Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS4 Megathread 2.0

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,536 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Going to be getting Dragon age on PS4, my graphics card on my PC is letting me down.

ItsHoggie wrote: »
    It's mad really,like it's not like the game sold millions and millions they should of been expecting this kind of traffic

Doesn't have to sell millions, just more than they planned for or allotted resources for.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

I'd say it helps to hold it back, for to sell a few more copies of the full version, rather than have people feel disappointed with Ps Plus version, or indeed satisfied enough with that version to not need the original. Massive clusterf**ck from the launch of the PS4 until now with this game.

I can't say I'm hugely bothered, as I'm not mad into car games, but I know people who were dying to get the version they were promised. And then waited longer for. And will have to wait even longer for. I don't blame them for not buying it straight out, either the reviews are really nothing special.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

Really it's a massive fcuk up on Driveclubs part. It's a new racing IP up against some pretty big games. The last thing it needed was server issues preventing the social features it was preaching about.

It's a pity as from listening to a few podcasts too it seems like most reviewers actually like it and think the online is great.

Also I'm sure it's been mentioned but there is maintenance on Monday from 5 onwards. This would want to fully resolve how slow the PS4 network is.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

See I didn't mind the maintenance when it was a free service. Now its paying, and the PS+ service is so relatively lacklustre, the amount of downtime isn't on.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭shreddedloops

Is there meant to be maintenance at the moment? Can't access my Library or play FIFA online

• Registered Users Posts: 4,317 ✭✭✭CombatCow

Is there meant to be maintenance at the moment? Can't access my Library or play FIFA online

No planned maintenance, but psn seems a bit flakey atm.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,683 ✭✭✭FourFourRED

Can't get into the PS store here.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,372 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

It's a bit of a joke for a paid service.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,952 ✭✭✭JamboMac

It's probably because it's centralised in Germany so look at all those countries between us and the servers they need a uk/Ireland server which will benefit us greatly.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,746 ✭✭✭irishmover

Never have the issues you guys have here in Australia. Always check once I see someone post an issue. Not once have I had it.

For once its good to be in australia for online gaming.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,317 ✭✭✭CombatCow

Mondays maintenance is for back end improvements ( isn't it always?) so hopefully this will improve the service going forward

I'm in New York in November so I've decided to wait for drive club, call of duty, shadows of mordor, GTA, and little big planet.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,318 ✭✭✭padair

flubit are offering around 10% on ps4 games.

got offer for sgadow of mordor @ 39 pounds

• Registered Users Posts: 486 ✭✭LaGlisse

Heading to the U.S just after christmas, is it worth holding off on buying a PS4 and getting one over there? Is there area specific features, would a U.S one work over here? They do seem to be cheaper

You'd have to import your blu rays, get a different plug, and you'd have no warrant basically so I understand.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,372 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

All you need is to change the plug, the power supply is variable voltage so you will be fine. It's a common power cable. As for us only features there's not really since to access region specific features you can just set up different accounts on the system. The only thing to worry about is the warranty but could be worth a chance. Blu rays are much cheaper from America so that's not really a problem.

Not once you include the shipping. Unless the poster goes to the states a lot.

I still find it much cheaper even with shipping included. It depends where you buy from. Blu rays I feel aren't that big of a deal breaker anyway.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,438 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Criterion Blu-Rays are the best reason to get an American console, and it's a big reason if you're a fan of world and classic cinema. If you don't know or care what they are - or don't plan on importing Blus from Asia - I'm not sure it would be worth that hassle personally.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,660 ✭✭✭COYVB

cloud493 wrote: »
    I'm in New York in November so I've decided to wait for drive club, call of duty, shadows of mordor, GTA, and little big planet.

You won't save much. With taxes in you're looking at 61-63 euros per game. RRP here in stores is $69.99, New York tax is 8.875%, Euro isn't particularly strong right now.

Cheaper buying online

LaGlisse wrote: »
    They do seem to be cheaper

Don't get fooled by the list price in North America, it doesn't include taxes. Like above, if you're planning on picking one up on New York, you'll pay $399 + 8.875% tax = $435.49 = ~350-360 euros. Not really a massive saving by any stretch - won't get you a game, and you won't have warranty coverage

• Registered Users Posts: 486 ✭✭LaGlisse

Right so, ireland it is, seems to be cheaper buying in Smyths or Argos than Amazon

Not a fan of US retail movies, they've got all that "coming soon" stuff at the start like rentals are here. At least that's how any imports I've got are.

Varik wrote: »
    Not a fan of US retail movies, they've got all that "coming soon" stuff at the start like rentals are here. At least that's how any imports I've got are.

Kinda like most Blu-Rays and DVDs you get here then.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

LaGlisse wrote: »
    Right so, ireland it is, seems to be cheaper buying in Smyths or Argos than Amazon

You could also use VGP, the price will vary depending on it you want the game in a few days or willing to wait around 10-12 days, cheapest option would be €46 for a new game.

If its €46 off some website, why is it more expensive buying it in the place its coming from?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,693 ✭✭✭Deano7788

Xenji wrote: »
    You could also use VGP, the price will vary depending on it you want the game in a few days or willing to wait around 10-12 days, cheapest option would be €46 for a new game.

He's buying a console though so wouldn't recommend this.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Deano7788 wrote: »
    He's buying a console though so wouldn't recommend this.

Meant to quote Cloud, but yeah I would not recommend buying a console outside to the EU either.

• Advertisement

cloud493 wrote: »
    If its €46 off some website, why is it more expensive buying it in the place its coming from?

Same reason Amazon is cheaper than HMV but they're both coming from the UK

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement