Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS4 Megathread 2.0

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,536 ✭✭✭✭Varik

thorbarry wrote: »
    Do you guys use covers for the analog sticks? I hear that the sticks wear very quickly without them. Any advice on some good ones online?

Cheers

Mine didn't lose a lot or lose its shape but the texture was worn off, got the covers to deal with that.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

Do you guys use covers for the analog sticks? I hear that the sticks wear very quickly without them. Any advice on some good ones online?

Cheers

I bought a set of orb covers on amazon from a seller called gameseek.

You get 2 different types in the pack

• Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

Cheers

A poster here put a link to a cheap ebay set. I bought those and they work grand. Think they were only 2euro or something silly.

A quick ebay search and I'm sure you'll have plenty of options.

Anyone I know who hasn't covered them end up with having to return the pad from torn rubber etc.

Shoddy workmanship to quote father ted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

Mine are perfect after a year of good use, am I using them wrong? :pac:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Lol mine too :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

Yes

• Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭Benzino

No issues with mine either, got it at launch too.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

Launch controller here and used almost every day and they are still fine. I reckon it's a combination of heavy handed use and or/game types played. Some people are very rough on controllers.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,128 ✭✭✭thorbarry

Cheers folks, I may just order some just in case :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,528 ✭✭✭Lucious Sweet

Cheers folks, I may just order some just in case :)

If you don't play FIFA you'll be grand.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,534 ✭✭✭WarZoneBrother

The Wolf Among US PS Store - 25euro
    The Wolf Among US Gamestop - 40euro

Seems logical...

• Registered Users Posts: 655 ✭✭✭marvsins

I bought a red controller at Xmas and the left stick rubber wore down last week. I play about 8 hours a week !

• Registered Users Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Fuzzy_Dunlop

If you don't play FIFA you'll be grand.

Yep. No problems at all with them for 6 months then as soon as I got fifa the left stick started going.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Both my controllers have had the rubber wear down on the left analog stick ( no Fifa/FPS ) got some Kontrol Freak covers and they work great.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭Slippin Jimmy

I'm very disappointed with my controller. There are holes and teeth marks in it. It's a pity Sony don't make them dog proof :-)

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,401 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

My controller is still perfect, no sign of wear or tear whatsoever, I could repackage it and no one would be any the wiser that it's not brand new :P

I'm actually very impressed with it overall and do prefer it to the X1's controller...not that I have a big problem with either anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 2,915 ✭✭✭cursai

I think people with controller issues should wash their hands more often. Could be an acid build up thats ruining their controllers.
    Not a mark on mine and have it since this time last year!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,528 ✭✭✭Lucious Sweet

cursai wrote: »
    I think people with controller issues should wash their hands more often. Could be an acid build up thats ruining their controllers.
    Not a mark on mine and have it since this time last year!

Yeah but do you have any skin left on your hands? :-) I personally find that I get better grip with unwashed hands.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,193 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

My controller is fine but it was only when I bought a new 2nd controller that I noticed how much more worn the analogue sticks were on the older one. Nothing too drastic but they're definitely wearing down a bit.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,836 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Just saw you can now pause downloads. Best addition of 2.0!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,952 ✭✭✭JamboMac

Got into the crew beta happy days.

JamboMac wrote: »
    Got into the crew beta happy days.

It's crap, sad days :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 25,068 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

It's crap, sad days :pac:

So.. not worth the 15 GB download?

Just got my redeem code there now.

I think its a good laugh, hefty install and another one that won't let you get past the prologue mission.

So.. not worth the 15 GB download?

Just got my redeem code there now.

Different strokes... It's just not for me, you might like it.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,068 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

Fcuk it, it's free so I'll give it a go

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

Anyone else using the eircom F1000 router wirelessly on the PS4?

Another boards member is and he seems to be getting back some terrible results on the ps4 (45KB download at one stage)

I've gotten him to turn off DHCP and switch to 802.11g mode but not a huge improvement.

Any idea's?

tok9 wrote: »
    Anyone else using the eircom F1000 router wirelessly on the PS4?

Another boards member is and he seems to be getting back some terrible results on the ps4 (45KB download at one stage)

I've gotten him to turn off DHCP and switch to 802.11g mode but not a huge improvement.

Any idea's?

My Eircom has gone to sh*t lately in the evenings. I got 999 hours remaining on an update for a game during the week, tried it the next morning and it was done in minutes.
    Speed tests will show it to be fine but there are some sites that are being throttled IMO, XBMC is terrible slow for me at certain times but I'm getting 40-50MB download speeds on the same device with a speed test.

Thread on it here
    http://touch.boards.ie/thread/2057315815/1

• Registered Users Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭MarkY91

anyone still having problems sending and receiving messages? takes an eternity to do both.its gotten worth on the so called amazing 2.0 update. pathetic

• Advertisement

Yeah eircom in the evenings gone awful shyte in the evenings and yupp Messages still take ages.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement