Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS4 Megathread 2.0

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,209 ✭✭✭Redzer7

MarkY91 wrote: »
    anyone still having problems sending and receiving messages? takes an eternity to do both.its gotten worth on the so called amazing 2.0 update. pathetic

Yeah getting this a lot, using my phone app to send and read messages now.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭MarkY91

how annoying huh? the console is out a year and i cant even receive a message with 5 minutes of loading.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

I'm finding it to be a lot more improved (messaging) but I suppose I haven't used it as much since I've being playing Destiny less.

Anyway finally got a good go of share play there and it worked pretty much flawlessly. Really impressive stuff. Played 3 games of Fifa with a friend (one with the eircom router)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,534 ✭✭✭WarZoneBrother

Stupid question, but how do I leave a chat I was invited to... Theres tonnes people in a chat and I keep getting notifications do i just delete the messages?

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭brijay

Stupid question, but how do I leave a chat I was invited to... Theres tonnes people in a chat and I keep getting notifications do i just delete the messages?

That;s what I do

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,952 ✭✭✭JamboMac

The crew reminds me of GTAV races and it has that cinematic crashes that was in a game a couple of years ago, not great.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,301 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

NEW: The PAIN Free To Play Beta Enrolment is open! Follow the link and join in!

https://psnbeta.eu.playstation.com/userInfo.php?enroll=PAIN

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

Anyone know what The Pain is?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,029 ✭✭✭um7y1h83ge06nx

Noob question here.

With PS Plus subs are they locked to a specific country or region?

As in can I buy a UK, US or Asian sub for my Irish account.

Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,836 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

tok9 wrote: »
    Anyone know what The Pain is?

I think it's an updated version of this one?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

Noob question here.

With PS Plus subs are they locked to a specific country or region?

As in can I buy a UK, US or Asian sub for my Irish account.

Thanks.

Yes they're locked. You have to get a EU one for an Irish account, a UK one won't work unless you have a UK PSN account etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,029 ✭✭✭um7y1h83ge06nx

Great, thanks for that.

Be interesting to see if the subs are any cheaper in other European countries then, although I admit that €50 is good value for Plus.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

US one is 50 dolla and they have great psplus reductions on sale items

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Man, I used to LOVE that Pain game. Me and the missus spent hours a day getting high scores.

• Registered Users Posts: 359 ✭✭SharpCoder

witcher_3_first_dlc_pack.jpg

great news @ All 16 pieces of DLC for The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt will be free

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

Looks like a drop is coming so I'd hold off buying one for a few weeks

60050819-b426-4e33-b769-a45011a778c1.jpg

http://ie.ign.com/articles/2014/11/07/playstation-4-price-drop-in-the-uk?abthid=545cba7bbd2fb3af0b000003

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,401 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

I'd read that GameStop would be dropping the price for a weekend, not sure why they'd do that for a weekend only thouvgh

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭iHateManCity

Is anyone getting horrible download speeds on their ps4?
    The most I got after 3 tests was 2 mbps.. on upc.. Nat type 2 with and without the wifi

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,401 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

Is anyone getting horrible download speeds on their ps4?
    The most I got after 3 tests was 2 mbps.. on upc.. Nat type 2 with and without the wifi

I have, but similarly I've had terrible DL speeds on the X1 too, I'm also with UPC so am laying the blame with them at the moment

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

I have to admit, that White PS4 looks really really sexy...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

It really does. Kinda wished I had held off for that Destiny bundle. Oh well.

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭iHateManCity

I have, but similarly I've had terrible DL speeds on the X1 too, I'm also with UPC so am laying the blame with them at the moment

I turned the router on and off and it's gone to 14mbps.. I use to get 28 with the wifi so it's still not right but much better
    downloading gta v should be fun if it stays like this when I can download it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,748 ✭✭✭rolexeagle1

RasTa wrote: »
    Looks like a drop is coming so I'd hold off buying one for a few weeks

60050819-b426-4e33-b769-a45011a778c1.jpg

http://ie.ign.com/articles/2014/11/07/playstation-4-price-drop-in-the-uk?abthid=545cba7bbd2fb3af0b000003

Black Friday?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,188 ✭✭✭DoYouEvenLift

There's gonna be a ps4 GTA 5 bundle, don't think it'll be a customised ps4 though but it really should, like the cod advanced warfare Xbox one bundle

Getting the same slow download speeds on PSN with UPC as others are saying. It's going to take me 5hrs to download 5GB, usually takes 25mins. Big problem on UPCs end with the way PSN traffic is routing. I can download fine from my laptop and PC. Just PSN speeds are gone. I hear the same issues with XBL and UPC now too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,748 ✭✭✭rolexeagle1

Getting the same slow download speeds on PSN with UPC as others are saying. It's going to take me 5hrs to download 5GB, usually takes 25mins. Big problem on UPCs end with the way PSN traffic is routing. I can download fine from my laptop and PC. Just PSN speeds are gone. I hear the same issues with XBL and UPC now too.

DO you think they are throttling it?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

An old trailer, but Apotheon has been confirmed to be coming to the PS4 & Steam in January.

srumball wrote: »
    DO you think they are throttling it?

No, I reckon they have some sort of proxy settup for some reason. They have been caught doing that before, re routing certain traffic.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

srumball wrote: »
    Black Friday?

Not in the UK. That is an American thing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,534 ✭✭✭WarZoneBrother

Ohh it is, it really is... I got mine last Monday with Call of Duty for 420euro... Absolutely loving it, white is so much better imo...

Anyone got any games to recommend that are coming soon... In a dilema on whether to get GTA V or Little Big Planet 3 or possibly even AC Unity... Hmmm

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement