Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS4 Megathread 2.0

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,801 ✭✭✭iamtony

ItsHoggie wrote: »
    Yup, I have that checked along with the other two
    Mine usually has updates ready but it doesn't always download games I buy until I turn it on I guess it's not perfect.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,766 ✭✭✭lertsnim

ItsHoggie wrote: »
    I thought the PS was supposed to automatically download game updates while in stand by? Cause I just turned mine on and it started downloading a update for FIFA

I always assumed it wouldn't download anything unless turned on.

lertsnim wrote: »
    I always assumed it wouldn't download anything unless turned on.
    It can download in standby mode only.

It was an assumption.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

iamtony wrote: »
    It can download in standby mode only.

It's a step back from the PS3 though. I have my PS3 set to turn on itself on every night, download patches and update and upload my saves to PS+. It's a great feature and why did they remove or not include that on the PS4. 9/10s out of when I turn on the PS4 there are big updates to get almost every other day.

• Advertisement

It's a step back from the PS3 though. I have my PS3 set to turn on itself on every night, download patches and update and upload my saves to PS+. It's a great feature and why did they remove or not include that on the PS4. 9/10s out of when I turn on the PS4 there are big updates to get almost every other day.
    Do you select to leave it in standby rather than power off? I leave it in stand by so I can remote play from the vita and I've never had to wait for an update to download or install. Only time I notice an update is when i get a message saying update installed. Seems like a good system to me.

iamtony wrote: »
    Do you select to leave it in standby rather than power off? I leave it in stand by so I can remote play from the vita and I've never had to wait for an update to download or install. Only time I notice an update is when i get a message saying update installed. Seems like a good system to me.
    saying all that they should of allowed the option to do it the way you mentioned if you prefer it that way.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,574 ✭✭✭EoinHef

Only updates mine does not do automatically are firmware updates,games update automatically in standby for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭Batesy

Doesnt work for me neither. It only dowloads and installs once brought out of standby

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,188 ✭✭✭DoYouEvenLift

Why do the new consoles come without all or at least most of the features the last consoles had towards the end? I don't understand why we have to wait for what are small, simple features that we had before paying €400 to 'upgrade' to "next gen". I understand the consoles have different hardware and setups but do they not plan the consoles for years in advance or is it all done on a whim as a last minute effort?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

I'm more shocked at the shocking state of PSN. For a paid service I think its atrocious.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,372 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Why do the new consoles come without all or at least most of the features the last consoles had towards the end? I don't understand why we have to wait for what are small, simple features that we had before paying €400 to 'upgrade' to "next gen". I understand the consoles have different hardware and setups but do they not plan the consoles for years in advance or is it all done on a whim as a last minute effort?

Going to a different architecture means everything needs to be coded from scratch again.

cloud493 wrote: »
    I'm more shocked at the shocking state of PSN. For a paid service I think its atrocious.

It's been diabolical over the last few weeks. So so annoying.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,188 ✭✭✭DoYouEvenLift

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Going to a different architecture means everything needs to be coded from scratch again.

I know that, I said it in the post

• Registered Users Posts: 1,012 ✭✭✭Kerplunk124

Same, I assumed the reason they started charging was to get it on par with xbox live but it's still awful.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,301 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

• Registered Users Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭MarkY91

anything that can be done with a game disc that keeps crashing? it asks me to quit the game after a while often. i cleaned it, breathed on it and cleaned it. no fix. what else can i do? or is it just a frisbee now?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,577 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

MarkY91 wrote: »
    anything that can be done with a game disc that keeps crashing? it asks me to quit the game after a while often. i cleaned it, breathed on it and cleaned it. no fix. what else can i do? or is it just a frisbee now?

I thought bluray disc's were "unscrathable"?

Send it back to the publisher see if they do a disc swap program?

• Registered Users Posts: 359 ✭✭SharpCoder

I agree, the free PSN network was better, even at the start of it on the PS3 didn't have as much downtime.

Also unlike xbox live that's in various datacentres, the psn is in a single one, why all these ddos attacks are so effective against it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,660 ✭✭✭COYVB

Batesy wrote: »
    Doesnt work for me neither. It only dowloads and installs once brought out of standby

Do you have PlayStation plus?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭Batesy

I do.

When I bring it out of standby I'll get the notification that a game update is available and it starts to download there and then. It then installs.

I've all the relevant settings checked too.

It's not a huge deal as I've fairly fast internet so the downloads don't take long.

• Registered Users Posts: 359 ✭✭SharpCoder

Firmware 2.00 should be out monday, looking forward to using the PS4 with music on the usb player.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,560 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

SharpCoder wrote: »
    Firmware 2.00 should be out monday, looking forward to using the PS4 with music on the usb player.

Think its out on tuesday is it not?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,301 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

jonny24ie wrote: »
    Think its out on tuesday is it not?

You're right, it is out tuesday, I posted a link a few posts back.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

I look forward to PSN either being incredibly slow or not on at all Monday/Tuesday then :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,602 ✭✭✭jaffusmax

I look forward to PSN either being incredibly slow or not on at all Monday/Tuesday then :)

Smarty Pants

Batesy wrote: »
    I do.

When I bring it out of standby I'll get the notification that a game update is available and it starts to download there and then. It then installs.

I've all the relevant settings checked too.

It's not a huge deal as I've fairly fast internet so the downloads don't take long.

I had that issue -

The reason I did was because I had a local pass code on my account, it needs to be disabled and you may need auto login enabled also....

Make sure your two boxes are ticked (power options I think) for downloading also....

Should put you back on the right track.... ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,354 ✭✭✭nocoverart

I personally reckon Europe won't get the update till Wednesday.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭MarkY91

maybe they should fix their freezing and lagging UI first before giving us useless features like changing the backround colour!

• Advertisement

Explains share play well :

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement