Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS4 Megathread 2.0

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,761 ✭✭✭lertsnim

Television and PS4 not connecting? Have you tried turning the router off and on again? Not a smart arse answer if it come across like that

• Registered Users Posts: 13,985 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

lertsnim wrote: »
    Television and PS4 not connecting? Have you tried turning the router off and on again? Not a smart arse answer if it come across like that

Have indeed. Over and over and over. While the PS4 and tv are not connecting, I'm posting this on my phone through wifi and the laptop works through wifi. If I set an ip address, during the test it will obtain it and then fail on internet connection. If I don't set an ip, it will fail on obtain.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭hallo dare

Have indeed. Over and over and over. While the PS4 and tv are not connecting, I'm posting this on my phone through wifi and the laptop works through wifi. If I set an ip address, during the test it will obtain it and then fail on internet connection. If I don't set an ip, it will fail on obtain.
    Have you tried letting the ps4 connect to the net via the "easy" set up option on the ps4 for setting up internet?

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Varik wrote: »
    You can set it so the PS4 makes it's own vita dedicated Wifi network, if the PS4 is nearer then try that but if both are right by each other it won't help unless your router is the cause of your issues.

Right, now I get it. Whats default? both are pretty much in same location, but due to angle rooter should be wee bit better.

hallo dare wrote: »
    Have you tried letting the ps4 connect to the net via the "easy" set up option on the ps4 for setting up internet?

Yup. Fails at obtain ip address.

• Advertisement

Yup. Fails at obtain ip address.

Is there a dmz setting on the router?

Is there a dmz setting on the router?

That I don't know. It's a zyxel p-660hwt-1 v3. Also, shouldn't the controller light flash when charging?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,927 ✭✭✭Cherry_Cola

I got the new update for the PS4 last night and now it shuts on and off randomly, really annoying.

Half way through a game it just shut off and kept rebooting and shutting off. Plugged it out and plugged it back on not touching anything and it starts booting up of it's own accord. Anyone else experience this?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭astonaidan

anyone know if Fifa is still upgradeable in smyths

Oh, just to add, tv is working now through wifi, still no joy with PS4. I'm giving up!

• Advertisement

I got the new update for the PS4 last night and now it shuts on and off randomly, really annoying.

Half way through a game it just shut off and kept rebooting and shutting off. Plugged it out and plugged it back on not touching anything and it starts booting up of it's own accord. Anyone else experience this?

What update? The 1.52?

That I don't know. It's a zyxel p-660hwt-1 v3.

Lets try it again, What's the routers address? 192.168.0.1???,192.168.1.1???

Lets try it again, What's the routers address? 192.168.0.1???,192.168.1.1???

Nevermind, sorted. I think his home plugs are broke. Connected the tv to the homeplug and it stopped working. PS4 working through wifi now. Always something so small!

What update? The 1.52?

Yeah, that's the one.

Really, Thanks God i didn't have that issue, didn't hear of anyone else having it either. Is it still at it this morning?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭brianregan09

My PS4 hasn't connected to PSN since the 27th now and I'm getting really worried , I've had no problem connecting to the ps3 and vita ...Should I call playstation or just wait it out..Opinions would be great guys as im getting quite worried now

• Registered Users Posts: 1,318 ✭✭✭padair

My PS4 hasn't connected to PSN since the 27th now and I'm getting really worried , I've had no problem connecting to the ps3 and vita ...Should I call playstation or just wait it out..Opinions would be great guys as im getting quite worried now

Are you able to get to the PlayStation store?

No..I did the internet connection test and it passes all the tests except for the PSN sign in and then it fails and I get a time out error, Vita and PS3 are both signing in no problem at all seems to be gone since the power cut the other night

• Registered Users Posts: 1,318 ✭✭✭padair

No..I did the internet connection test and it passes all the tests except for the PSN sign in and then it fails and I get a time out error, Vita and PS3 are both signing in no problem at all seems to be gone since the power cut the other night

On your laptop or phone try and sign in to the PlayStation store. Your password may have been reset and you may need to change it

Really, Thanks God i didn't have that issue, didn't hear of anyone else having it either. Is it still at it this morning?

Started there for the first time today and it booted into Safe Mode right away. Trying another download of the 1.52 update to see how that goes. Failing that, looking like a factory reset. Not impressed.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

Anyone wanna join me for some resogun co-op?

Just tried that password still the same basiclly when i turn it on 1st it goes straight to the main menu and signs me in but doesn't go online you know like when you're internet is off.. the funny thing is the browser is working and that playstation live thing is working too (the vid thing where ppl broadcast stuff) but won't let me into the store or sign in to see my friends or any thing else like that

• Registered Users Posts: 2,638 ✭✭✭deafroadrunner

Just tried that password still the same basiclly when i turn it on 1st it goes straight to the main menu and signs me in but doesn't go online you know like when you're internet is off.. the funny thing is the browser is working and that playstation live thing is working too (the vid thing where ppl broadcast stuff) but won't let me into the store or sign in to see my friends or any thing else like that

have you tried system software update to make sure you have the newest update done. that could be it

have you tried system software update to make sure you have the newest update done. that could be it

Wasn't sure so checked it and yeah...As i said have it since the midnight launch and never had any trouble with it until the other night , Games are very..very slow to load up too but i presumed that would be linked to PSN

• Registered Users Posts: 12,535 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Right, now I get it. Whats default? both are pretty much in same location, but due to angle rooter should be wee bit better.

Default is your own wifi, you have to set an option for the PS4 to do it itself.

PS4 needs to be wired for it to work.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Fiddlex wrote: »
    Does everything work OK with buying games with a US psn to use on an Irish one?

They work fine.

Started there for the first time today and it booted into Safe Mode right away. Trying another download of the 1.52 update to see how that goes. Failing that, looking like a factory reset. Not impressed.

Any joy?

• Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭WeHaveToGoBack

try disabling internet connection, then reenabling it again. Then attempt to sign in.

Nope still no joy :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,638 ✭✭✭deafroadrunner

Nope still no joy :(

maybe try a factory reset to see if that does anything.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement