Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS4 Megathread 2.0

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,534 ✭✭✭WarZoneBrother

You won't be seeing any bundles including CoD for free at release. Activision need more money to burn.

Haha I suppose, guess the Smyths bundle is the best shout then so... Then buy COD for the extra 65euro.. If Smyths had white ps4's in stock would I be fit to take one of them instead of the black console?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

The white PS4s cost about €20 more than the black ones as far as I know. Argos have that same PS4 deal on too.

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭onlyTobes

Too lazy to check, anyone know who's doing the cheapest white DS4?
    Amazon I presume?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

onlyTobes wrote: »
    Amazon I presume?

Too lazy?

Post like this can f*ck off.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,766 ✭✭✭lertsnim

Too lazy to check

I'm too lazy to check for you too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

I checked but I'm too lazy to post

• Registered Users Posts: 1,602 ✭✭✭jaffusmax

Amazon I presume?

what-a-****ing-liberty-o.gif

Amazon I presume?

ab28e683d3d85bcf54f5381d3d69cfed.jpg

The white PS4s cost about €20 more than the black ones as far as I know. Argos have that same PS4 deal on too.

Ahh damn this sucks... I would say Argos would possibly add in the white PS4 in the deal maybe if I managed to persuade them but AFAIK that deal ended on the 31st October... Also to anyone else considering buying PS4 the deal in Smyths ends Monday (rang them up to see about it also asked if could get white PS4 but she said she doesn't think thats part of the deal)...

Also anyone interested in getting COD Advanced Warfighter it is 44£ in ASDA and that roughly works out as 56euro..

• Registered Users Posts: 655 ✭✭✭marvsins

Fair chance COD will be in Supervalu stores around the country for €50-€55.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

marvsins wrote: »

Yeah they did something similar with Ghosts last year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

They didnt have the ps4 version did they?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

marvsins wrote: »

My local Supervalu get most of the AAA titles in but don't advertise it anywhere.

You have to walk up the ladies office where they do all the till's and stuff to ask for a copy.

I would have thought a big retailer like SV would atleast have a pop up stand near the checkouts.

Anyone know how much trade in I'l get for minecraft and FIFA 15? Seems like I can buy the bundle, then just trade the two games in for COD.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,307 ✭✭✭weiland79

Sorry if it's been asked and answered but I've been away for a few days and i come back to a new PS4 update. I did a quick google and it seems that if i install the update, there's a chance that it might F up my console.

So whats a man to do?

I update and my console turns into a door stop.
    I don't and i cant use it online.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,301 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

weiland79 wrote: »
    Sorry if it's been asked and answered but I've been away for a few days and i come back to a new PS4 update. I did a quick google and it seems that if i install the update, there's a chance that it might F up my console.

So whats a man to do?

Update it, any issues and send it back for replacement.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

weiland79 wrote: »

So whats a man to do?

There is a chance of that happening every time you have every updated the software in anything. Just do it. It's not like the iOS8 update Apple botched.

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭La Mer

Ahh damn this sucks... I would say Argos would possibly add in the white PS4 in the deal maybe if I managed to persuade them but AFAIK that deal ended on the 31st October... Also to anyone else considering buying PS4 the deal in Smyths ends Monday (rang them up to see about it also asked if could get white PS4 but she said she doesn't think thats part of the deal)...

Also anyone interested in getting COD Advanced Warfighter it is 44£ in ASDA and that roughly works out as 56euro..

check Gamestop they have the same deal (for me gamestop deal is much better because you can choose infamous instead of the s*ity minecraft (no offence to the fans lol) ).
    I disparately want the white one too not sure if you can choose it tho.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,188 ✭✭✭DoYouEvenLift

La Mer wrote: »
    check Gamestop they have the same deal (for me gamestop deal is much better because you can choose infamous instead of the s*ity minecraft (no offence to the fans lol) ).

Don't understand why the white one costs more than the regular also. Also not sure why they don't have other colours to match their controllers. At launch they should have a variety of styles and colours and some limited editions. It's a small thing but would drive sales even more. I want a blue ps4 lol.

La Mer wrote: »

Please tell me this means Infamous Second Sons :eek: ... I bet it is First Light though in which case I purchased and completed during my stay at my brothers... So I can just redownload that anyways and get the trophies... If it is Second Sons however I am massively interested...

• Advertisement

Please tell me this means Infamous Second Sons :eek: ... I bet it is First Light though in which case I purchased and completed during my stay at my brothers... So I can just redownload that anyways and get the trophies... If it is Second Sons however I am massively interested...

No its first light. Said bundle is on their website.

cloud493 wrote: »
    No its first light. Said bundle is on their website.

Yeah just checked it out hmmm wonder what would be worth more, I suppose first light but it is 15euro in the store... Also might just get Minecraft to try it out... Decisions, decisions... Might ring them up monday and see if they will give me a white PS4 and if not I will say I will buy in Smyths or something then...

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭onlyTobes

sweetie wrote: »
    I checked but I'm too lazy to post

So it was Amazon then.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

So it was Amazon then.

You are way off if you think it is the cheapest on Amazon, maybe if you asked nicer you would have been informed of where to pick it up reliably for €41.00 :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭MitchKoobski

Any here had the problem where the PS4 kept trying to eject a disc?

Turned it off there to head up for a shower, when I came back down it had turned itself back on from standby, ejected the disc and wouldn't let me put it back in because it thought it was still trying to eject a disc.

Found this but I'm hoping one of you came across the problem and it went away....

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Turned it off there to head up for a shower, when I came back down it had turned itself back on from standby, ejected the disc and wouldn't let me put it back in because it thought it was still trying to eject a disc.

Found this but I'm hoping one of you came across the problem and it went away....

Have the same, the solution above works but its only temp.

Yeah I had it as well as freezing, hence why I sent the thing back to amazon.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Actually I've gotten a freight a few times because the ps4 turned on by itself during the night :eek:

Actually I've gotten a freight a few times because the ps4 turned on by itself during the night :eek:

I could imagine your reaction

joaquin-scared-of-aliens-o.gif

• Advertisement

jaffusmax wrote: »
    I could imagine your reaction

joaquin-scared-of-aliens-o.gif

Similar to the above yes :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement