Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS4 Megathread 2.0

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,602 ✭✭✭jaffusmax

Anyone have issues with remote play dropping connection. I'm right beside my router on 200mb UPC my ps4 is hardwired and it connects for about 5 Mins then completely losses connection. I have reset my vita and its remote o
    Play license and just played a good 20 mins of resogun and ac4 with no drops so wonder did that solve it. Anyone else having bother??

I have my ps4 set to connect directly with the vita, works fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,147 ✭✭✭Lord Spence

jaffusmax wrote: »
    I have my ps4 set to connect directly with the vita, works fine.

what sort of distance are you getting, I tried that but lost connection just by being in the next room, it did connect but only lasted about 5 mins or so, I wonder is the vita I am using at fault, my son has a vita I might try his and see if the same happens.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 944 ✭✭✭jenjenten

anyone recomend an optical cable for the ps4.....are the cheap ones as good as the dear ones?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,602 ✭✭✭jaffusmax

what sort of distance are you getting, I tried that but lost connection just by being in the next room, it did connect but only lasted about 5 mins or so, I wonder is the vita I am using at fault, my son has a vita I might try his and see if the same happens.

My ps4 is in the kitchen i have no probs in bedroom above and living room next door

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭hallo dare

jenjenten wrote: »
    anyone recomend an optical cable for the ps4.....are the cheap ones as good as the dear ones?

got mine on ebay, cheapest one i could find and it works perfectly.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,734 ✭✭✭Newaglish

Is it possible to use my PS4 controller with my PC?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

That's odd. As I've said I've been able to connect from Kerry to London with no issue however my internet here is poor so the games don't look great on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

Newaglish wrote: »
    Is it possible to use my PS4 controller with my PC?

Yes, some games work, some don't. It's trail and error really.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Kildare2005

Well my ps4 start have issues, not great after just few weeks of use. Wifi just stop working sometimes, i have to try reconnect it good few times before it start work. I have ps3 and vita and laptop and phone connected to same network in same room So No weak signal Or So. Its ps4 only issue, hope they will realese this New firmware update soon

• Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭Benzino

NBA 2k14 is going for about €37 on Amazon.com. It's a digital code so you will need a US PSN account to download it but you can play it on your Irish account if it is set as the primary console.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Benzino wrote: »
    NBA 2k14 is going for about €37 on Amazon.com. It's a digital code so you will need a US PSN account to download it but you can play it on your Irish account if it is set as the primary console.

Just be warned it is close to 42 gig in size to download, great game though.

• Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭rafi bomb

Xenji wrote: »
    Just be warned it is close to 42 gig in size to download, great game though.

Feck it 58.99 in argos and I'd prefer to have the physical copy. Shall get it tomorrow

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

When you're buying the ps4 would you recommend getting the camera with it straight away? And what bundle would you get? Killzone seems most popular, is it a good game though?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

I'd hold off on the camera but if you really want it check adverts for people selling it that got it with the mega bundle. I liked Killzone, don't know what people were expecting from it to dislike it. It does look amazing at times though and really shows off a small taste of what the PS4 has in store graphics wise. The game I been playing the most since launch is AC4, I have 32 hours logged into it so far and just past the 3/4 stage in the story.

I'd look out for the AC4 bundle and pick up Killzone cheap second hand.

There are some new games on the way too. Tomb Raider Ultimate Edition if you missed it for the PS3, good game really enjoyed it. Thief is out Feb 28th and inFamous Second Son on March 21st. MGS 5 Ground Zero is due soon too along with Drive Club.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

AC4 is a borderline masterpiece imo.

Great game. And there are times when the scenery looks staggeringly close to real life.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,318 ✭✭✭padair

Moneymaker wrote: »
    AC4 is a borderline masterpiece imo.

Great game. And there are times when the scenery looks staggeringly close to real life.

Its a great game.

Does anyone know how to team up to do the online trading missions

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,298 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

padair wrote: »
    Does anyone know how to team up to do the online trading missions

I thought it was automatic at first.
    I got to help a "friend" once and got a good few "you were helped" messages with my ships, but nothing for a few days now.

I know for a fact that the lads I've seen playing online would've helped out without asking, leads me to believe it's all a bit random.

If the opportunity arose(more than once) I would have helped out more often.

F1ngers wrote: »
    I got to help a "friend" once and got a good few "you were helped" messages with my ships, but nothing for a few days now.

Where about does it say to help a friend. Someone is helping me but I have never seen it.

• Registered Users Posts: 319 ✭✭mickob16

Just a question about playing fifa online. I haven't played it since fifa 11 so when I went online I was looking for the lobbies where u could pick an opponent but am I right in saying that the lobbies are gone or am I missing something obvious?

Looks like quite a few posts were deleted. Woopsie

Bad server failure

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

First official trailer for Daylight, A Horror Game That Changes Every Time You Play.

It is built on Unreal Engine 4 and uses procedural generation to recombine some of its various elements. In this case, it looks like the labyrinthine layout of the Mid Island Hospital setting gets a remix with each new game you play.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭MarkY91

Xenji wrote: »
    First official trailer for Daylight, A Horror Game That Changes Every Time You Play.

It is built on Unreal Engine 4 and uses procedural generation to recombine some of its various elements. In this case, it looks like the labyrinthine layout of the Mid Island Hospital setting gets a remix with each new game you play.

what changes when you play it again?

think ill be playing that with volume on mute thank you very much :L

• Registered Users Posts: 1,310 ✭✭✭spider_pig

I have the ps4 power saving option set for 20min to turn off with games but it isnt doing its job
    I rushed out earlier and have only got home about 4 hours later to find the thing still on with bf4 still at the option menu,
    anyone else have this issue?

It had worked before, not sure about while a game was active, I just remember the notification i got saying that it turned it self off due to power saving option

• Registered Users Posts: 783 ✭✭✭Saucy McKetchup

mickob16 wrote: »
    Just a question about playing fifa online. I haven't played it since fifa 11 so when I went online I was looking for the lobbies where u could pick an opponent but am I right in saying that the lobbies are gone or am I missing something obvious?

Yeah lobbies are gone, it's all about seasons now or playing with people on your friends list

• Registered Users Posts: 30,308 Mod ✭✭✭✭.ak

I presume AC4 is waaay better on the PS4 than PS3? Like, I should just hold out on buying it until I buy my PS4 next month (if they come back into stock)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,330 ✭✭✭NeVeR

Hey all,

Just a question about the storage space on the PS4.

I've not downloaded any games yet.

I own COD Ghost and Madden 25

I go into the Storage area to check my space etc and see that Madden is using 15 gig and COD is using a massive 33 gig !!!! How is this possible ? .. Whats the point of buying a game on disk is it's going to use up all this space ?

I had the idea of downloading a few games and buying some on disk ( so not to use up all my space ) but that seems to not be a good idea anymore..

Is there a way to stop the content downloading from disk to machine ?

• Registered Users Posts: 721 ✭✭✭Pixelbastardo

NeVeR wrote: »
    Hey all,

Just a question about the storage space on the PS4.

I've not downloaded any games yet.

I own COD Ghost and Madden 25

I go into the Storage area to check my space etc and see that Madden is using 15 gig and COD is using a massive 33 gig !!!! How is this possible ? .. Whats the point of buying a game on disk is it's going to use up all this space ?

I had the idea of downloading a few games and buying some on disk ( so not to use up all my space ) but that seems to not be a good idea anymore..

Is there a way to stop the content downloading from disk to machine ?

We have to install all games unfortunately. And game sizes are, and will grow bigger then anything from last gen.
    On the plus side, less chance of the disc drive crapping out from over use.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,418 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

.ak wrote: »
    I presume AC4 is waaay better on the PS4 than PS3? Like, I should just hold out on buying it until I buy my PS4 next month (if they come back into stock)

It seems the gap isn't as massive as you'd think, according to digital foundry and others. The current gen versions are meant to run very well. The next gen version is of course several notches above over all, but it's definitely an upwards port rather than the other way around.

I can only vouch for the PS4 version, but it is frequently a breathtakingly beautiful game. Many times I've just stopped to take in the sights. If you're happy to wait, wait.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

Ya it's a wonderful looking game.

The one complaint I'd have visually is that I find all the character models in cut scenes to look off... they just look very prosthetic, shiny.. something.. it just doesn't sit right with me.

Very small complaint though.. I've only played it for an hour.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 784 ✭✭✭Klair88

ACIV is the best game I've played so far for the PS4. I'm 100% finished the single player and am currently grinding the MP for the rest of the trophies for the Platinum. What a pleasure of a game. Best in the Series.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement