Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS4 Megathread 2.0

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Bough my first game for PS4 in more then 3 months. ROGUE LEGACY! ( which I already own on PC :pac: )
    Looking forward to collect some gold and die a lot! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 12,536 ✭✭✭✭Varik

irishmover wrote: »
    Ah OK get ya now.

Here's the news anyway.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2014-11-14-planetside-2-ps4-beta-planned-for-2014

Its a shame they're sticking to the micro transaction route. Hopefully this means they Dont sell it as a full priced game. Looking forward to trying beta.

0% chance it'll be a full price game, at worst it'll be a paid beta (€20 euro game with €20+ credit to spend and guaranteed beta access).

It'll be the same as PC, all the Micro transactions are fair in that and users can create and submit their own content (cosmetic only) to sell. The people who complain of pay to win in Planetsid 2 are idiots.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,534 ✭✭✭WarZoneBrother

Batesy wrote: »
    Is it worth a purchase?

Only played 2 holes it seems every time you play your put up against ghost online players which seems interesting... If you like golf games I am sure it is worth it...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

Only played 2 holes it seems every time you play your put up against ghost online players which seems interesting... If you like golf games I am sure it is worth it...

Add me as a PSN friend: "HeebusJeebus".
    I've been playing it a lot this weekend. Finally got my average score back to evens.
    It's a great game but requires finess when it comes to chipping & putting.
    I've also added a terrible attempt at my home course "Tulfarris GC Mark 1".

Add me as a PSN friend: "HeebusJeebus".
    I've been playing it a lot this weekend. Finally got my average score back to evens.
    It's a great game but requires finess when it comes to chipping & putting.
    I've also added a terrible attempt at my home course "Tulfarris GC Mark 1".

Added, I wont be playing till next weekend now though... Will only be on for the weekends for a while I think...

• Advertisement

Added, I wont be playing till next weekend now though... Will only be on for the weekends for a while I think...

Cool. You should be able to play against my ghost on any course I've played.
    You'll get through 18 holes fairly fast as there are no loading screens between holes.

Cool. You should be able to play against my ghost on any course I've played.
    You'll get through 18 holes fairly fast as there are no loading screens between holes.

Will try and beat you next weekend then so :p

• Registered Users Posts: 8,720 ✭✭✭micks_address

Hi guys after a ps4 for Christmas with two controllers fifa and Disney infinity.. What's my best option price wise?
    Cheers
    Mick

Hi guys after a ps4 for Christmas with two controllers fifa and Disney infinity.. What's my best option price wise?
    Cheers
    Mick

Gamestop and Smyths have a deal I think it's still running... PS4 with FIFA and Minecraft for 400euro then you would need to buy the game and controller seperate... There is a deal also with Call of Duty for 380euro in argos then maybe trade in Call of Duty but since you are after FIFA maybe the first option is the best... Smyths have Disney Infinity Pack for 75euro while gamestop charge 80euro but this may be cheaper to get online... Maybe try amazon or asda?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,174 ✭✭✭ItsHoggie

How do you pay for a Pre-Order? My brother has €70 on his account waiting to pay for GTA but can't seem to find where to pay for it?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,429 ✭✭✭Kenjataimu

Apologies if this is common knowledge but I found this vid, You can connect your tv remote to your ps4 (if you have hdmi-cec on your tv)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭wilser

Won't have a ps4 up and running until Xmas .
    Can I buy some of the games that are on sale in the store now thru my PC and just download them on the ps4 in a few weeks?
    I think the sale ends in a couple of days.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,390 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

wilser wrote: »
    Won't have a ps4 up and running until Xmas .
    Can I buy some of the games that are on sale in the store now thru my PC and just download them on the ps4 in a few weeks?
    I think the sale ends in a couple of days.

Yes.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,764 ✭✭✭mickstupp

Ooooooooooh Dragon Age Inquisition has been added to downloads. I like this pre-loading business :D

• Registered Users Posts: 579 ✭✭✭keyboard_cat

Cant seem to download my preorder :( i ordered it through the computer psn store and the payment has been taken but when i go onto the psn store on my ps4 i still get the option to preorder the game

Wrong thread please ignore :/

Cant seem to download my preorder :( i ordered it through the computer psn store and the payment has been taken but when i go onto the psn store on my ps4 i still get the option to preorder the game

Look for it in your Library.

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭hangar18_

Please do not tell me the PSN is down again

hangar18_ wrote: »

Its back up again

• Registered Users Posts: 9,766 ✭✭✭lertsnim

Can't say I noticed any downtime.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,993 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

Bought assassin's creed freedom cry in sale, game freezing a lot either during game play or cinematic

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

Its back up again
    lertsnim wrote: »
    Can't say I noticed any downtime.

FYI there is scheduled maintenance set to take place today.
    Sony has announced that the PlayStation Network will undergo scheduled maintenance on Monday, November 17.

During that time, Sony will "deploy a series of back-end improvements to the network." Expect the downtime to last approximately six hours, from the hours of:

9 a.m. to 3 p.m. PT
    12 p.m. to 6 p.m. ET
    5 p.m. to 11 p.m. GMT
    4 a.m. to 10 a.m. AET (on Nov. 18)

Sony added that if you've signed into the PSN any time since Nov. 13, you'll still be able to play games and access apps like Netflix. However, you will not be able to access the PlayStation Store, PlayStation Home, or the Account Management program.

EDIT: I realise this was not what you were talking about but you reminded me.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Fuzzy_Dunlop

Otacon wrote: »
    FYI there is scheduled maintenance set to take place today.

EDIT: I realise this was not what you were talking about but you reminded me.

My god they really do put it at the absolute worst time for people in Europe.

[edit] Surely about 3 hours earlier would be better for everyone?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,766 ✭✭✭lertsnim

Somebody mentioned that the downtime for maintainence should be given back in additional PS+ time. The amount of times this crap happens in the evening for Eurtells me that compensation in the form of hours is a great idea.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,838 ✭✭✭s8n

Proco Jr. wrote: »
    Apologies if this is common knowledge but I found this vid, You can connect your tv remote to your ps4 (if you have hdmi-cec on your tv)

Great tip - Wasnt aware of it.

Thanks a mill, makes netflix viewing much easier

• Registered Users Posts: 4,241 ✭✭✭god's toy

Proco Jr. wrote: »

Cool! Didnt know the ps4 could do that. Was going to buy a dedicated remote. Will be testing with my Sammy tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭iHateManCity

Is the time on anyone's ps4 about 5 or 6 minutes fast?
    mine seems to be

mine seems to be
    No all fine on mine

• Registered Users Posts: 2,174 ✭✭✭ItsHoggie

mine seems to be

Yeah mine used to be before until I noticed it lol

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,363 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

You know when you get a trophy and the and you press the PS button is it dispose to bring out of the game and to the trophy menu?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

You know when you get a trophy and the and you press the PS button is it dispose to bring out of the game and to the trophy menu?

Yes, otherwise how else are you ment to see it and the description of it. The Xbox One has the same feature and works the exact same way.

If you don't want to see it don't press the button and look it up after you finish playing the game.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement