Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS4 Megathread 2.0

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,952 ✭✭✭JamboMac

For those moaning about network 12.7 GB est time 70 min will let you know the final score, but don't think it's PSN issue most of the time.

Also got a free theme from American PSN but when I try and use it on the Irish account one it's asking me to purchase it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,317 ✭✭✭CombatCow

JamboMac wrote: »
    For those moaning about network 12.7 GB est time 70 min will let you know the final score, but don't think it's PSN issue most of the time.

Also got a free theme from American PSN but when I try and use it on the Irish account one it's asking me to purchase it.

worked fine for me, are both your accounts set to primary. Also PSN was down in usa lastnight/thismorning so maybe it was affecting the content licences.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,801 ✭✭✭iamtony

Grayditch wrote: »
    Without sleep mode, how can you turn on the PS4 remotely with the Vita? Have they just made it so that can't be done now?
    sleep mode, or standby mode as it was really called in still their it's just called rest mode now and I presume you can remotely turn on the system the same as always.

CombatCow wrote: »
    worked fine for me, are both your accounts set to primary. Also PSN was down in usa lastnight/thismorning so maybe it was affecting the content licences.

Not sure would have to check.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

psn store wasnt working for me either on ps3 during the week, ps3 would lock up and freeze.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,536 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Online Web store is working better that ever same with the mobile version for me, had login issues during the maintenance but that's to be expected.

Should have reset my power saving settings to longer then 20 min.

Downloaded go to log in and servers are at capacity so may not get a go anyway, especially with yanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,766 ✭✭✭lertsnim

Will we be getting a Singstar icon that can't be removed? New game is out and I remember how popular the icon was on the XMB on the PS3.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,536 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Just on now with the new firmware.

One thing I've noticed is the search for PSN id actually works, before at least for me it'd find the person when you'd their full name in but it wouldn't give a list of matches if there were partial matches.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,766 ✭✭✭lertsnim

Ive decided to try uploading to YouTube again and I get the error np-37602-8

Anybody else?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

• Registered Users Posts: 4,746 ✭✭✭irishmover

cloud493 wrote: »

Wow.. I didn't realise it was so cheap to buy it in Australia. After seeing the conversion rate with that price cut I'm shocked.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,479 ✭✭✭Notorious97

Can anyone tell me if you can only listen to music on a usb stick or can an external hard drive be used?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,188 ✭✭✭DoYouEvenLift

13.5 million ps4s sold in less than a year, oh lawd

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,373 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I find it hard to believe it's sold so many. I've noticed no hysteria over the system like you had with the Wii and PS2 and advertising has been awful. Then there's the complete lack of stand out titles. It's a hard one to figure out. Are videogames becoming more ubiquitous and people have more disposable income coming out of the recession. Taking inflation into account the price is pretty low for a launch console as well.

One good thing is that if the install base goes to PS1/PS2 in relation to game development cost then hopefully we'll see a far more diverse library of software that can rival those machines and a return of riskier B tier big budget games because last gen that sort of variety was sorely lacking.

Whatever it is Sony's games division is laughing all the way to the bank by not really doing much at all. I find their 'for the gamers' advertising campaign obnoxious.

I wonder if there will even be shortages at Christmas because Sony have their manufacturing of the console going miraculously well.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,174 ✭✭✭ItsHoggie

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    I find it hard to believe it's sold so many. I've noticed no hysteria over the system like you had with the Wii and PS2 and advertising has been awful. Then there's the complete lack of stand out titles. It's a hard one to figure out. Are videogames becoming more ubiquitous and people have more disposable income coming out of the recession. Taking inflation into account the price is pretty low for a launch console as well.

One good thing is that if the install base goes to PS1/PS2 in relation to game development cost then hopefully we'll see a far more diverse library of software that can rival those machines and a return of riskier B tier big budget games because last gen that sort of variety was sorely lacking.

Whatever it is Sony's games division is laughing all the way to the bank by not really doing much at all. I find their 'for the gamers' advertising campaign obnoxious.

I wonder if there will even be shortages at Christmas because Sony have their manufacturing of the console going miraculously well.

It's Xbox's fault the PS4 sold so much

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,373 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

ItsHoggie wrote: »

Yeah that's a big factor I think. All Sony had to do was sit back and not **** up so badly. However even at that the sales are far outstripping what I'd expect from a new system launch.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

I'm pretty sure they have shipped 13.5 million units, not sold.

tok9 wrote: »

More than likely but that's still an indication of a hell of a lot sold.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,068 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

Varik wrote: »
    Just on now with the new firmware.

One thing I've noticed is the search for PSN id actually works, before at least for me it'd find the person when you'd their full name in but it wouldn't give a list of matches if there were partial matches.

I had assumed that was a privacy thing. It actually made sense

• Advertisement

So much for evolve beta, ps4 one postponed. 2k are blaming the firmware update.

• Registered Users Posts: 359 ✭✭SharpCoder

JamboMac wrote: »
    So much for evolve beta, ps4 one postponed. 2k are blaming the firmware update.

you mean alpha, the beta isn't till january, but yeah it sucks, but a lot about the PSN and sony has sucked recently, bar the mp3 player, that thing has been flawless for me.

ItsHoggie wrote: »

This. Said it lots of times but I was 100% going with xbone until the e3 announcement. They changed the bullsh!t but my opinion had already changed on them to the point where I doubt I'll ever get an xbone out of my own pocket. Then after seeing the ps4 reveal I decided to go back to PlayStation. This is how it was for a lot of Xbox users I'm sure, just don't understand how so many ended up changing their opinions back and still getting an xbone after claiming they'd never buy an xbone or Microsoft product again lol. Same as call of duty players to be honest, you know the ones who annually say "never buying another call of duty" but a few weeks in pick it up and repeat the same cycle.

Not if that article is anything to go by.
    cloud493 wrote: »

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

Not if that article is anything to go by.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=922489

It's shipped alright but as Retro said.. still very impressive. Wouldn't surprise me if they've sold over 11.5 by now since they announced they had sold 10 million about two months ago.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=922489

It's shipped alright but as Retro said.. still very impressive. Wouldn't surprise me if they've sold over 11.5 by now since they announced they had sold 10 million about two months ago.

Videogamer need to word their articles properly then lol http://www.videogamer.com/news/ps4_sales_reach_13_5_million.html

This stat is insane though "3.3 million of them were sold between July and September 2014." I wonder if they have any big deals coming for Christmas to try to really compete with the xbone deal in US and try to drive sales that bit extra.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

The PS4 has a discount price cut in the UK only for just this weekend. As it is they are paying a bit moe for the PS4 than we are though with the conversion rate.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,029 ✭✭✭um7y1h83ge06nx

I'm one of those who had a 360 last gen.

Microsoft's mess ups and my belief that by the end the PS3 had the better exclusives last gen (even if the 360 almost always had the better implementation of multi platform games) swayed me towards Sony this time.

I would love Sunset Overdrive though, I really enjoyed Crackdown and this looks similar.

I really enjoyed Crackdown and this looks similar.

A Crackdown sequel is on the way for the X1 but it looks to be online only with no story anymore which is a shame.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,534 ✭✭✭WarZoneBrother

Does anyone know any deals on PS4's worth getting... Picking one up Monday / Tuesday... Is there any bundles that include the new COD for 399euro?... I know Smyths has 399euro for PS4 Fifa 15 and Minecraft...

• Advertisement

Does anyone know any deals on PS4's worth getting... Picking one up Monday / Tuesday... Is there any bundles that include the new COD for 399euro?... I know Smyths has 399euro for PS4 Fifa 15 and Minecraft...

You won't be seeing any bundles including CoD for free at release. Activision need more money to burn.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement