Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS4 Megathread 2.0

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,536 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Kinda like most Blu-Rays and DVDs you get here then.

None of the ones I've bought here have it, all the US ones I've gotten do.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,660 ✭✭✭COYVB

Varik wrote: »
    None of the ones I've bought here have it, all the US ones I've gotten do.

Turn off the live blu-ray features in your settings

• Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭Benzino

Just realised PSN is going down today for seven hours, sigh. They need to localise these, they do it during work/school hours over in the US, which means it starts for us when work/school ends.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

Benzino wrote: »
    Just realised PSN is going down today for seven hours, sigh. They need to localise these, they do it during work/school hours over in the US, which means it starts for us when work/school ends.

Depends where the servers are located as to when the work is done.

If it was XBL servers it would be in our working hours as their servers are based here.

PSN maintenance always goes on longer than expected though, I'll be amazed if it's up for tomorrow evening. Sony need to invest big time in PSN as the reliability and stability is fairly poor compared to XBL by a big margin.

Depends where the servers are located as to when the work is done.

If it was XBL servers it would be in our working hours as their servers are based here.

Oh I understand that, I just figure that they have servers dedicated for US region and servers dedicated to EU etc. In which case, they could do them separately (even if it means paying people to do it overnight).

But just thinking how poor the whole infrastructure seems to be, it probably isn't possible and thus my rant can be ignored.
    PSN maintenance always goes on longer than expected though, I'll be amazed if it's up for tomorrow evening. Sony need to invest big time in PSN as the reliability and stability is fairly poor compared to XBL by a big margin.

I believe I have ranted on here before about this, you won't hear any arguments for me. It's just not acceptable now that it is a paid service in my opinion.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,317 ✭✭✭CombatCow

Benzino wrote: »

If you have signed in to PSN anytime since friday you will be able to play online during the maintenance tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,193 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

CombatCow wrote: »
    If you have signed in to PSN anytime since friday you will be able to play online during the maintenance tonight.

Ah, so since i've been playing over the weekend i'll be able to play this evening?

MrStuffins wrote: »
    Ah, so since i've been playing over the weekend i'll be able to play this evening?

PS Forums

If you’ve signed in to the network any time since October 8th, you will be able to play games online and access partner apps such as Netflix during this maintenance period. The PlayStation Store, PlayStation Home and Account Management will not be available during this time, and users may receive a maintenance notification when attempting to access these services.

Yeah I'm aware of that, it won't affect me this time, but has in the past.

• Registered Users Posts: 928 ✭✭✭robfowler78

Wonder what happens with preorders i have evil within preordered from us store but wont unlock until tomorrow.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Has anyone else been playing something and the screen just goes black for a few seconds and then comes back, twice today playing Wolfenstein it has happened, the HDMI cable is not loose and has never happened before?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,434 ✭✭✭RedXIV

Xenji wrote: »
    Has anyone else been playing something and the screen just goes black for a few seconds and then comes back, twice today playing Wolfenstein it has happened, the HDMI cable is not loose and has never happened before?

I get that, it's almost definitely the cable. It used to only happen on my ps3 but when I swapped cables with my ps4, the ps4 started having them. Don't know any way to fix it other than new cable

• Registered Users Posts: 1,528 ✭✭✭Lucious Sweet

Happened me a couple of times. Plugging out the HDMI and reinserting fixed it on both occasions.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,174 ✭✭✭ItsHoggie

Used too happen to me a lot when I had my 360 using a HDMI I got off eBay but it hasn't happened since I got my ps4

• Registered Users Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭MarkY91

if i preorder call of duty special edition from the US store, will it all work fine on my irish account? i just got to login to my US account to download it?

i wonder how when its available to play seeing as preorders get it a day early + the US timezones compared to ours.

love the US store for its cheaper prices!

MarkY91 wrote: »
    if i preorder call of duty special edition from the US store, will it all work fine on my irish account? i just got to login to my US account to download it?

i wonder how when its available to play seeing as preorders get it a day early + the US timezones compared to ours.

love the US store for its cheaper prices!

Yeah log in download it and switch back to your irish account, so far this method has been fine, you may want to check if you will be limited to US servers for playing online tho. With the states being 8 hours or so behind, it will unlock here later then the european midnight launch.

Yeah log in download it and switch back to your irish account, so far this method has been fine, you may want to check if you will be limited to US servers for playing online tho. With the states being 8 hours or so behind, it will unlock here later then the european midnight launch.

my copy of ghosts is from VGP and the servers seem fine. i wont be playing at midnight so :( least im saving a good bit of money though

• Registered Users Posts: 1,367 ✭✭✭Nodferatu

traded in destiny for alien isolation have to say its really really good. still playing main campaign a week after release and still not completed it yet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,660 ✭✭✭COYVB

Servers aren't assigned based on the game, but rather the location of the profile signed in

COYVB wrote: »
    Servers aren't assigned based on the game, but rather the location of the profile signed in

I'm most cases yeah, there have been some on the PS3 especially, mostly it's mmo's but it's good to check.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,188 ✭✭✭DoYouEvenLift

When are the usual apps like YouTube gonna be on ps4? What kind of apps were available for ps3 at the end of last gen?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

Anyone ever have random issues with their PS4?

When I got mine first, it used to freeze a lot. Sometimes, it wouldn't power on. All this seemed to be fixed with a Firmware update.

Now though, since the latest update, 2 out of 3 times, every time I enter standby mode, the PS4 will look like it's powering down, with the light flashing white. But it stays in this state, with the white light flashing. I've left it for a while (Overnight), to see if it will make any difference, but no. It can't be powered back on either.

The only solution is to pull the power. I hate doing this though, because of the risk of data loss

• Registered Users Posts: 12,536 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Still no sign of new firmware, was it not meant to be out by now.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,193 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

gerrybbadd wrote: »

When I got mine first, it used to freeze a lot. Sometimes, it wouldn't power on. All this seemed to be fixed with a Firmware update.

Now though, since the latest update, 2 out of 3 times, every time I enter standby mode, the PS4 will look like it's powering down, with the light flashing white. But it stays in this state, with the white light flashing. I've left it for a while (Overnight), to see if it will make any difference, but no. It can't be powered back on either.

The only solution is to pull the power. I hate doing this though, because of the risk of data loss

The random one I get is every 3-4 times I switch it on, there's no sound. I have to switch in off and back on again for the sound to come back.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,367 ✭✭✭Nodferatu

gerrybbadd wrote: »

I bought the white ps4 with destiny about 3-4 weeks ago and have had a few occasions its frozen up on me. It froze loading destiny once and wouldnt turn off. Also the eject disc thingy was going inside every 10 seconds. Had to pull plug. Also it freezes on alien isolation. Load up the odd time aswell...

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,301 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

Varik wrote: »
    Still no sign of new firmware, was it not meant to be out by now.

It was never given a release date.
    "Coming soon" was what Sony communicated, their definition and your definition may differ though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,329 ✭✭✭wcarey1975

MrStuffins wrote: »
    The random one I get is every 3-4 times I switch it on, there's no sound. I have to switch in off and back on again for the sound to come back.

I get this also but for me it's a handshake issue between the PS4 and TV. I just unplug the HDMI cable from the TV and plug it back in and it fixes it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,318 ✭✭✭padair

when i click on a new message, it doesnt display for ages. when i send a message, it stops on 97% and takes a bit to complete. so frustrating. is that just me or does it happen to everyone else?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,174 ✭✭✭ItsHoggie

MarkY91 wrote: »
    when i click on a new message, it doesnt display for ages. when i send a message, it stops on 97% and takes a bit to complete. so frustrating. is that just me or does it happen to everyone else?

Same happens to me

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement