Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS4 Megathread 2.0

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 944 ✭✭✭jenjenten

Thankfully since i got my BF the PS4 we share we've had no problems!....but the lack of features needs to be addressed, i hope this planned January firmware update delivers!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,602 ✭✭✭jaffusmax

Grayditch wrote: »
    Yip.

Hmmmmm thats me run out of ideas :p once I get a signal from the bog that'll do for now!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

jaffusmax wrote: »
    Hmmmmm thats me run out of ideas :p once I get a signal from the bog that'll do for now!

Ah yeah, it works grand in the gaff, mostly. I'll keep trying different things, sure.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,758 ✭✭✭Temaz

Any news on when we'll get a software update from Sony?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭hallo dare

Temaz wrote: »
    Any news on when we'll get a software update from Sony?

Think January.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 363 ✭✭beercr8te

I hope my fellow PS4 owners have a happy new year and we have a great year ahead of exclusives and other great games ahead of us :D

Banderas.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 1,310 ✭✭✭spider_pig

can anyone with need for speed rivals help me out to get the two friend trophy's ill do the same in return its all i need to get the platinum

my user name is potsy-86

thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

spider_pig wrote: »
    can anyone with need for speed rivals help me out to get the two friend trophy's ill do the same in return its all i need to get the platinum

my user name is potsy-86

thanks

Sure, I need them too. I'll add you

• Registered Users Posts: 1,310 ✭✭✭spider_pig

Moneymaker wrote: »
    Sure, I need them too. I'll add you

cheers added you there

• Registered Users Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭brianregan09

My PSN is back , My router got fried in the power cut on the 27th my isp replaced my router this morning and everything back in perfect working order happy days :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,769 ✭✭✭jimmytwotimes 2013

Just finished Contrast, have to say I enjoyed the game. There's enough variation in there to keep you going and its not so long a game that you'd get bored. Style and look to the game are different from the norm too. Nice handy pace to it which was a change from other games.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,308 Mod ✭✭✭✭.ak

Gonna try and pickup a PS4 at the end of the month - or should I wait? How has it been since launch?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭mozattack

.ak wrote: »
    Gonna try and pickup a PS4 at the end of the month - or should I wait? How has it been since launch?

Poor, I see no reason to get a PS4 unless you like BF4. Fanboys will say differently but that is the truth.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,825 ✭✭✭Timmyctc

.ak wrote: »

I would say go for it ( I dont even have one yet.) But if you look at the list of games that will be released this month and in Q1 theres a few stellar titles there

Linky Poo

Tomb raider, rayman legends, Driveclub, Planetside 2 <3 Also you have all the current titles too obviously

• Registered Users Posts: 30,308 Mod ✭✭✭✭.ak

mozattack wrote: »
    Poor, I see no reason to get a PS4 unless you like BF4. Fanboys will say differently but that is the truth.

I'd probably stick to the PC for BF4 tbh.

But I like having the console early if all the new games are going to be released on PS4 format going forward.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,056 ✭✭✭_Redzer_

You only like bf4 so there's no point listening to you.

It's been good I think. Not great, but that's to be expected so early on. Games look great, especially killzone and AC4, but it just feels like an updated PS3 so far. The games are going to be comig out this year so I'd recommend it

• Registered Users Posts: 13,408 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

I think there's enough to justify it for now.
    Resogun, Contrast and War Thunder are all worth picking up and I think they're still free.
    BF4 has me blown away although I see you have this on the PC. I've certainly no regrets.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,033 ✭✭✭BArra

Nba2k14 is arguably the best launch title for the ps4, it is top quality, looks amazing and plays amazing

• Registered Users Posts: 9,187 ✭✭✭kensutz

Here we go again........

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,418 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Mozattack has been permanently banned for his constant trolling. Let's get back on topic, cheers.

• Advertisement

Such a weird point to be constantly drilling across. Or weird thing to troll with, I can't figure out!

I've been away from the PS4 for a few days. Did I miss it?

Maybe... Let's just say I noticed I still had my jacket on while playing.

After a bit of reading up, what could have stopped my Vita turning on my PS4 from a different location, is that my UPC drops out occasionally, and apparently once the PS4 loses connection to the internet in Standby mode, it doesn't re-connect automatically. This could also cause problems when downloading stuff when leave it doing so in standby mode.

Another thing I read that it could be is that you just can't connect from the Vita end on some types of connections/routers with certain settings. I hope they work on this a bit. I'm not expecting it to be very playable just yet, though.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

Mozattack has been permanently banned for his constant trolling. Let's get back on topic, cheers.

Allow one final piece on this which I think covers everyones opinion on this action.

Bbt_celebration-gif_medium.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭I Saw Silence

Has anyone successfully gotten a replacement controller from Gamestop, Xtra-Vision etc after the thumbsticks have shown signs of wear and tear?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,280 ✭✭✭Glico Man

Has anyone successfully gotten a replacement controller from Gamestop, Xtra-Vision etc after the thumbsticks have shown signs of wear and tear?

I got a replacement from amazon.

• Registered Users Posts: 721 ✭✭✭Pixelbastardo

aaronh007 wrote: »
    I got a replacement from amazon.

Nice.
    Mines starting to show some tearing now, i might do the same.
    You had to send in the damaged controller before getting the replacement, yeah ?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,280 ✭✭✭Glico Man

Nice.
    Mines starting to show some tearing now, i might do the same.
    You had to send in the damaged controller before getting the replacement, yeah ?

No, but that wouldn't have been an issue for me if I had to. At first however, they did want me to return my bundle, for a replacement controller. I kindly said, no thank you. They then offered me 10% of the cost price of the bundle to replace the damaged control, again, I kindly told them no thank you as that didn't cover the cost of a replacement.

After some umm-ing and ahh-ing from the CS guy, I got them to drop the full cost of a replacement if I bought it directly from them that afternoon. I placed my order for the DS4 and gave the CS my order number and a few minutes later, the cost price was removed.

My sticks are wearing a bit, alright. Nothing to worry about too much now, but in another month, it could be different.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

Got a new laptop in the sales, I can see why the PC boys love it so much. It couldn't run BF4 on he highest settings but it's not too bad.

Anyway that and steam has made me decide not to get anything next gen this year. PS3 and Civilisation 5 should tie me over for the year

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,147 ✭✭✭Lord Spence

Anyone have issues with remote play dropping connection. I'm right beside my router on 200mb UPC my ps4 is hardwired and it connects for about 5 Mins then completely losses connection. I have reset my vita and its remote o
    Play license and just played a good 20 mins of resogun and ac4 with no drops so wonder did that solve it. Anyone else having bother??

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement