Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS4 Megathread 2.0

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,748 ✭✭✭rolexeagle1

MarkY91 wrote: »
    im wireless atm. ps4 is in my bedroom so cant do wired. never have done it. a user said its a known issue after the update so im just happy that its on sonys end and not mine

i hope they solve it before advanced warfare predownload is available as at this rate, its take at least a week to download compared to a few hours at my usual speed :(

Is the preload not available already? get it from the US store for €47

MarkY91 wrote: »
    im wireless atm. ps4 is in my bedroom so cant do wired.

Yes you can, get a powerline adaptor, I got a tp link one from amazon but pc world sell them as well. You will see a huge improvement in download speeds. I was getting about 2-3mbps over wifi, it's usually about 30mbps now.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,373 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I have had years and years of crappy internet with my PS3 and now my PS4. Everything else worked great but for some reason those two have terrible connections that keep dropping. Even the PSP and Vita gave me good stable connections. I was getting between 20-40 kb/s download of PS4 but 2 Mb upload on PS4 and it was basically unusable.

Anyway near 10 years later I fix the problem. Router was outputting 802.11g/r/n. Forcing it to 802.11g fixed everything. Really fecking annoyed it took me so long to figure out.

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭Drum.lad

Anyone get into the Evolve beta?

• Registered Users Posts: 359 ✭✭SharpCoder

Drum.lad wrote: »

yes i did

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,536 ✭✭✭✭Varik

As I can't update my PS4 as I'm awayb it means it won't download the evolve beta so by Saturday I may get on.

How big is it does anyone know?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,748 ✭✭✭rolexeagle1

If I download call of Duty Advanced Warfare from the US psn Store will I have any issues playing it here?

There is a 28 euro saving to be made over buying it in Xtra Vision.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,786 ✭✭✭Evade

Varik wrote: »
    As I can't update my PS4 as I'm awayb it means it won't download the evolve beta so by Saturday I may get on.

How big is it does anyone know?
    12GB

Evade wrote: »
    12GB

12.7gb to be exact

says it gonna take 2 hours to download

• Registered Users Posts: 5,534 ✭✭✭WarZoneBrother

Gave Share Play ago with mate I am currently in Qatar and he is in Ireland... I could not connect to him but he got on to connect to me seems like an awesome feature...

Anyways I have another issue, is it possible for me to backtrack games on a PS+ account in which my brother didn't bother to go download the free games?... I don't see why I shouldn't be able to download games that where free on PS+ during the subscription time... I can only seem to download this months free games and nothing else...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,436 ✭✭✭RedXIV

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    I have had years and years of crappy internet with my PS3 and now my PS4. Everything else worked great but for some reason those two have terrible connections that keep dropping. Even the PSP and Vita gave me good stable connections. I was getting between 20-40 kb/s download of PS4 but 2 Mb upload on PS4 and it was basically unusable.

Anyway near 10 years later I fix the problem. Router was outputting 802.11g/r/n. Forcing it to 802.11g fixed everything. Really fecking annoyed it took me so long to figure out.

Yeah but admit there is a little part of you chuffed that you eventually got it :D

Gave Share Play ago with mate I am currently in Qatar and he is in Ireland... I could not connect to him but he got on to connect to me seems like an awesome feature...

Anyways I have another issue, is it possible for me to backtrack games on a PS+ account in which my brother didn't bother to go download the free games?... I don't see why I shouldn't be able to download games that where free on PS+ during the subscription time... I can only seem to download this months free games and nothing else...

no you can't.

If he had initially marked them for download..yes but no you can't go back.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,534 ✭✭✭WarZoneBrother

SharpCoder wrote: »
    no you can't.

If he had initially marked them for download..yes but no you can't go back.

That sucks :( He literally downloaded 0 free games...

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,373 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

RedXIV wrote: »
    Yeah but admit there is a little part of you chuffed that you eventually got it :D

Well it took quite a bit of google-fu, and then I found the answer on boards.ie of all places :)

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭iHateManCity

I have gta v pre ordered on the Ps4.. there's enough to pay for it now in my ps4 wallet..
    will it just be taken from this automatically nearer to the release date?
    thanks

I got Evolve Alpha downloaded and started but the servers seem to be either down or just not on yet till tomorrow.

So no rush on downloading it..

Big Alpha begins Friday, October 31st at 9AM PDT and ends on all platforms Sunday, November 2nd at 8PM PST.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,952 ✭✭✭JamboMac

How do you apply for betas?

JamboMac wrote: »

Well i got mine via my own site, but you can apply via a link.

2kgames.com/evolve/bigalpha/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,174 ✭✭✭ItsHoggie

Drum.lad wrote: »

Yup

You may need this too..

Code: 08347-97365-66457
    Referral Code: EVOLVETOWIN

or...

VG247-1152x720.jpg

also note that An open beta is expected to launch in January 2015 also so if you don't get in this alpha, you will get a chance at the beta then.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

• Registered Users Posts: 397 ✭✭Areyouwell

Quick question, if I replay a game from scratch. Will the final trophies change on the PSN? Or is it a case that once you've played a game, the trophies you get the first time won't change even if you replay it?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,528 ✭✭✭Lucious Sweet

Areyouwell wrote: »
    Quick question, if I replay a game from scratch. Will the final trophies change on the PSN? Or is it a case that once you've played a game, the trophies you get the first time won't change even if you replay it?

You can only earn trophies once. No matter how many replays.
    Unless of course you use a different PSN ID on subsequent plays.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,401 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

I'm currently downloading the metro games, both are about 9gb's each and that's the figure they start at, but shortly after download begins that value drops to a little over 3gb's each...what the heck is going on there?

The only way this happens if the game was originally on PS3 and was made on PS4 also and you plan to reply it from scratch on PS4, otherwise your answer is no.

This would then list the game twice in your trophies and the trophies earned on the same game with a denoted PS3 game/PS4 game title and both trophies may be the same earned but count as two.

I'm currently downloading the metro games, both are about 9gb's each and that's the figure they start at, but shortly after download begins that value drops to a little over 3gb's each...what the heck is going on there?

the ps4 has changed it to 3gb to tell you it only needs 3gb to start playing it and will download the rest while you play.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,401 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

Ahhh, gotchya, I didn't know that that was how it worked.

JamboMac wrote: »

also forgot to mention this beta..

http://thecrew-game.ubi.com/portal/en-GB/beta/index.aspx

The next crew beta will happen in November, you can register your desire to be in it there.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,536 ✭✭✭✭Varik

You won't lose any trophies but each time you play you can unlock new ones that you've not gotten yet.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,301 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

You're all going to love this:
    Alert: We will be performing maintenance on the PSN tonight, 10/30, from 9pm - 11pm Pacific.

https://twitter.com/AskPlayStation

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement