Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS4 Megathread 2.0

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

I thinking of picking up Rogue Legacy and outlast whistleblower are they any good.

both are well reviewed. depends on what you like tho.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,573 ✭✭✭DeSelby83

chrislad wrote: »
    It's like an Assassins Creed 4 demo. I picked it up when it was on sale a few weeks ago. It's more of the same. If you likes AC4 or you want to get a taste of it without buying the full game, go for it.

I havnt played AC4 at all but enjoyed all the previous entries. Think I'll get it, scratch that parkour itch

• Registered Users Posts: 853 ✭✭✭EDDIE WATERS

sweetie wrote: »
    both are well reviewed. depends on what you like tho.
    I loved outlast and was just wondering the DLC was worth picking up.I am well going to pick Rogue Legacy

• Registered Users Posts: 12,536 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Phone just got updated to use remote play, tried on my Tablet (nexus 7) but it didn't take.

Not at home so I can't register it or mess with ports.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,801 ✭✭✭iamtony

Playstation fully loaded contest:

http://ps4daily.com/2014/11/ultimate-playstation-4-contest/

Looks interesting can anyone name it all for me before I enter;-)

Sorry if this was already posted I didn't bother reading the last few pages.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

sweetie wrote: »
    great price for golf club, might hit you up for a round murphyebass

cool yeah my tag is murphyebass on psn.

Will be interesting to see can a golf game get my attention away from Destiny.

I bought outlast and its dlc for about a tenner as well. Love me some survival horror.

And Strider. I used to love Strider on the Amstrad years ago so will be interesting to see what they've done with it.

Both got decent reviews so we'll see.

Really don't know why I keep buying games when I haven't even opened Bayonetta 2 yet.

Damn you ps plus!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

PlayStation Vue is a new online TV streaming service, mixing on-demand content with live broadcasts.
    Sony plans to begin testing its new subscription cloud TV service PlayStation Vue in New York City later this month.

After that initial test of the service, which is delivered via the Net to PlayStation 4 and PS3 game systems, Sony expects to launch the service in four cities – New York, Philadelphia, Chicago and L.A. – during the first three months of 2015. More cities will go online after that, says Sony Computer Entertainment President and Group CEO Andrew House.

PlayStation Vue blends live local broadcast and cable TV network programming with on-demand content and programs that viewers have saved in a cloud-based DVR. Six major content partners are on board: CBS, Discovery Communications, Fox, NBCUniversal, Scripps Networks Interactive and Viacom.

That adds up to about 75 channels including Comedy Central, Animal Planet, Food Network, Syfy and Nickelodeon. Sony continues talking to other major providers with the biggest holdout being Disney, parent company to ABC and ESPN. "It's a pretty robust lineup, by no means do I think we are done," House said.

A "competitive" subscription fee will be announced at a later date, he says. Subscribers will not be charged any setup fee – your game system, TV and broadband connection are all you need – and will not have to agree to a certain length of contract.

635514071190440009-MainMenu-LiveTV-Gotham.jpg

Early days but it sounds interesting. Will probably be quite a while before it's available over here (if at all).

• Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

I really hope they do a resizing exercise on their servers. PSN is already creaking and this will not help matters.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

Alrights lads, any of ye ever order a controller from amazon.com.

Was wanting to get the camo controller but cant find it anywhere around here.

I never ordered anything from amazon.com before

double post

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

Something up on the Sony side of things with the latest update. Last night I downloaded an 800mb game update file in 10mins, a 500mb game update file is about 6mins and then the PS4 2.02 update file of 217mb takes 45mins. After I downloaded a PSN game and got my proper download speed again.

Clearly showing the PS4 update being throttled of bandwidth being cut on the back end of things and nothing to do with UCP or my connection.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,528 ✭✭✭Lucious Sweet

Rossi IRL wrote: »
    Alrights lads, any of ye ever order a controller from amazon.com.

Was wanting to get the camo controller but cant find it anywhere around here.

I never ordered anything from amazon.com before

I saw one in Gamestop Crescent SC, Limerick yesterday for 64:99
    They also have it listed on their website

• Registered Users Posts: 1,329 ✭✭✭wcarey1975

http://www.argos.ie/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/Search?storeId=10152&langId=111&q=DUALSHOCK+4&pp=20&r_001=1|Accessory+type|Controllers|1

59.99 at the minute for the black, the red and the blue ones. Picked up one last week in Naas Argos.

W

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

This may have been asked already, and if so , apologies. I've done an (admittedly) quick search, and found nothing.

I'm wondering about purchasing content from the US PSN with a Paypal account. My account is Irish. Would I need to have a US Paypal account in order to make a purchase, or is there a region lock in place at all?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,748 ✭✭✭rolexeagle1

gerrybbadd wrote: »
    This may have been asked already, and if so , apologies. I've done an (admittedly) quick search, and found nothing.

I'm wondering about purchasing content from the US PSN with a Paypal account. My account is Irish. Would I need to have a US Paypal account in order to make a purchase, or is there a region lock in place at all?

Yeah that wont work.

Buy some US PSN credit from Amazon.com. It will ask you to change your shipping address, change it to a big hotel in a state without sales tax.

Use it on the US PSN sotre through your PS4.

srumball wrote: »
    Yeah that wont work.

Buy some US PSN credit from Amazon.com. It will ask you to change your shipping address, change it to a big hotel in a state without sales tax.

Use it on the US PSN sotre through your PS4.

Was thinking - Thank you

I wonder would this also work through Amazon's new digital Store - you can buy PSN content on there, and they send you a redeem code for the store

• Registered Users Posts: 2,174 ✭✭✭ItsHoggie

Has anyone had any problems with downloading content from the US Store and using it on their Irish one?

ItsHoggie wrote: »
    Has anyone had any problems with downloading content from the US Store and using it on their Irish one?

No I got COD there last week works fine. The only thing is you have to buy DLC from the US Store.

Also have downloaded many demos

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,301 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

ItsHoggie wrote: »

No.

Was thinking - Thank you

I wonder would this also work through Amazon's new digital Store - you can buy PSN content on there, and they send you a redeem code for the store

mmm, that I don't know. But the process is really easy, got to amazon.com log in with your amazon account (doesnt matter where it is from).

Add $50 US PSN Card to purchase. It will tell you that it will only work with US shipping address. It will actually prompt you to change your shipping address, do it for your US PSN voucher purchases.

Don't forget to change it back next time you use amazon UK, or you will get some funky ass shipping prices.

I am ordering GTA 5 in this way also, and maybe Far Cry 4. The games cost a total of €48 in this way and are €70 - €75 here in the shop.

You are saving the trade in value of the game.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

If I were in the market for a 2nd controller I'd be going to Amazon personally. It only works out about a tenner cheaper but I'd rather that tenner in my pocket personally. Also argos are trying to sell the white controller for €70! :eek:

£41 sterling for the same controller on Amazon ffs.

I know theres delivery time as well but most people could wait the couple of days I'd imagine.

From my own experience it wouldnt work with my Irish PP account. But did work with my US one. This may not be the case for all users though. I know I havent really answered the question sorry :).

wcarey1975 wrote: »
    From my own experience it wouldnt work with my Irish PP account. But did work with my US one. This may not be the case for all users though. I know I havent really answered the question sorry :).

Thats ok. Is it hard to set up a US Paypal account?

Mods - if it's not ok to talk about this stuff here, I apologise.

Thanks lads, its was working out at €75 through amazon.com. Even though gamestop.ie said its out of stock, i rang my local and they have a few of them for €64.99.

Saved €10 buying in gamestop, cant say that very often

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

Does anyone know if little woods are good for delivery?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,317 ✭✭✭CombatCow

Dualshock 4's are £40(€50) from gamestop.co.uk, when you use parcelmotel, thats an additional €4 so €54 delivered from them is good. Otherwise they are also €51 delivered for amazon.co.uk

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭DarkJager

cloud493 wrote: »
    Does anyone know if little woods are good for delivery?

Yup they're quite good, they use Fastway couriers here and are generally quite quick sending stuff out. Just don't pre-order new release games with them, continually disappointing. It says on the site things like "pre order now for delivery on x" but it will always be a few days after that date as the items come from the UK.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,738 ✭✭✭eyeball kid

Thinking of making the upgrade from the PS3 to 4 pretty soon.

However I have a couple of concerns over it that maybe some of you can help me with. I currently connect the PS3 through wifi that's connected to a 3 dongle. Its only 3G at the moment and on good days I'd get maybe 2 Mbps. Its never affected me playing games online like COD or BF or watching Netflix. Only problem is when I'm downloading updates to game. These can take hours, sometimes overnight.

Are there more system/game updates on the PS4 than on the PS3 and are the file sizes similar?
    Upgrading to proper broadband isn't really an option at the moment or in the future.

Thanks.

Thats ok. Is it hard to set up a US Paypal account?

Mods - if it's not ok to talk about this stuff here, I apologise.

TBH cant remember I set it up about 3-4 years ago and with the introduction of Amazon using the credit that was much easier so used that instead.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

DarkJager wrote: »
    Yup they're quite good, they use Fastway couriers here and are generally quite quick sending stuff out. Just don't pre-order new release games with them, continually disappointing. It says on the site things like "pre order now for delivery on x" but it will always be a few days after that date as the items come from the UK.

Oh really, I was gonna order GTA from them but I think I'l wait and see what argos prices it at. Thanks.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement