Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS4 Megathread 2.0

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,360 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Damn brought psn credit off play asia and they haven't delivered it yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,318 ✭✭✭padair

cloud493 wrote: »
    Anyone know where I'l get the best trade in credit for destiny? Just hasn't got the content to motivate me to play it right now.

Give cex a go. I think you will get around 40. They have the prices on their site. Hmv does a pretty good trade in price as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,952 ✭✭✭JamboMac

Mr Blobby wrote: »
    How are Amazon for delivering games for release date?

They have Middle Earth: Shadow of Mordor for only £40.99 and i'm wondering will i get it by friday.

I picked super saver delivery for FIFA and I'm still waiting, maybe other deliveries might guarantee faster.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,372 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Damn brought psn credit off play asia and they haven't delivered it yet.

Did you not just get it digitally? Should be in your account section instantly.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,360 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Did you not just get it digitally? Should be in your account section instantly.

Nope, says security check :-/ I emailed them but I probably wont get a reply for god knows how long.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,372 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Nope, says security check :-/ I emailed them but I probably wont get a reply for god knows how long.

Their customer support is great. They'll get back to you quickly, only problem is they aren't awake until you are asleep :)

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Their customer support is great. They'll get back to you quickly, only problem is they aren't awake until you are asleep :)

I got it :D

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,301 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

RedXIV wrote: »
    Got an invite to the Bloodborne alpha. May give it a shot tomorrow. Anyone know what the policy is on sharing screenshots etc is for these?

Recording and screenshots are disabled.

FYI, Bloodborne thread in Games forum.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

playing fine for me. your internet connection could just be a bit slow atm?

Sorry, only seeing this now, I'm getting 40-50mb download so it's nothing got to do with that.
    Videos are working fine from PS Store, Netflix is perfect, it's just the videos in the browser that won't play :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,746 ✭✭✭irishmover

Sorry, only seeing this now, I'm getting 40-50mb download so it's nothing got to do with that.
    Videos are working fine from PS Store, Netflix is perfect, it's just the videos in the browser that won't play :confused:

Have you ever opened ports for your PS4?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,367 ✭✭✭Nodferatu

Having sold my ps3 a year ago i FINALLY bought myself a ps4 recently. Got the white one with destiny bundle pack in gamestop for €400. Im back on the gaming scene :-).
    I thought when ps4 was first announced it was free online etc!!! But i had to pay 50 quid on top for ps plus to do that. Bit annoying.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,272 ✭✭✭Deedsie

hallo dare wrote: »
    This thread is really gone to sh1t with people asking the same bloody questions day in-day out. There's a search bar, use it!

I agree, a FAQ thread would resolve most people's questions. US psn accounts etc a pre ordered games delivery thread?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,536 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Deedsie wrote: »
    I agree, a FAQ thread would resolve most people's questions. US psn accounts etc a pre ordered games delivery thread?

People don't look even when they are there.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,766 ✭✭✭lertsnim

Nodferatu wrote: »
    I thought when ps4 was first announced it was free online etc!!! But i had to pay 50 quid on top for ps plus to do that. Bit annoying.

I like to think of it as loads of games every month.

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭ssba91

First of all apologies if this has been asked before!

I'm looking to replace the harddrive in the ps4 and I was wondering if theres anyway of backing up your save files. I know you can back them up using ps+ but the console has more than one user, only one of which has plus on their account.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,329 ✭✭✭wcarey1975

ssba91 wrote: »

I'm looking to replace the harddrive in the ps4 and I was wondering if theres anyway of backing up your save files. I know you can back them up using ps+ but the console has more than one user, only one of which has plus on their account.

I'm open to correction on this but no there is no way currently to backup your HD before you swap it.

W

You can save them on a FAT32 USB drive. I couldn't find any other way than having to export each game one by one though. Which is a pain if you've got quite a few.

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭ssba91

Thanks for the responses guys, i'll have a look into it.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

Mr Blobby wrote: »
    How are Amazon for delivering games for release date?

They have Middle Earth: Shadow of Mordor for only £40.99 and i'm wondering will i get it by friday.

try flubit - I got a price of £32.80 for sbox one version (reduced from £37.00) and delivered to Parcelmotel. might be quicker than sending straight to rep Ireland.

God damn the us psn store is soooo much better than Europe's, has a way more apps too.

• Advertisement

irishmover wrote: »
    Have you ever opened ports for your PS4?

Would that make a difference? I've no NAT issues or anything like that. I'm nearly sure that they did play at one stage, I think it's only the last few months that they won't.

Thanks for the responses guys, i'll have a look into it.

Just to be clear it's game saves I'm talking about. Not the actual game install. As the other person who replied to you seemed to think it was the game you were talking about

Would that make a difference? I've no NAT issues or anything like that. I'm nearly sure that they did play at one stage, I think it's only the last few months that they won't.

I'm not entirely sure but it wouldn't hurt to give it a shot. It fixed a game issue I had. I can't remember the ports you need to open though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭hallo dare

Ports that need forwarding.

TCP 80
    TCP 443
    TCP 5223
    UDP 3478
    UDP 3479
    UDP 3658

Is there an easy guide to port forwarding? I remember trying it years ago on PS3 and it frustrated the life out of me.

Is there an easy guide to port forwarding? I remember trying it years ago on PS3 and it frustrated the life out of me.

Find the IP address or your internet provider. Login to it and there should be an option for Port forwarding. Although maybe telstra are a bit more user friendly than back home.

If in doubt just google your provider and Port forwarding. Should be able to find an easy guide.

Give your PS a static IP address.

Login to your router and go to portforwarding.

Forward what port you wish relevant to the PS and click save.

Job done.

Am I in the right place here?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,301 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

Don't know if it's easy, but it's a guide:
    http://portforward.com/

• Advertisement

Am I in the right place here?

You may have a problem m8. I take it that you are with Meteor?! If that's the case i'm pretty sure they do not allow port forwarding, even though the device does have the option to.:rolleyes:

Best give them a call to see if this is still the case.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement