Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS4 Megathread 2.0

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,786 ✭✭✭Evade

And I was planning a hardcore session of gaming between 4 and 6 this morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

haven't been able to access PS3 store for a few days now

• Registered Users Posts: 1,602 ✭✭✭jaffusmax

sweetie wrote: »

I thought was just me!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,301 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

sweetie wrote: »

Wrong thread?

PS4 store working fine for me today.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭MarkY91

havent played PES in years. got the demo today because of curiosity and because fifa 15 is THAT bad. i was shocked...PES graphics make a mockery of fifas dead eyes weird looking players. me and my brothers are enjoying the demo. cant get over the cut scenes. really shows how pathetic EA are

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

F1ngers wrote: »
    Wrong thread?

PS4 store working fine for me today.

Sorry, I'm guessing most PS4 users have a PS3 and it might be connected to the general PSN issues.

PS4/Vita stores working fine for me too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭Batesy

MarkY91 wrote: »
    havent played PES in years. got the demo today because of curiosity and because fifa 15 is THAT bad. i was shocked...PES graphics make a mockery of fifas dead eyes weird looking players. me and my brothers are enjoying the demo. cant get over the cut scenes. really shows how pathetic EA are

Couldn't disagree more. I so wanted to like PES but it's still a mile behind FIFA in terms of presentation. It's a step in the right direction in terms of gameplay but still well short. Cut scenesare fine on FIFA and that's certainly not a breaker for me anyway.

I reckon over the next 2/3 versions Konami will have it polished and ready to truly take the crown back off EA.

Hopefully.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,188 ✭✭✭DoYouEvenLift

MarkY91 wrote: »

Haven't even tried it since I gave up on pes years ago. Used to always play pes and hated Fifa but then they just went to absolute sh!t. Hopefully they come back strong because there needs to be big competitors for games to keep the others improving and innovating instead of just putting put the same broken bullsh!t every year.

Pes lost its original appeal because it tried to cater to Fifa fans more to get them playing. It's similar to call of duty and battlefield. Cod is the simple, easy going fast paced arcade shooter where you pick up the control for a few games and don't care and battlefield is the complex, realistic tactical massive scale and skilled shooter where you want to play for hours and take it seriously to win. Pes felt like a totally arcade game and the pace was so much faster than Fifa's and that's what I loved about them. But then they slowed it down and it became boring and sh!tty

• Registered Users Posts: 3,971 ✭✭✭Flaccus

Anyone getting the yellow light blinking issue when they put their ps4 to sleep. It's really annoying.

http://www.reddit.com/r/PS4/comments/2kk981/psa_rest_mode_formerly_standby_mode_appears_to_be/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,174 ✭✭✭ItsHoggie

Flaccus wrote: »
    Anyone getting the yellow light blinking issue when they put their ps4 to sleep. It's really annoying.

http://www.reddit.com/r/PS4/comments/2kk981/psa_rest_mode_formerly_standby_mode_appears_to_be/

Yeah it's head wrecking, it keeps happening to me when i put it in rest mode.

Had to even hard reset and update software again in safe mode hoping that would help but nah still fecked!

• Advertisement

I can't believe the Sony SQA engineers did not catch this. It's a major feature that doesn't work. Or perhaps they did catch it and decided it will be fixed on the next update.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,766 ✭✭✭lertsnim

F1ngers wrote: »
    You're all going to love this:

https://twitter.com/AskPlayStation

At least that is early morning for us here on GMT

My PS4 doesn't seem to have a "Rest Mode/Stand By" mode anymore,
    Came home just there and the PS was turned off completely saying it was unplugged or something even though I put it in Rest Mode,
    It happened everytime I turn it on now ffs

And here is the fix
    http://www.gamepur.com/news/16769-unofficial-working-fix-ps4-firmware-20-rest-mode-bug-discovered.htm

In power saving settings make sure power to usb ports is changed from default of 3 hours to always.
    Now put PS4 into rest mode. It goes to sleep and you get constant orange light. No more flashing light.
    Can charge controllers no problem, and ps4 OS will resume from the controller now as well.
    Tested it 3 or 4 times and working perfectly.

And here is the fix
    http://www.gamepur.com/news/16769-unofficial-working-fix-ps4-firmware-20-rest-mode-bug-discovered.htm

In power saving settings make sure power to usb ports is changed from default of 3 hours to always.
    Now put PS4 into rest mode. It goes to sleep and you get constant orange light. No more flashing light.
    Can charge controllers no problem, and ps4 OS will resume from the controller now as well.
    Tested it 3 or 4 times and working perfectly.

I just done this like 30 seconds ago lol was thinking if this works ill be the first to solve it ;) lol

• Registered Users Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭MarkY91

Haven't even tried it since I gave up on pes years ago. Used to always play pes and hated Fifa but then they just went to absolute sh!t. Hopefully they come back strong because there needs to be big competitors for games to keep the others improving and innovating instead of just putting put the same broken bullsh!t every year.

Pes lost its original appeal because it tried to cater to Fifa fans more to get them playing. It's similar to call of duty and battlefield. Cod is the simple, easy going fast paced arcade shooter where you pick up the control for a few games and don't care and battlefield is the complex, realistic tactical massive scale and skilled shooter where you want to play for hours and take it seriously to win. Pes felt like a totally arcade game and the pace was so much faster than Fifa's and that's what I loved about them. But then they slowed it down and it became boring and sh!tty

i was comparing the graphics. the PES players actually look like they have life in them unlike fifa dead eyes..could name loads of other things. the gameplay was quite fun but ultimatly, i would choose fifa in the long run even if the scripting and bull**** is laughable almost every game in fifa 15.

ItsHoggie wrote: »
    I just done this like 30 seconds ago lol was thinking if this works ill be the first to solve it ;) lol

Damn it. that workaround isn't permanent. ps4 starts flashing after an hour or so and can't get it to wakeup from the controller. One thing I have not tried yet is booting to safe mode and rebuilding the database which is what Sony say you should do. So will give that a shot. If no luck, will just have to stop using rest mode till a fix comes out.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,354 ✭✭✭nocoverart

I know this is the PS4 thread in all, but just want to say I just turned my PS3 on and you can put me down as another victim of the PS3 store not working.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

I can not get on to the PSN store from the PS4 70% of the time when I first turn it on. I have turn the PS4 off and on again and it will work. On the PS3 I don't have this issue. It's being going on for about 2 months now any is very annoying. I don't understand it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,832 ✭✭✭✭Blatter

I can not get on to the PSN store from the PS4 70% of the time when I first turn it on. I have turn the PS4 off and on again and it will work. On the PS3 I don't have this issue. It's being going on for about 2 months now any is very annoying. I don't understand it.

The same happens to me too. What works for me every time though (for some reason) is testing the internet connection in settings. The PS store always works right away after that.

It's puzzling as to why some consoles have this problem but not all. PS4 performs pretty well otherwise, no other problems that anybody else doesn't experience.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,746 ✭✭✭irishmover

I had that issue but if the first thing I did was go straight to the store it worked every single time. Then from then on it would open up straight away while I still had the PS4 turned on.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,817 ✭✭✭phill106

Weird, i rarely if ever get network issues. Nothing wrong with psn, download speeds are good etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Without sleep mode, how can you turn on the PS4 remotely with the Vita? Have they just made it so that can't be done now?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

phill106 wrote: »
    Weird, i rarely if ever get network issues. Nothing wrong with psn, download speeds are good etc.

Just don't use it as much as others that's why. PSN went down on Tuesday night after the update and download speeds went out the window. The Destiny servers went down at the same time because I could still connect to them.

I got the update in late afternoon and everything was OK, very good speeds, it was when it got later and everyone got home from work etc and hammered the network that caused it to crash.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,766 ✭✭✭lertsnim

I can not get on to the PSN store from the PS4 70% of the time when I first turn it on.

I'd say Sony have missed out on a few purchases from myself because of this. It is incredibly annoying

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭Drum.lad

Got a second code for the evolve beta if anyone needs one pm me.

Gone

Damn it. that workaround isn't permanent. ps4 starts flashing after an hour or so and can't get it to wakeup from the controller. One thing I have not tried yet is booting to safe mode and rebuilding the database which is what Sony say you should do. So will give that a shot. If no luck, will just have to stop using rest mode till a fix comes out.

Yeah still isn't working, I tried downloading update in safe mode did nothing

• Registered Users Posts: 359 ✭✭SharpCoder

Did you change isp/connection or router in that time?

I found most people with store issues had strict nats

• Registered Users Posts: 3,952 ✭✭✭JamboMac

SharpCoder wrote: »
    Well i got mine via my own site, but you can apply via a link.

2kgames.com/evolve/bigalpha/

Happy days man got selected thanks for that.:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 359 ✭✭SharpCoder

JamboMac wrote: »
    Happy days man got selected thanks for that.:D

excellent :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement