Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS4 Megathread 2.0

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,534 ✭✭✭WarZoneBrother

God damn 4 games I really want out this WK and next

Assasains creed unity
    GTA 5
    Far cry 4
    Dragon age

Yeah this week is insane for games... Too bad can't afford them all :( .. Little Big Planet 3 is also almost out I don't know why, but I want that game... Far Cry 4 looks absolutely insane...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

Little big planet tends to go down in price fairly fast, I'd wait.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭MarkY91

Assasains creed unity
    GTA 5
    Far cry 4
    Dragon age

my poor wallet cannot handle this! i so want the first 3 games :(

• Registered Users Posts: 12,536 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Might wait until Christmas sale for far cry, ubi usually have their new stuff marked down a bit.

Got fc3 cheap last time.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,308 Mod ✭✭✭✭.ak

Yeh. Think GTA5 is the only must have of that list. Santa will be getting the rest....

• Advertisement

GTA will only be a buy for me if I can get it under 60 notes. Otherwise I'll wait for the price drop, I'm not splurging 70 quid odd on a relatively new game, the last of us remastered was a wee bit cheaper.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,573 ✭✭✭DeSelby83

cloud493 wrote: »
    GTA will only be a buy for me if I can get it under 60 notes. Otherwise I'll wait for the price drop, I'm not splurging 70 quid odd on a relatively new game, the last of us remastered was a wee bit cheaper.

Amazon or US psn store will sort you out there

I refuse to buy digital unless theres no other way to get it :p sure I can wait for a price drop.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

tok9 wrote: »
    There is a 2.02 update out now.

It's to fix problems with Dragon Age. Update 2.00 causes the console to lock up playing the game and corrupt saves. 2.02 is supposed to fix that.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

cloud493 wrote: »
    I refuse to buy digital unless theres no other way to get it :p sure I can wait for a price drop.

It's €58.27 on Amazon delivered. I'd reckon it will drop quick enough.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,188 ✭✭✭DoYouEvenLift

Assasains creed unity
    GTA 5
    Far cry 4
    Dragon age

Weeks like this are why we need bigger hard drives and US PSN savings lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

There is a 2.02 update out now.
    Otacon wrote: »
    MOAR STABILITY!

I just saw this on GAF and simply had to repost it here.

UncomfortableLeadingAtlanticblackgoby.gif

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,468 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Finally taking the plunge and buying a PS4 tomorrow, any suggestions for what games I should get to keep me busy until Christmas? Thinking about the evil within. Really want the new dragon age game too next week. Any changes to GTA V from the PS3 version or is it just updated graphics?

• Registered Users Posts: 359 ✭✭SharpCoder

Necrominus wrote: »
    Finally taking the plunge and buying a PS4 tomorrow, any suggestions for what games I should get to keep me busy until Christmas? Thinking about the evil within. Really want the new dragon age game too next week. Any changes to GTA V from the PS3 version or is it just updated graphics?

you get all the current dlc and the new first person mode

• Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭Benzino

Yay, they fixed messaging! That's more like it.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

Benzino wrote: »
    Yay, they fixed messaging! That's more like it.

Are you serious? That'd be great news. Also about damn time.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭Benzino

Are you serious? That'd be great news. Also about damn time.

Yup, loading perfectly for me on the console. App is still dodgy, at least on Android anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,174 ✭✭✭ItsHoggie

My messages are gone back to being b*llocks already not even a few hours since I updated it

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Okay.... Wtf is going on with Internet connection and ps4... I am getting 18kb/s speeds on ps4 lately. I get up to 15mbit speed test on my phone in same room.
    I googled it and looks like you need to change your wireless from "n" to "g" mode, but after I done it, it's still same ****. I can't even watch god Damn Netflix now...

• Registered Users Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

Is it just me or is the DL shocking for this update? Taking forever.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Is it just me or is the DL shocking for this update? Taking forever.

Blame all the people downloading AC:Unity.

Xenji wrote: »
    Blame all the people downloading AC:Unity.

That still shouldn't affect it to this level. It's 217mb ffs! I've had it on for 25 mins and it has downloaded 10mb so far.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

That still shouldn't affect it to this level. It's 217mb ffs! I've had it on for 25 mins and it has downloaded 10mb so far.

Restart your ps4, I had a similar issue before while trying to Download a game and the a restart sorted it, I too am downloading the update and its moving along nicely.

Restart your ps4, I had a similar issue before while trying to Download a game and the a restart sorted it, I too am downloading the update and its moving along nicely.

Will give this a go

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Will give this a go

Try restarting your router as well, the download for me was only a minute or two.

• Registered Users Posts: 721 ✭✭✭Pixelbastardo

Edit,
    @ above, waste of time restarting the router. tried it many times when psn speeds are acting up, never fixes anything. Its the servers sony uses, and possibly the way eircom direct traffic from these servers.

Yeah, trying to download this update now and its saying 7 fooking hours!!, on a 75mb fibre.. the funny thing is when i turned the system on a COD update popped up first at just over 100mb, and it downloaded in seconds, then the Firmware update started and speeds are to a crawl... they must have the FW update on different servers than game updates or something... this sh** is ridiculous, and its was the same thing last update.. psn is getting worse, and it should be getting better with it being a premium service.. no cod for me tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭brijay

Edit,
    @ above, waste of time restarting the router. tried it many times when psn speeds are acting up, never fixes anything. Its the servers sony uses, and possibly the way eircom direct traffic from these servers.

Yeah, trying to download this update now and its saying 7 fooking hours!!, on a 75mb fibre.. the funny thing is when i turned the system on a COD update popped up first at just over 100mb, and it downloaded in seconds, then the Firmware update started and speeds are to a crawl... they must have the FW update on different servers than game updates or something... this sh** is ridiculous, and its was the same thing last update.. psn is getting worse, and it should be getting better with it being a premium service.. no cod for me tonight.

Same thing happening to me the cod update was instant but this firmware update is taking ages!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,354 ✭✭✭nocoverart

Getting excited for Never Alone next week. November might be a packed month but that's the game I want the most.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

ItsHoggie wrote: »
    My messages are gone back to being b*llocks already not even a few hours since I updated it

No messages then?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 498 ✭✭badker

best place to buy spare controller? and also console

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement