Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS4 Megathread 2.0

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

Ohh it is, it really is... I got mine last Monday with Call of Duty for 420euro... Absolutely loving it, white is so much better imo...

Anyone got any games to recommend that are coming soon... In a dilema on whether to get GTA V or Little Big Planet 3 or possibly even AC Unity... Hmmm

Gta looks tasty, as does the other 2

Youve got a tough decision to make

• Registered Users Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

SharpCoder wrote: »
    witcher_3_first_dlc_pack.jpg

great news @ All 16 pieces of DLC for The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt will be free

Any idea when this'l be out? Look really good.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,188 ✭✭✭DoYouEvenLift

Otacon wrote: »
    Not in the UK. That is an American thing.

Apparently Irish and UK stores are trying to jump on that bandwagon and turn us into the idiots that American consumers are on Black Friday. As much as I'd like to be able to get absolute bargains, I wouldn't like to see anything close to what happens in America on Black Friday also happen over here.

We already have farmers day.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

Amazon.co.uk have been doing Black Friday deals for a past few years. Some great deal to be had, they go on for a week. Well worth checking each day to see what time the deals are on at.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

J Mysterio wrote: »
    Any idea when this'l be out? Look really good.

The Witcher 3 will be out on the 24/02, February will be a busy and expensive month, you also have Bloodbourne, The Order, Evolve and Dead Or Alive 5.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,534 ✭✭✭WarZoneBrother

Rossi IRL wrote: »
    Gta looks tasty, as does the other 2

Youve got a tough decision to make

Also Far Cry 4 damn ... I think I will go with Far Cry 4 though

• Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

Also Far Cry 4 damn ... I think I will go with Far Cry 4 though

I myself am getting GTA and Far Cry, other 2 can wait.

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭hangar18_

I have AC unity, gta5 and the order 1886 perorder from the us store, can't wait for GTA 5. Was playing the crew beta there now its not great lads

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,188 ✭✭✭DoYouEvenLift

I really need to change the hard drive to a 2TB one and get started with using the US PSN store in the future before I use up much more room and make swapping harder

I think if Sony released a blue ps4 with 2TB for a higher price it'd do well

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,941 ✭✭✭osh

I'm thinking about getting the current deal in Argos of €379 and COD game. Will swap the game for one I'd prefer so seems a decent enough deal I think.

Just never had a Playstation before so wondering how it works for online play? Do I need a PS Plus sub and how much is it? Are there different places to buy it?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,682 ✭✭✭LookingFor

That Argos deal is pretty amazing. Almost wonder if it's a mistake! Seems a lot better than any of the deals going in the UK anyway. Tempted myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,862 ✭✭✭Redo91

Amazon.co.uk have been doing Black Friday deals for a past few years. Some great deal to be had, they go on for a week. Well worth checking each day to see what time the deals are on at.

Is it hard to find the games that are on offer?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,436 ✭✭✭RedXIV

Redo91 wrote: »

if you're looking for games on black friday, gamestop do blackfriday deals, they usually change on the hour on the day.

Amazon will list the deals it's going to do every day in the morning as part of it's lightning deals.

Redo91 wrote: »

It will tell you day by day, but they are mixed in with everything from shoes to TVs and kids toys etc. Sometimes they only drop down a very limited amount of stock to a set price for an hour or so. Some days there might not be any games on offer though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,528 ✭✭✭Lucious Sweet

Black Friday is usually a head **** in my opinion. You spend the day looking at your computer, hitting refresh. Gamestop site constantly crashes and Amazon roll out the ****e and call them bargains.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,436 ✭✭✭RedXIV

Usually there's something good buried in it though.

2 years ago, they were selling PS3 Dualshock controllers for 20 quid a pop.

And I picked up a second hand 360 the year before that for only 50 quid and its still going strong

Xenji wrote: »
    The Witcher 3 will be out on the 24/02, February will be a busy and expensive month, you also have Bloodbourne, The Order, Evolve and Dead Or Alive 5.

Finally some good games. Will definitely get the Witcher. Will be looking at the Order and Evolve closely. Evolve looks a bit like AVP2, the Order a bit like Dishonored - hopefully they're better than those games though.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

Just played Towerfall Ascension with a friend through Share Play and finally I see why the game is loved. The multiplayer is a loaf of fun.

Is it too much to ask Sony to allow 3 other players in share play? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 42,086 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

I was downloading the latest software update and after it had completed downloading and preparing for installation it never restarted automatically. Succeeded after a manual restart. Anyone had any problems like that?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,660 ✭✭✭COYVB

Seems to be loads of issues with power after the update. Mine no longer goes into rest mode. It just hangs with the fan on full tilt til you pull the plug

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

Has anyone tried Share Play with Sportsfriends? Said the other user couldn't play due to country restrictions.

Was wondering if it was just an issue since I'm in the UK and the other user is in Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,573 ✭✭✭ahnowbrowncow

I have joined the PS4 family.

I caved in before the year anniversary and picked up a ps4 and COD for €349.99 in Argos today.

Any tips for a new owner?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭Batesy

I have joined the PS4 family.

I caved in before the year anniversary and picked up a ps4 and COD for €349.99 in Argos today.

Any tips for a new owner?

Pick up a set of controller thumb grips to help protect your thumb sticks.

Buy a PS Plus subscription for €50.

Set up a US PSN user as well as your Irish one.

If you can afford it pick up the Sony 2.0 stereo headset for €85. (It's worth it)

Batesy wrote: »
    Pick up a set of controller thumb grips to help protect your thumb sticks.

Or just use your controller like a normal person and you won't need these at all. People that need these are just too heavy handed and hamfist the thing when they are playing. I've watched it first hand and then they wonder why.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭Batesy

Or just use your controller like a normal person and you won't need these at all. People that need these are just too heavy handed and hamfist the thing when they are playing. I've watched it first hand and then they wonder why.

They're only like €5 and you can be as heavy handed as you like.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,952 ✭✭✭JamboMac

I've been playing FIFA for a couple of weeks now and no issue with sticks but then I wash my hands.;)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

I blame NBA 2k for the wear on mine.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,766 ✭✭✭lertsnim

I must be playing like an animal so.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,401 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

I don't agree, its happened to too many people to be brushed off as unnecessary roughness so i think there was a definite fault on the production line at some point.

If people are used to being heavy handed and hamfisted as you've put it that's only because previous gen controllers could handle such abuse, that standard should not be acceptably lessened (and with the ds4 I don't think it has, the x1 controller on the other hand is quite a bit inferior)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement