Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS4 Megathread 2.0

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,301 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

We're aware some of you are unable to connect to the PSN at this time. We are investigating the issue.

https://twitter.com/AskPlayStation

• Registered Users Posts: 727 ✭✭✭Muirshin Durkin

F1ngers wrote: »

must have that on auto paste.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,792 ✭✭✭Gandalph

PSN is an absolute joke of a service. Have they released any details on why it's so bad? I mean like being targeted constantly by hackers or just the flow of heavy traffic or something like that?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,830 ✭✭✭✭Taltos

Haven't had any issues with PSN for quite a while now.
    Just pulled down the latest update there as normal, fast, no issues.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,241 ✭✭✭god's toy

Looks like its back ! :)

ok the store is still down but I'm seeing people in my online list without errors

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,276 ✭✭✭readyletsgo

Ugh, update of file size 218mb is taking 6 hours to download and it's been downloading for an hour already, WTF Sony!

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,401 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

Strange, i downloaded and updated in about 5-6minutes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

My download speed last night was ridiculous, 99+ hours remaining on a Wolfenstein update :eek:
    Back to normal this morning, downloaded in 40 minutes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,029 ✭✭✭um7y1h83ge06nx

They really, really need to improve the network, it's comically bad.

I don't play that much online but I find it very annoying. Hardcore online players must have their heads wrecked with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭bennyl10

Havent had any real disruption since i bought the ps4...nothig..ither thsn the scheduled maintenance.. Even the update took a minute or 2 at max..

Really weird seeing people have so many issues...or maybe since i came from the ps3 im just finding no real change?..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

J. Marston wrote: »
    Phew, I only got the PS4 on Friday and I was worried something was wrong.

Oh there's something wrong alright.

• Registered Users Posts: 721 ✭✭✭Pixelbastardo

Trying to download this update and its going to take hours apparently.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭MarkY91

bit annoying how when you get a troph or a message, the box that appears is lower and more inward. may aswell be in the centre of the screen lol

• Registered Users Posts: 29,836 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Psn is back for me now and gotta say the music usb player is simply genius. Finally able to mute gammy pharell williams soundtrack on nba 2k15 and listen to some kendrick lamar and sadistik instead.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

sheehy83 wrote: »
    Psn is back for me now and gotta say the music usb player is simply genius..

So genius infact that the Xbox 360 could do this in 2006. PS4 should have had this feature day one, no excuse imo.

Update 3.00 for the PS4 should be called PS3 features that the PS4 is missing and add them in. All the media codecs, offline trophy list, the ability for the console to turn it's self on from cold and download updates and uploads at a set time each day instead of having to leave the console on standby mode 24/7 using electricity constantly.

The amount of features missing from both the PS4 and XO at launch compared to the last generation is shocking and it's taken almost 12 months for both console get get back to a similar level.

/ends rant.... this feaver is working wonders on me right now.:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,660 ✭✭✭COYVB

Nothing was missing though. It was intentional left out

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,188 ✭✭✭DoYouEvenLift

MarkY91 wrote: »
    bit annoying how when you get a troph or a message, the box that appears is lower and more inward. may aswell be in the centre of the screen lol

How do you quickly check the trophy when it pops up as achieved also? On Xbox you just hit the home button and it'd bring it up and pause the game so you could easily see what it was before going back to the game

How do you quickly check the trophy when it pops up as achieved also? On Xbox you just hit the home button and it'd bring it up and pause the game so you could easily see what it was before going back to the game

Can't be done on the PS4. You have to pause go to the trophy list, wait for it to sync up and then find the one with the latest date. Pain in the hoop for trophy hunters. It's an area that needs work imo. Trophys were an after thought for Sony and after seeing how successful it was on Xbox.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

Included in 2.0

9JdVKkF.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 8,436 ✭✭✭RedXIV

And now, you just press the middle PS button and it brings you straight to the trophy (with maybe 5 seconds for syncing)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,602 ✭✭✭jaffusmax

Just a warning about rest mode I have had when trying to put in standby, the 2.0 seems to have glitched the system and the orange light keeps flashing until a hard reset is done. Mine kept flashing for 2 hours, it has been reported across a few websites/forums now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

I really do like infamous SS/ First Light. I love the battle arenas so I do.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,748 ✭✭✭rolexeagle1

Are we able to get the BBC iPlayer, Demand 5 apps on the PS4 here?

srumball wrote: »
    Are we able to get the BBC iPlayer, Demand 5 apps on the PS4 here?

Nope, unless you use a UK IP proxy in the system settings to get them to actually work. You need to set up a UK PSN account to get them too.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

jaffusmax wrote: »
    Just a warning about rest mode I have had when trying to put in standby, the 2.0 seems to have glitched the system and the orange light keeps flashing until a hard reset is done. Mine kept flashing for 2 hours, it has been reported across a few websites/forums now.

Ya, that's happening with mine too. Will just shut it down rather than set it to standby from now on.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,174 ✭✭✭ItsHoggie

So the light on my ps is flashing orange? I just came home so idk how long it's been like this for but I tried turning on the controller but that didn't do anything and can't seem to switch it on or off from the console?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,602 ✭✭✭jaffusmax

It stops me using remote play as I cant be added getting up to turn on my ps4

• Registered Users Posts: 2,174 ✭✭✭ItsHoggie

ItsHoggie wrote: »
    So the light on my ps is flashing orange? I just came home so idk how long it's been like this for but I tried turning on the controller but that didn't do anything and can't seem to switch it on or off from the console?

I held down th power button till it bleeped and the console restarted like 2-3 time before eventually turning on

• Registered Users Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭MarkY91

Can't be done on the PS4. You have to pause go to the trophy list, wait for it to sync up and then find the one with the latest date. Pain in the hoop for trophy hunters. It's an area that needs work imo. Trophys were an after thought for Sony and after seeing how successful it was on Xbox.

yeah its annoying. sometimes, i like to see what i done to acheive that trophy. disrupts the flow

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,534 ✭✭✭WarZoneBrother

Hey I am on my brothers PS4 atm and wanting to play Watch_Dogs is there a way for me to play it on my main account rather than having to sign in as him every time I want to play?... Been wanting to play and get the trophies myself, can you somehow break the lock that PSN gave the game or something?... Seems a bit stupid to me that you pay 60euro for a game on the store and yet you have no right to play it on the same PS4 with a different user...

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement