Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS4 Megathread 2.0

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Otacon wrote: »
    Included in 2.0

9JdVKkF.jpg

That's a really cool feature

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

Does anyone happen to know if symths are open to swap games in bundles?

http://www.smythstoys.com/ie/en-ie/page/o/PS4MinecraftFIFA15ConsoleBundle/

I just really don't want FIFA.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,534 ✭✭✭WarZoneBrother

cloud493 wrote: »
    Does anyone happen to know if symths are open to swap games in bundles?

http://www.smythstoys.com/ie/en-ie/page/o/PS4MinecraftFIFA15ConsoleBundle/

I just really don't want FIFA.

Surely it would be an easy game to trade on adverts?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,536 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Hey I am on my brothers PS4 atm and wanting to play Watch_Dogs is there a way for me to play it on my main account rather than having to sign in as him every time I want to play?... Been wanting to play and get the trophies myself, can you somehow break the lock that PSN gave the game or something?... Seems a bit stupid to me that you pay 60euro for a game on the store and yet you have no right to play it on the same PS4 with a different user...

You can.

Activate the console as your brothers primary system.

Sign in as him and go to settings.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,534 ✭✭✭WarZoneBrother

Varik wrote: »
    You can.

Activate the console as your brothers primary system.

Sign in as him and go to settings.

Ohh I dont own PS4 yet but I think I am getting his so wanted to try sort this out on his PS4 and try get it working... What part of settings would that be?...

EDIT: Got it working now cheers for that :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

Seems to be a lot of people saying the voice chat has been significantly improved with the 2.0 patch.

Might play Destiny or TLOU tonight just to test it out.

Anyone else having issues logging into youtube? Couldn't do it yesterday and it's the same story today.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,174 ✭✭✭ItsHoggie

Theres a Destiny & Advanced Warfare themes on the US Store

• Registered Users Posts: 359 ✭✭SharpCoder

ItsHoggie wrote: »
    Theres a Destiny & Advanced Warfare themes on the US Store

am i the only person that thinks the themes are crap?

have you tried them?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,241 ✭✭✭god's toy

tok9 wrote: »
    Anyone else having issues logging into youtube? Couldn't do it yesterday and it's the same story today.

Yep same here, can use but not log in

• Advertisement

SharpCoder wrote: »

have you tried them?

I think there a nice change but would wanna see a few more added or custom ones added soon

• Registered Users Posts: 1,602 ✭✭✭jaffusmax

have you tried them?

The ones on the japanese store aint to bad

The background noise on the spiral theme Is head wrecking tho

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭hangar18_

god's toy wrote: »
    Yep same here, can use but not log in
    Same here I uninstall and download again still can't log in

Just messed about with Share Play there with my brother.

He's in Kerry on a crappy connection while I'm in London with an excellent connection.

Unfortunately I wasn't able to connect to him but he was able to connect to me. Just messed about with a small bit of Resogun and Trials and he was saying they were fine other than it looking a bit blurry.

Hopefully I'll get to try it properly with someone a little closer to me :)

Also, I've got the issue where my console has the orange flashing light. Any idea's how to fix it?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

have you tried them?

Noob question but how can i get them on my irish account?

• Registered Users Posts: 721 ✭✭✭Pixelbastardo

Man that share play sounds pretty cool, good way to demo a game if someone on your friends list has something your thinking about buying.. you could even set up a thread for game sharing where people post what games they have and what they would like to try., 2 users agree on a swap and "lend" the game to the other for the hour to test it.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭MarkY91

Man that share play sounds pretty cool, good way to demo a game if someone on your friends list has something your thinking about buying.. you could even set up a thread for game sharing where people post what games they have and what they would like to try., 2 users agree on a swap and "lend" the game to the other for the hour to test it.

im down. who wants to give me a shot of metro redux :P

Rossi IRL wrote: »
    Noob question but how can i get them on my irish account?

Settings > Themes or else in Store > Games > Themes

Anyone else having issues with the ps4 not shutting down properly since the update? Mine freezes every time I put it in rest mode and won't switch on again unless I pull out the plug,boot up in safe mode and rebuild the database. Have to power down completely to avoid any trouble.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,029 ✭✭✭um7y1h83ge06nx

Anyone know how to check what resolution a YouTube video is playing at?

anyone having speed issues lately? took me 5 minutes to download a bloody theme so i checked my connection test and im getting download speeds of 5mbps where is usually get about 30mbps. connection to laptop and phone are all grand..just the ps4 is like this

:(

• Registered Users Posts: 14,845 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Playstation servers are garbage, there's your answer

ShaneU wrote: »
    Playstation servers are garbage, there's your answer

yeah that could explain a slow download form the store. but what gives for my connection speed last few days?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Anyone else having issues with the ps4 not shutting down properly since the update? Mine freezes every time I put it in rest mode and won't switch on again unless I pull out the plug,boot up in safe mode and rebuild the database. Have to power down completely to avoid any trouble.

It is a known issue affecting some owners after updating.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

MarkY91 wrote: »
    anyone having speed issues lately? took me 5 minutes to download a bloody theme so i checked my connection test and im getting download speeds of 5mbps where is usually get about 30mbps. connection to laptop and phone are all grand..just the ps4 is like this

:(

Try it over Wi-Fi, I have never had any speed issues after switching from wired.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,845 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

I can't use any of the free themes. When I download them, there's a locked symbol and says "to use this content, purchase it from the playstation store" and when I click the link it says "the content cannot be selected at this time"

Edit: reset my ps4 and they work now.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,188 ✭✭✭DoYouEvenLift

Aside from being a bit quicker to scroll, but not smoother, the ps4s YouTube app isn't as good to use as the Xbox 360s, I find. Hopefully they'll release updates quickly to add more features like seeing views and likes on videos while watching them, viewing descriptions and being able to click on links to open them in the browser would also be a good new addition that I can't do on 360

And the browser is very disappointing. Should really have it setup as a feature where people can basically use it like as effectively as a HTPC with connected mouse and keyboard

Netflix isn't too bad

Xenji wrote: »
    Try it over Wi-Fi, I have never had any speed issues after switching from wired.

im wireless atm. ps4 is in my bedroom so cant do wired. never have done it. a user said its a known issue after the update so im just happy that its on sonys end and not mine

i hope they solve it before advanced warfare predownload is available as at this rate, its take at least a week to download compared to a few hours at my usual speed :(

• Advertisement

Just had to go into safe mode and install the update again over the pulsing orange light ffs

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement