Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS4 Megathread 2.0

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭hallo dare

Was all this not already done years ago on pro evo? It's not exactly something groundbreaking they're introducing.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,560 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

hallo dare wrote: »
    Was all this not already done years ago on pro evo? It's not exactly something groundbreaking they're introducing.

It was in Tiger Woods golf for a few years and I also remember an edition of Fifa on the PS3 that used it because I used my PS2 camera to get my face in the game.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,836 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

EA use it in most of their sports games but that is done by uploading a front and side profile pic of your face to their website. 2K are using the ps4 camera and kinect to map thousands of points of your face to make a model of you in game. Apparently 2K devs are itching to use it in upcoming games.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Fuzzy_Dunlop

I think I remember something similar in Tony Hawk underground or something like that

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

The Rainbox Six: Vegas games on the 360 had this feature too. Nothing new at all here, just the same thing that never really took off. There was even an achievement for doing it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

Nothing new at all here, just the same thing that never really took off.

While I would agree we have seen this type of customisation before, I think the implementation has always been relatively flaky. If using the Eye and Kinect can get an accurate model in a matter of seconds, I could see this feature becoming more ubiquitous.

Imagine playing games like The Sims or XCOM with you and your friends faces plastered all over the characters. Or using the same scan across multiple games and possibly setting up a database so your friends can access your likeness for their games...

Honestly, it's like saying the Oculus Rift and Project Morpheus are nothing new because we had the Virtual Boy! Let's see what happens now that we have good enough technology to make a go of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,308 Mod ✭✭✭✭.ak

The Rainbox Six: Vegas games on the 360 had this feature too. Nothing new at all here, just the same thing that never really took off. There was even an achievement for doing it.

Yeah it's been around before, but it never really looked right...

I can see hipsters going mad for Rainbow Six: Vegas over the coming months. I actually know someone who when a friend of mine bought the Rift this other lad went out and got the virtual boy and then talked at length about how all this new tech was raping our history.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,360 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,042 ✭✭✭zl1whqvjs75cdy

Really really want a PS4 now. I don't even know why, there isn't any specific games on it yet that interest me. But I've kind of been put off buying FIFA and COD and Battlefield and Destiny on the PS3 cause they are last gen. Once MGS V comes out I'll buy one for sure. That looks like the business. Just randomly venting.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

Really really want a PS4 now. I don't even know why, there isn't any specific games on it yet that interest me. But I've kind of been put off buying FIFA and COD and Battlefield and Destiny on the PS3 cause they are last gen. Once MGS V comes out I'll buy one for sure. That looks like the business. Just randomly venting.

The first real must own looking game is coming out early next year in bloodbourne.

Justifying a PS4 purchase right now if you own a last gen machine is difficult imo unless you get one cheap.

I wouldnt have bothered only I got the Shadowfall bundle in argos for €330 when they did their clearance recently.

That said I'm glad I have it now as I really wanted to buy Destiny but didnt want it on last gen as I reckon I'll put a lot of time in to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,248 ✭✭✭Sonics2k

Very quick one here folks.

Thinking of picking up a PS4 to replace my first generation PS3, which I love dearly.

Question is, for my back catalogue of games like Final Fantasy VII which I've downloaded from the Play store, will these be playable on the PS4?

Sonics2k wrote: »
    Very quick one here folks.

Thinking of picking up a PS4 to replace my first generation PS3, which I love dearly.

Question is, for my back catalogue of games like Final Fantasy VII which I've downloaded from the Play store, will these be playable on the PS4?

No, keep your ps3,it's still a beast

The first real must own looking game is coming out early next year in bloodbourne.

Justifying a PS4 purchase right now if you own a last gen machine is difficult imo unless you get one cheap.

I wouldnt have bothered only I got the Shadowfall bundle in argos for €330 when they did their clearance recently.

That said I'm glad I have it now as I really wanted to buy Destiny but didnt want it on last gen as I reckon I'll put a lot of time in to it.

The first real must own game is The Last Of Us, and that's out.

Sonics2k wrote: »

Games like FFVII will play on the Vita if you happen to have one though. But as said, hang on to your PS3 for all the old classics for the time being until Sony get their streaming service up and running

hallo dare wrote: »
    The first real must own game is The Last Of Us, and that's out.

It's on PS3 too. The PS4 does not have an exclusive must have game yet unless you never had a PS3.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,248 ✭✭✭Sonics2k

Cheers guys, good to know!

It's on PS3 too. The PS4 does not have an exclusive must have game yet unless you never had a PS3.

Exactly!

• Registered Users Posts: 35 Deadly Derek

I got an email from Amazon on wednesday at 5 past 6 saying my Fifa 15 was dispatched.
    There's hardly a chance of getting it Thursday is there?
    I used Parcel Motel

• Registered Users Posts: 1,602 ✭✭✭jaffusmax

I got an email from Amazon on wednesday at 5 past 6 saying my Fifa 15 was dispatched.
    I used Parcel Motel

Should get it friday.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,318 ✭✭✭padair

I used Parcel Motel
    Probably Friday. Good thing is parcel motel deliver on weekends.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Well the rubber on the left analog stick on one of my controllers is starting to come off, lucky I picked up new covers from VGP a few months back when I heard people complaining about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,979 ✭✭✭Vurnon San Benito

Might not be of interest to anyone but I've ordered the PS4 + FIFA 15 bundle delivered for €399 from Xtra-vision.

Best price I could find for what I wanted.

Has been shipped, so all going well it's here tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 869 ✭✭✭pedatron

Doocey wrote: »
    Might not be of interest to anyone but I've ordered the PS4 + FIFA 15 bundle delivered for €399 from Xtra-vision.

That's a great deal! SO tempted!

Doocey wrote: »

Gamestop are supposedly doing the same deal as well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,285 ✭✭✭Oscars Well.

Xenji wrote: »
    Gamestop are supposedly doing the same deal as well.

I presume they're available in store too?

I presume they're available in store too?

Yeah.

• Registered Users Posts: 35 Deadly Derek

Thanks, should I be worried that it still says it arrived at the distribution centre?
    It doesn't seem to have moved at all.. Even though its out tomorrow
    Did anyone else try track their Fifa 15 from Amazon?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,147 ✭✭✭shanec1928

Ah raging I didn't see this deal when I got my ps4 at the weekend. Would have saved me a few quid,

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement