. Best just going with adverts or something?

Surely the camera is needed to track the ps move controllers? :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭WeHaveToGoBack

jaffusmax wrote: »

In other words; we'll replace it for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

The camera is needed or the move controllers don't work.
    I have a camera and two move controllers with a nunchuck that I'm not using anymore.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,436 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

RedXIV wrote: »
    Surely the camera is needed to track the ps move controllers? :confused:

Not in this case! The game uses only the Move controller's internal motion systems to recognise if it is being moved or not. The developers even clarify that the Eye camera is not supported:
    All games (including J.S. Joust) are playable with the DualShock 3 or 4
    J.S. Joust optionally supports the PlayStation Move (both PS3 and PS4)
    The PS3 version supports up to 7 controllers
    The PS4 version supports up to 4 controllers
    Eye Camera and Nav Controller are not required or supported

• Registered Users Posts: 2,174 ✭✭✭ItsHoggie

Just got my first Platinum for Infamous :D

Is it weird I found it easier on Expert than Normal?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,329 ✭✭✭wcarey1975

ItsHoggie wrote: »
    Just got my first Platinum for Infamous :D

Is it weird I found it easier on Expert than Normal?

Did you do the evil side on Expert and the good side on Normal?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,174 ✭✭✭ItsHoggie

wcarey1975 wrote: »
    Did you do the evil side on Expert and the good side on Normal?

Yeah, it was a speed run too didn't bother with anything but missions

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭astonaidan

Few quick questions, Anyone know what featured content is?
    When Im downloading games from EA do I have to have the game running to download it, like Ive downloaded the first part but its installing(Downloading) all the features now

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

astonaidan wrote: »
    Few quick questions, Anyone know what featured content is?
    When Im downloading games from EA do I have to have the game running to download it, like Ive downloaded the first part but its installing(Downloading) all the features now

It will download it if you are playing it or not. If you are playing it and it gets to a part that is not installed yet it will stop you from playing until it has downloaded enough to let you carry on.

• Registered Users Posts: 35 Deadly Derek

Does anyone know if an amazon gift card will be automatically used for a pre order?
    I have Fifa 15 pre ordered there and I was thinking about buying a gift card to the amount of the game so I don't need to leave the amount in my bank account

• Registered Users Posts: 8,280 ✭✭✭Glico Man

Does anyone know if an amazon gift card will be automatically used for a pre order?
    I have Fifa 15 pre ordered there and I was thinking about buying a gift card to the amount of the game so I don't need to leave the amount in my bank account

You can apply the gift card code to your pre-order. Gift cards/vouchers were the method I used to pay off the PS4 over time. You can use as many gift cards/vouchers as you like.

aaronh007 wrote: »
    You can apply the gift card code to your pre-order. Gift cards/vouchers were the method I used to pay off the PS4 over time. You can use as many gift cards/vouchers as you like.

Thanks.. That's handy to know.. Is it simple enough to do?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,280 ✭✭✭Glico Man

Thanks.. That's handy to know.. Is it simple enough to do?

Very. Go to your open order of Fifa, and after "payment options" you'll find this option

310d7d0ee4e00aa8ebe4b6eb04ec41cd.png

Thanks again for the help.. It was as simple as you said.
    I'll be using gift cards for preorders in the future.

• Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭Irelandcool

Just some advice I discovered with PS4 you can charge your phone (I have a sony xperia so may not be the same for you) but nonetheless this is cool feature if you can't find your phone or something like that

• Registered Users Posts: 21,390 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Just some advice I discovered with PS4 you can charge your phone (I have a sony xperia so may not be the same for you) but nonetheless this is cool feature if you can't find your phone or something like that

I've been using my phone charger to charge my DS4 since day 1. It's great, no need to sit half a meter away from the telly when I'm playing the PS4 while charging the controller.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭hallo dare

Are you smoking something?! Haha! Of course it will charge your phone! Why wouldn't it? Haha

• Registered Users Posts: 9,766 ✭✭✭lertsnim

I charge my phone and tablet with mine. I thought everyone would have known what the USB port could do.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,536 ✭✭✭✭Varik

lertsnim wrote: »
    I charge my phone and tablet with mine. I thought everyone would have known what the USB port could do.

PS3 would only charge when on, whereas the PS4 doesn't need to be. It can be offurther (but plugged in) or on standby.

Varik wrote: »
    PS3 would only charge when on, whereas the PS4 doesn't need to be. It can be offurther (but plugged in) or on standby.

Yes, but surely this sort of stuff you'd think by now are common knowledge to people. Even if they didn't know it before hand, if they explored the ps4 menus they'd see the option for it.

No you're wrong.

What???

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Frankie5Angels

In online play, is there a way to mute someone you're playing against?

Encountered an American kid yesterday playing NHL and he insisted on commenting on EVERY thing and I had to plug the earphones in just to get a bit of peace. Before I did though, managed to get into a fight with him in-game, could hear his ould one in the background giving out for getting into the fight and him nearly crying saying I started it and I was doing it all game :D

In online play, is there a way to mute someone you're playing against?

Encountered an American kid yesterday playing NHL and he insisted on commenting on EVERY thing and I had to plug the earphones in just to get a bit of peace. Before I did though, managed to get into a fight with him in-game, could hear his ould one in the background giving out for getting into the fight and him nearly crying saying I started it and I was doing it all game :D

How do u sleep at night!!!! :P

• Registered Users Posts: 30,308 Mod ✭✭✭✭.ak

jaffusmax wrote: »
    How do u sleep at night!!!! :P

Hydrated by the tears of children.

.ak wrote: »
    Hydrated by the tears of children.

tumblr_lzjro2Tv011r4gei2o4_400.gif

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,801 ✭✭✭iamtony

I get greeted Witt this message everytime I try to access the playstation store from my iPhone doesn't matter how I get their, it could be via the playstation app or a link or a google search. I've tried a google search off the error message and I've deleted all the cookies from the phone and it's still the same.

Anyone ever came across this it's quite annoying and is blocking me from impulse buying games. Like right now I was gona buy destiny but now that I have time to think about it I can't afford it this week:-)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement