Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS4 Megathread 2.0

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

Its quiet on everything except kill zone, then its incredibly noisy. I'm not even sure why, its a digital copy of kill zone.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,354 ✭✭✭nocoverart

cloud493 wrote: »
    Its quiet on everything except kill zone, then its incredibly noisy. I'm not even sure why, its a digital copy of kill zone.

Ah yeah, that's well known. Killzone makes the PS4 loud as fook.

Looks like I'm one of the unlucky ones that got a noisy bugger so.

My ps4 is virtually silent. Only gets slightly noisier when bringing up the home screen during gameplay, and even then it's still pretty quiet. Mine is upright and very well ventilated.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

My PS4 is usually quite loud when you turn it on, but after that its fairly silent.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,801 ✭✭✭iamtony

Xenji wrote: »
    My PS4 is usually quite loud when you turn it on, but after that its fairly silent.
    Mine does this only when there is a game inside it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 359 ✭✭SharpCoder

My PS4 is pretty quiet post startup even running disk based games.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,518 Mod ✭✭✭✭5uspect

Second Son was noisy for me, other than that it's fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,528 ✭✭✭Lucious Sweet

5uspect wrote: »
    Second Son was noisy for me, other than that it's fine.

Yeah, same as. Everything else is fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭Batesy

Mine pisses its pants running Pure Pool for some reason.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,188 ✭✭✭DoYouEvenLift

Why is the on light white on the side of the ps4? It's blue when it's turning on and that looks way better but then it goes white once it's actually on? Makes no sense since PlayStation always uses the colour blue. If anything it should be the opposite which would look way better, have it light up white as it turns on and then transition to the blue

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭MarkY91

so this update. no plans on fixing the problem that messages take at least 30 seconds to load before you can read them? :L

• Registered Users Posts: 2,174 ✭✭✭ItsHoggie

What time is the update going live at tomorrow?

• Registered Users Posts: 721 ✭✭✭Pixelbastardo

Anyone else having trouble loading up the store on PS3 ?, such a pain in the ass psn has been lately. Throwing me back to the xmb or completely freezing up the console.. how do sony get away with this crap.. idk.

And amazon are gonna refund me for my console, £360. Not sure if I'l pick up another one straight away or wait for a bit, E3 is only 8 months away.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

And amazon are gonna refund me for my console, £360. Not sure if I'l pick up another one straight away or wait for a bit, E3 is only 8 months away.

Only 8 months away? I am confused.

I mean, it'd close enough I might be willing to wait and see whats shown at E3 before buying another console.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,361 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

I mean, it'd close enough I might be willing to wait and see whats shown at E3 before buying another console.

There's loads of good titles being released over the next couple of months.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,830 ✭✭✭✭Taltos

Have to agree - the next few months are looking very promising.
    Not to mention the back catalog of some great games I still have to finish.

Cant think of anything thats not multiplatform, I have an XB1 and a Wii U to tide me over :p
    I mean if I see a good bundle I'l go for it no bother, but at the first year of the PS4 (nearly) count me as disappointed. By the same time of the PS3's life, more games I wanted.

Cant think of anything thats not multiplatform, I have an XB1 and a Wii U to tide me over :p
    I mean if I see a good bundle I'l go for it no bother, but at the first year of the PS4 (nearly) count me as disappointed. By the same time of the PS3's life, more games I wanted.

You have Bloodbourne, No Mans Sky, Untill Dawn, The Order, Everybodys Gone To Rapture, Soma and Deep Down coming out in the next 12 months as exclusives off the top of my head.

• Advertisement

8 months is not close enough lol. It's actually longer then the time passed from the last one.

If you don't feel like buying it, then fair enough. I completely understand, but waiting for E3 8 months is a bit of am extreme. On top of that they will show mostly games that will come out in another year or two. So you can say this now too: "I will wait for 2016 holiday season and decide if buy it or not". ;)
    There is enough games already out and a huge list of upcoming games to decide what you want m8. Just my 2 cents.

Xenji wrote: »
    You have Bloodbourne, No Mans Sky, Untill Dawn, The Order, Everybodys Gone To Rapture, Soma and Deep Down coming out in the next 12 months as exclusives off the top of my head.

None of those I'm massively interested in :p Sure by comparison, by the end of the PS3's first year we had Folklore, Uncharted, heavenly sword, GT5 prologue, Resistance, motor storm, war hawk, ratchet and clank, untold legends, super stardust.
    PS4's first year, stuff I've really liked is infamous SS (and first light), resogun, velocity 2X, and i guess the last of us although thats a playstation exclusive rather than PS4.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

It's what you are into really. I didn't enjoy any of the first set of games on the PS3 except Uncharted. I thought GT5 P, Resistance and Motor Storm were average to poor at best. The 360 kept me going with CoD2, Ace Combat 6, Alan Wake and Mass Effect (these were all exclusives at the time) while Sony were working on bringing the later knockout punches. So far the PS4 exclusives are Ok-average but it's running all the cross plats better than the competition so I'm sticking with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭Benzino

Uncharted 4 is due out next year too. I don't think there is really a lot of killer exclusives myself (for either consoles). With exception of Uncharted, I'm most looking forward to No Man's Sky, but being honest with myself, I don't think that game will live up to the hype :(

• Registered Users Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭MarkY91

couldnt give a sh!t if a game is exclusive or not. why would you? there is some great games coming out. "next gen" is only starting. uncharted 4, far cry 4, the division to name but a select few.

• Registered Users Posts: 359 ✭✭SharpCoder

Just a Few titles I'm looking forward to..

Tom Clancys: The Division
    Project Cars
    Uncharted 4
    Silent Hills
    Metal gear Solid: Phantom Pain
    Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Siege
    Battlefront 3
    Dead Island 2

SharpCoder wrote: »
    Just a Few titles I'm looking forward to..

Tom Clancys: The Division
    Project Cars
    Uncharted 4
    Silent Hills
    Metal gear Solid: Phantom Pain
    Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Siege
    Battlefront 3
    Dead Island 2

You will be waiting till 2016 for The Division and Silent Hills.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

Has Battlefront 3 even got a release date? Looking forward to it though.

J Mysterio wrote: »
    Has Battlefront 3 even got a release date? Looking forward to it though.

It should be out in Q2 2015.

• Advertisement

MarkY91 wrote: »
    couldnt give a sh!t if a game is exclusive or not. why would you? there is some great games coming out. "next gen" is only starting. uncharted 4, far cry 4, the division to name but a select few.

Only fanboys praise games for being exclusive. Tomb raider fiasco on xbox one would be a great example.Normal gamers see exclusive as games that you might not get a chance to play if you sticking to one console or you can't afford all platforms.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement