Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS4 Megathread 2.0

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,534 ✭✭✭WarZoneBrother

I tried ordering some wallet from PSN with my PayPal account, my paypal account had only USD stored so I could not buy on the PS Irish store... I changed the currency to Euro and it worked, maybe this would work the same if you change your Euro currency to USD and order through that?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

I see PSN is down for maintanance on November 17 between 6pm and midnight GMT.

Does anybody else not think that all the downtime during the year should be added up and refunded in extra time to our PS+ sub?

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭iHateManCity

Rossi IRL wrote: »
    I see PSN is down for maintanance on November 17 between 6pm and midnight GMT.

Does anybody else not think that all the downtime during the year should be added up and refunded in extra time to our PS+ sub?
    I agree with that.. and it kinda ****s up those of us hoping to pre load gta v who don't have the fastest Internet connection..
    what a crock of ****!
    not to mention the facat that you could pre load it on the Xbox one since a few days ago

• Registered Users Posts: 1,342 ✭✭✭Sean Quagmire

V2.02 downloading now. 217mb download time...7 hours! wtf is going on?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

Yep, it took me 45mins to get that download, yet I also managed to get a 530mb and 800mb update file in 5 and 10mins each at the same time. Where ever Sony are hosting that update file it's bandwidth is limited or throttled big time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

It's really strange as it took myself and other posters a minute or two, while others it was hours, the issue may not all be due to Sony, know that UPC users seem to have more issues than most.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,684 ✭✭✭FourFourRED

Can't believe I missed the Lego Marvel game for $8, back up to $40 now.

Picked up Last of Us for $26 though happy with that!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭wilser

FourFourFM wrote: »
    Can't believe I missed the Lego Marvel game for $8, back up to $40 now.

Picked up Last of Us for $26 though happy with that!

Was this on amazon?
    Can I purchase a download code from amazon USA and redeem it on my Irish psn account? Sorry if this is a stupid question/answered loads of times

• Registered Users Posts: 8,684 ✭✭✭FourFourRED

wilser wrote: »
    Was this on amazon?
    Can I purchase a download code from amazon USA and redeem it on my Irish psn account? Sorry if this is a stupid question/answered loads of times

I imagine it would need to be downloaded with a US ps account but don't know for sure

http://gamedealdaily.com/playstation-4/the-last-of-us-remastered-full-game-download/

Really liking some of these games on sale currently... UFC for 28euro surely it's worth it... Tempted by Plants vs Zombies... What to buy?

• Advertisement

Picked up Sherlock Holmes: Crimes and Punishments and MGS as both have been on my to play lost for awhile. Looking forward to spending a few cold winter's nights engrossed in the world of Sherlock Holmes.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,801 ✭✭✭iamtony

Xenji wrote: »
    It's really strange as it took myself and other posters a minute or two, while others it was hours, the issue may not all be due to Sony, know that UPC users seem to have more issues than most.

Only took minutes for me and I'm using upc on wifi. On ps4 downloads are always quick on PS3 they are a lot longer for me anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

Valiant hearts is much better than I expected, loving it.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,363 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Wouldnt mind getting valiant heart for 7 euro.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

If it was on Vita too I would have bought it.

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭OrgasmicBaz

What's Thief like to play lads/girls?

I played the demo but wasn't sold on it really. Its a good price now at the moment so might give it a go before DA.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,528 ✭✭✭Lucious Sweet

I played the demo but wasn't sold on it really. Its a good price now at the moment so might give it a go before DA.

I bought it when it was on a flash sale on US PSN earlier in the year. Played it for an hour and haven't touched it since. It looks great but I found it extremely boring and i lost interest very quickly.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,764 ✭✭✭mickstupp

I played about half of it on the PS3 when I got loan from a friend. I almost got it in this sale, but I think I'll wait till it's free on PS+ at some point. Or at least under a tenner.

I did get the remastered Sleeping Dogs, because that's a thoroughly brilliant game, and I'm looking forward to going through it again.

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭OrgasmicBaz

Ye thought it was a bit boring myself on the demo. Think ill avoid it so

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

I see PS Now is up and running on the US Store, does it work here in Ireland or is it geo-blocked?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,317 ✭✭✭CombatCow

geo-blocked yeah

• Registered Users Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭MarkY91

i was really looking forward to it. videos on youtube made it look so cool and stealthy. it was boring and one of the worst games ive played on ps4. didnt even complete it which is rare for me

Just bought The Golf Club for 14euro... Brother bought it too so may be fun for multiplayer...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

I really love valiant hearts, its brilliant, and it looks incredible. I'm still awful at stealth games playing ground zeroes.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,746 ✭✭✭irishmover

Planetside 2 beta coming end of the year.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,536 ✭✭✭✭Varik

irishmover wrote: »
    Planetside 2 beta coming end of the year.

The game is 2 years old on the 20th, they're meant to announce the PS4 version news on the day.

Varik wrote: »
    The game is 2 years old on the 20th, they're meant to announce the PS4 version new on the day.

It was supposed to be fully released before Christmas on the PS4. Personally prefer it to be ready as its an incredible game on PC so prefer they get it right for PS4.

What do you mean by new? They're gonna try convince everyone its a new game??

• Registered Users Posts: 12,536 ✭✭✭✭Varik

irishmover wrote: »
    It was supposed to be fully released before Christmas on the PS4. Personally prefer it to be ready as its an incredible game on PC so prefer they get it right for PS4.

What do you mean by new? They're gonna try convince everyone its a new game??

Meant news and not new.

Varik wrote: »
    Meant news and not new.

Ah OK get ya now.

Here's the news anyway.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2014-11-14-planetside-2-ps4-beta-planned-for-2014

Its a shame they're sticking to the micro transaction route. Hopefully this means they Dont sell it as a full priced game. Looking forward to trying beta.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭Batesy

Just bought The Golf Club for 14euro... Brother bought it too so may be fun for multiplayer...

Is it worth a purchase?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement