Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS4 Megathread 2.0

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,317 ✭✭✭CombatCow

Okay. Ps4 and it's ****y Internet connection is really start to piss me off.

It is connected directly with home plugs and it's still has this stupid 200kb/s speed. While my phone gets 40mbit wireless from same god Damn home plug.
    The stupid thing is, that it's random each day. One say I get normal 30mbit speeds on ps4 and the next day it's 200kb again. Holy **** how badly I want to kick ps4 in a face!

Sometimes mine is like that, maybe once every two weeks, not sure if its my router or the PS4, I just go to network settings, un-tick "connect to internet" tick it again then do a connection test and I get full whack again.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,573 ✭✭✭DeSelby83

Last night I was playing GTA online and set up a party to chat to a friend, when it started it said I could not use chat because of my NAT type. My NAT type is 2 which never seemed to be a problem before. Is this this a GTA thing or has something changed with parties?

• Registered Users Posts: 784 ✭✭✭Klair88

DeSelby83 wrote: »
    Last night I was playing GTA online and set up a party to chat to a friend, when it started it said I could not use chat because of my NAT type. My NAT type is 2 which never seemed to be a problem before. Is this this a GTA thing or has something changed with parties?

That Crap always happens with me and my usual guys i chat with. Quit chat and re-join usually fixes it. If not, reset router.

Klair88 wrote: »
    That Crap always happens with me and my usual guys i chat with. Quit chat and re-join usually fixes it. If not, reset router.

Ye i tried restarting another party but same thing, I'll reset router later and try again. Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 853 ✭✭✭EDDIE WATERS

Does anybody have COD advanced warfare and has unlocked Riot just help getting the trophy for doing the bonus wave

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,029 ✭✭✭um7y1h83ge06nx

Finished Metro 2033 last night, great game.

Onto Last Light next and I'll be saving Far Cry 4 and Dragon Age as my Christmas games.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,174 ✭✭✭ItsHoggie

Not yet, wrote a long strongly worded email about how dissatisfied I am. At this rate Id rather just get a refund and buy it in the shop. It's shocking how bad they're support service is.

Let me know if you get it sorted, my brothers in the same boat as you it's head wrecking.
    Cheers

ItsHoggie wrote: »
    Let me know if you get it sorted, my brothers in the same boat as you it's head wrecking.
    Cheers

He just text me there saying he finally got through to them after being on hold for about an hour, said he's been put on a list and it coul be a few days before it's sorted ffs

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

CombatCow wrote: »
    Sometimes mine is like that, maybe once every two weeks, not sure if its my router or the PS4, I just go to network settings, un-tick "connect to internet" tick it again then do a connection test and I get full whack again.

So yeah, last night speed was dreadful. I did a test 2 seconds ago and its back to 35mbit... I bet tonight for some dumb reason it will go down to snails speed for some stupid reason...

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

So yeah, last night speed was dreadful. I did a test 2 seconds ago and its back to 35mbit... I bet tonight for some dumb reason it will go down to snails speed for some stupid reason...

Contention on the PSN server side. Supply and demand and all that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,748 ✭✭✭rolexeagle1

Anyone got tips for changing NAT Type over UPC?

srumball wrote: »

Type 192. 168. 1. 1 into your web browser and you will access your router settings, in there you will find the NAT setting among other settings.

Type the IP address in without spaces as I had to put them in to post it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭Grahamer666

srumball wrote: »

What NAT is it? I'm with UPC and it's always been NAT2.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,952 ✭✭✭JamboMac

The reason is everybody in secondary school gets home and plays for the night. Gonna have no athletes in a few years.

JamboMac wrote: »
    The reason is everybody in secondary school gets home and plays for the night. Gonna have no athletes in a few years.

So what, in the end it is not rooter or Sony hardware issue, but the damn PSN? I cant even watch netflix. :mad:

I am buying HTPC or A laptop ffs. The only thing that PS4 is being used lately is Netflix, but it cant even do that right... :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 727 ✭✭✭Muirshin Durkin

Bit of a waste of a PS4 if all you do is watch netflix on it

• Registered Users Posts: 3,952 ✭✭✭JamboMac

So what, in the end it is not rooter or Sony hardware issue, but the damn PSN? I cant even watch netflix. :mad:

I am buying HTPC or A laptop ffs. The only thing that PS4 is being used lately is Netflix, but it cant even do that right... :rolleyes:

Your Netflix goes straight to Netflix nothing to do with the PSN.

JamboMac wrote: »
    Your Netflix goes straight to Netflix nothing to do with the PSN.

Well, then I have no clue whats wrong with my PS4. I think it just has "periods" and a lot more often then once a month... I bet I will go to bedroom now and speeds will be again of 200kb/s...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 698 ✭✭✭sin0city

With Inquisition out I'm looking at getting a PS4, probably January sometime.
    Have they patched in music and video support, mp3, mp4 etc. yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

You can play MP3s from an external USB. No videos yet.

• Advertisement

sin0city wrote: »
    With Inquisition out I'm looking at getting a PS4, probably January sometime.
    Have they patched in music and video support, mp3, mp4 etc. yet?

There's a few websites you stream movies off

• Registered Users Posts: 11,747 ✭✭✭✭wes

Finally got around to replacing the PS4 hard drive. Now have a 2TB drive in there :D. Very easy to do, the only difficult part was being careful opening up the external HD case, so as not to break it. Managed it easy enough, and have a 500gb external drive as well.

Bit of a pain that there is no back up option, have to download all my games again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 698 ✭✭✭sin0city

ItsHoggie wrote: »
    There's a few websites you stream movies off

Like plex?
    Is that like the PS3 media server but works through the browser?

Would really prefer you could just copy stuff to the PS4 like you can the PS3, and it'd be nice if they added .mkv support while they're at it.
    Not enough space under the TV for both consoles.
    No word on when they'll add video support?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

sin0city wrote: »
    No word on when they'll add video support?

Nothing and don't hold your breath. It's in Sony's interest not to offer the functionality as they are a content provider and offer a paid service for tv/video.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

Nothing and don't hold your breath. It's in Sony's interest not to offer the functionality as they are a content provider and offer a paid service for tv/video.

Exactly this. With Sony launching the Playstation Vue service, i'm sure the video playback functionality was a tactical withdrawal all along

• Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭Uriel.

wes wrote: »
    Finally got around to replacing the PS4 hard drive. Now have a 2TB drive in there :D. Very easy to do, the only difficult part was being careful opening up the external HD case, so as not to break it. Managed it easy enough, and have a 500gb external drive as well.

Bit of a pain that there is no back up option, have to download all my games again.
    did the same myself last night (1TB hybrid). Bit of a pain downloading all the content again, but last night had very good connection speeds and got through the downloading pretty quickly.

A really simple job replacing the drive though.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,747 ✭✭✭✭wes

Uriel. wrote: »
    did the same myself last night (1TB hybrid).

Was thinking of a hybrid myself, but decided to go for more space in the end.
    Bit of a pain downloading all the content again, but last night had very good connection speeds and got through the downloading pretty quickly.

Most of my stuff was done this morning. Leaving in rest mode for the day to finish it off.

Yeah, real good job from Sony on that, took all of 5 minutes.

did the same myself last night (1TB hybrid). Bit of a pain downloading all the content again, but last night had very good connection speeds and got through the downloading pretty quickly.

What drives did ye guys use. Might look into doing this sometime in the near future. Whats the difference between a hybrid and one that isnt?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,276 ✭✭✭readyletsgo

What drives did ye guys use. Might look into doing this sometime in the near future. Whats the difference between a hybrid and one that isnt?

Thinking of doing this myself too, like could I put in a 2tb drive? What's the cost for one? Is it easy to do?

• Advertisement

Hybrid drives are faster than standard drives. SSD drives are faster again but the PS4 does not take full advantage of them. Even if you got a 7200rpm standard drive it is faster than the 5400 drive in the PS4. Faster drives improve loading and installation times.

My PS4 starts up faster with the hybrid drive installed.

This is what I have in my PS4 now.
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00BHRWHNI?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o09_s00

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement