Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS4 Megathread 2.0

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

Presumably it speeds up load times a bit.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,534 ✭✭✭WarZoneBrother

Should it not be optional then?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

Maybe, but its not :P

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,188 ✭✭✭DoYouEvenLift

Why would they do this, thats a waste of space is it not?

One benefit I know is it makes the games run totally silently since the disc drive wouldn't need to keep going the whole time, used to install the games I played the most on Xbox 360 purely for this reason

• Registered Users Posts: 359 ✭✭SharpCoder

I wish they would just fix the messaging system, it's pitiful that you must wait like 10 mins for a message to show, it's basic network 101 to send and receive messages

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 498 ✭✭badker

any good deals for ps4 console? a bubble maybe need for xmas pressie

Firmware 2.0.1

renamed feature.
    • SoonyTM messaging

• Registered Users Posts: 2,174 ✭✭✭ItsHoggie

Went into online chat with Sony about the rest mode problems and after about an hour waiting I finally got through to them,
    here's what too told me too do,

1.Turn Off console completely and then unplugged all wires
    2.Wait 3 minutes and then plugged back in all wires
    3.Then go into Safe Mode and select Rebuild Database

He then told me to test out Rest Mode again and it actually worked this time so hopefully it's sorted from now.

Also the console powered up from Rest Mode in the space of second no PS Logo or nothing took me straight to my User screen

Nope, still getting flashing orange light ffs

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭NewWorldLeader

ItsHoggie wrote: »
    Nope, still getting flashing orange light ffs

how long did you wait after they told you to test rest mode?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,317 ✭✭✭CombatCow

Update 2.01 is out now to fix the rest mode issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,276 ✭✭✭readyletsgo

Hey lads, so I have all the ps+ games on my ps4 since launch but haven't touched any of them yet. What ones would you recommend to me that you think are worth my time? Which ones did you really enjoy?

Just seems to be a mountain of them and don't know where to start. Could give each one a half hour and see I suppose, but ya know yourself, time is right and so many games as always!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

Hey lads, so I have all the ps+ games on my ps4 since launch but haven't touched any of them yet. What ones would you recommend to me that you think are worth my time? Which ones did you really enjoy?

Just seems to be a mountain of them and don't know where to start. Could give each one a half hour and see I suppose, but ya know yourself, time is right and so many games as always!

Resogun, Outlast, Velocity 2X and Strider were probably my favourite. If you have a friend around (or Share Play now) Towerfall Ascension and Sportsfriends are supposed to be a lot of fun.

Tbh I've played a lot of the PS4 games on my vita as they are cross buy. So the likes of Spelunky, Don't Starve and Velocity are great to play on the vita for me.

The next plus games I want to play (before todays) are Dust and Trine 2. So you've plenty of options anyway!

how long did you wait after they told you to test rest mode?

They told me to leave it in RM for 1 minute and then try turn it back on,which it did. I then played on it for about an hour to hour and half before going to bed and ended up getting pulsing light again

• Registered Users Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

Rest mode seems to be working for me just fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭OhHiMark

I assume ither people have tried this but I just bought a ps4 and was getting the flashing orange light in rest mode. What fixed it for me was turning it completely off, then holding the power button until it beeps a second time, then select update software. Install v2 and it's now working fine for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭Benzino

I'm pretty sure they released an update today to fix the issue, hence why it's working now?

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,401 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

Yup, fair play to them, was worried based on past experiences that they'd leave this for ages, a little over a week is perfectly acceptable, hopefully they don't botch the next update!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,534 ✭✭✭WarZoneBrother

Anyone got any cheap games to recommend?... Might get PS+ now tomorrow maybe...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭OhHiMark

Benzino wrote: »
    I'm pretty sure they released an update today to fix the issue, hence why it's working now?

That fix worked for me yesterday.

• Advertisement

I'm still getting the pulsing orange light in rest mode, but can turn it on normally tho

• Registered Users Posts: 4,317 ✭✭✭CombatCow

Give it about 30+ seconds to do the white flashing - orange flashing - then solid orange.

CombatCow wrote: »
    Give it about 30+ seconds to do the white flashing - orange flashing - then solid orange.

Yeah seem's to be working now thank f*ck

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

Just downloading the 2.01 patch. It's over 200mb! Isn't that the same size of the 2.00 patch.

Surely there must be a bit more than just that fix.

tok9 wrote: »
    Resogun, Outlast, Velocity 2X and Strider were probably my favourite. If you have a friend around (or Share Play now) Towerfall Ascension and Sportsfriends are supposed to be a lot of fun.

Tbh I've played a lot of the PS4 games on my vita as they are cross buy. So the likes of Spelunky, Don't Starve and Velocity are great to play on the vita for me.

The next plus games I want to play (before todays) are Dust and Trine 2. So you've plenty of options anyway!

Trine 2 and dust are two of the better games to grace ps+, trine is also co-op 3 player online, good laugh with buddies.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

Hate to drag this up but am I missing something with the share button?

It seems such an awkward task to save a video/image.

For example, scoring goals in FIFA i'd love to just tap the button and have my PS just save a clip. Instead, whatever way I'm doing it I exit the game temporarily and have to press square to save the clip.

Is it me or my PS thats stuuupid?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,193 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

So they release a patch to fix the flashing orange light bug.......... and the bug isn't fixed?

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,401 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

MrStuffins wrote: »
    So they release a patch to fix the flashing orange light bug.......... and the bug isn't fixed?

Is it still happening on your one post update or something?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,193 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

Is it still happening on your one post update or something?

Yup. Updated and it's still screwed!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,128 ✭✭✭thorbarry

Do you guys use covers for the analog sticks? I hear that the sticks wear very quickly without them. Any advice on some good ones online?

Cheers

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement