Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS4 Megathread 2.0

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,317 ✭✭✭CombatCow

Anyone know when the ps store will be back online? was trying to pre order gta v for my nephew now so he can get the extra bonus money

The store is online, there haven't been any issues with it today, could be your connection.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,188 ✭✭✭DoYouEvenLift

cadete wrote: »
    Playbook 4....... That is all

Lol if he was gonna spend over €1k for portable gaming I'd hope he'd use it to get a decent gaming laptop instead of that

• Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

Lol if he was gonna spend over €1k for portable gaming I'd hope he'd use it to get a decent gaming laptop instead of that

You can buy a gaming laptop for 1k?!

Nope.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,774 ✭✭✭cadete

Don't think a gaming laptop would make his console more portable would it?????

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭iHateManCity

CombatCow wrote: »
    The store is online, there haven't been any issues with it today, could be your connection.

Cheers.. I tried to pre order the game on my nephews profile from the playstation store on my computer got a message saying I'm not eligible to purchase or download content..
    Any ideas what that's about?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭Benzino

I'm unable to get into the Store or download anything from my library, anybody else having this issue?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,536 ✭✭✭✭Varik

I'd buy a small projector if I was spending any where near that amount, as I've gone the gaming laptop route before and it's a waste of money.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,534 ✭✭✭WarZoneBrother

cloud493 wrote: »
    Boo. Still not a bad deal. Was that a deal they had advertised or did you have to ask for it?

Just saw advertised.. If you got FIFA bundle I would be interested in buying if you where selling then maybe you can get COD for 50 in super valu

• Registered Users Posts: 2,174 ✭✭✭ItsHoggie

Just picked up PS4 White + COD Advanced Warfare for 419.99euro in Smyths... Wanted the White since the start and now I finally got a decent bundle with it... Prefer this deal than the 400euro with FIFA 15 + Minecraft... Might just pick up Fifa 15 second hand on adverts or something

Is deal on in all Smyths? Can't see it online

ItsHoggie wrote: »
    Is deal on in all Smyths? Can't see it online

Yeah I got in letterkenny store should be nationwide if not tell them the deal is on other stores

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

Was looking forward to checking out what COD was like through Share play but it looks like they have completely disabled it. Singleplayer, MP, splitscreen - All blocked.

tok9 wrote: »
    Was looking forward to checking out what COD was like through Share play but it looks like they have completely disabled it. Singleplayer, MP, splitscreen - All blocked.

Could just be the Day Zero Edition

• Registered Users Posts: 1,437 ✭✭✭biggebruv

can anybody get shadow of mordor shareplaying or is that blocked???

I tried watching my friends game but it says something about the host not in the same region

tried it on the launch of shareplay last week and again a few days later

yet were both here in dublin:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

Cheers.. I tried to pre order the game on my nephews profile from the playstation store on my computer got a message saying I'm not eligible to purchase or download content..
    Any ideas what that's about?

Is it possible that PS are restricting 18+ titles if he's under 18? Maybe they work off the DOB given when setting up a profile.

There's probably some pre order bonus content from Gamestop?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

Was he playing in on a US profile account by any chance or playing a non UK version of the game?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

If you preorder it in Gamestop you get the cash bonus: http://www.gamestop.ie/PlayStation%204/Games/46408/grand-theft-auto-v

Rant
    My god is it expensive though - €75! Wtf. When did it become ok to charge €75 for a ****ing game? What happened to 55 / 60 max. 'It's next gen so it's more expensive to make' or some ****. This game is over a year old as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,836 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Sorry lads, I'm sure this has been brought up but is Rest Mode still goosed? I want to use it to download DC Universe but don't wanna chance bricking the system.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭wilser

Hi

I am looking to get a ps4 for Xmas for my son. GameStop have the console, fifa 15 and infamous first light for €400.
    Is this a good deal?
    Are there any better deals out there?
    I think the games are digital downloads.
    Also I have a 500gb ps3 at home that is full from the plus games, is there a 1tb ps4 on the way?
    Thanks for any input/advice

• Registered Users Posts: 11,747 ✭✭✭✭wes

wilser wrote: »
    Also I have a 500gb ps3 at home that is full from the plus games, is there a 1tb ps4 on the way?

No, there isn't but you can replace the PS4 hard drive with a larger one. You can buy a 2tb one pretty cheap, here is a guide on what to do:

The PlayStation 4 hard drive upgrade guide

and another:

How to Replace a PS4 Hard Drive

Hi

I am looking to get a ps4 for Xmas for my son. GameStop have the console, fifa 15 and infamous first light for €400.
    Is this a good deal?

No news on 1tb but you can buy one and install it, no issue with warranty.

If you get first light get second son as well.

• Advertisement

Hi

Is this a good deal?

You sure the games are digital downloads?...

Thanks for the replies, I remember when I got the 500gb ps3 I thought id never fill it so I was just trying to save buying an extra hard drive this time around.
    I'm not sure if the games are on discs or download I just assumed they where downloads tbh.
    I had a look in Argos, smyths and hmv and this send to be the best deal atm,
    Maybe closer to Xmas they might try and give it a push especially with the xbox around the same price with 3 games.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

The games are on disc, its the xbox one stuff thats all digital.

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭chili_fecker

sheehy83 wrote: »
    Sorry lads, I'm sure this has been brought up but is Rest Mode still goosed? I want to use it to download DC Universe but don't wanna chance bricking the system.

Yeah I put it in rest mode last night again to give it another try. Came back an hour later and same story; blinking orange again. I Just turn it off completely now.

Thanks for the replies, I remember when I got the 500gb ps3 I thought id never fill it so I was just trying to save buying an extra hard drive this time around.
    I'm not sure if the games are on discs or download I just assumed they where downloads tbh.
    I had a look in Argos, smyths and hmv and this send to be the best deal atm,
    Maybe closer to Xmas they might try and give it a push especially with the xbox around the same price with 3 games.

Smyths is also doing a similar deal but Minecraft instead of inFamous First Light... Then again gamestop have it with Minecraft either aswell

• Registered Users Posts: 20,830 ✭✭✭✭Taltos

sheehy83 wrote: »

Not sure - I haven't used it in months myself. Got tired of getting warnings that it had been shut down incorrectly by me, while it was on hibernate... Not every time but if I waited a few days I regularly saw it. Why take the chance is my gut feel.

Games on disk are still fully installed to the hard drive, so if a game is 20GB it's 20GB on the hard drive regardless of whether you downloaded or bought it in a shop. You can delete games and then reinstall them from a disc which would save space and the time instead of downloading them again. The disk has to be in the PS4 even if it's not being read off to run the game.

My brothers looking to pick up a PS4 this week or next, anybody know any good deals in the white one? All I can really find is deals for the black console

Smyths is also doing a similar deal but Minecraft instead of inFamous First Light... Then again gamestop have it with Minecraft either aswell

Cheers this looks a better deal as first light is coming to plus in January :)

• Advertisement

Varik wrote: »
    Games on disk are still fully installed to the hard drive, so if a game is 20GB it's 20GB on the hard drive regardless of whether you downloaded or bought it in a shop. You can delete games and then reinstall them from a disc which would save space and the time instead of downloading them again. The disk has to be in the PS4 even if it's not being read off to run the game.

Why would they do this, thats a waste of space is it not?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement