Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS4 Megathread 2.0

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭MarkY91

Is GTA worth getting then?

i played my brothers copy yesterday and i turned it off after 25 mins out of pure boredome and had fun on far cry 4 instead.

i completed gta on the ps3 and played another half way through but even then, i have had the opinion that if it wasnt called gta it wouldnt have the success it had. the usual lighting effects in remastered games is all thats new in terms of graphics

• Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

Hi Guys,

Currently have a PS3 but am looking to upgrade. Came across an ad for a PS4 with 5 games (Assassins Creed, Watchdogs and 3 others) for 300. Now the PS4 is out of warranty in December.
    Just wondering on peoples thoughts as to whether its a good deal?

If it comes with proof of purchase then it might be worthwhile. Remember that consumer law in Ireland denotes up to 6 years of reasonable use of an item and the small claims court is only €25.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,573 ✭✭✭DeSelby83

For the last 2 days when i turn on my ps4, not from rest mode, it just has a black screen. I tried to hold down power for 10secs but the button isnt recognised, I've pressed it and held it and pressed all around it in case i was missing it and nothing. I had to unplug it and then when i press power button after i have plugged it back in it starts straight away. Has this happened anyone else?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

DeSelby83 wrote: »
    For the last 2 days when i turn on my ps4, not from rest mode, it just has a black screen. I tried to hold down power for 10secs but the button isnt recognised, I've pressed it and held it and pressed all around it in case i was missing it and nothing. I had to unplug it and then when i press power button after i have plugged it back in it starts straight away. Has this happened anyone else?

Yes. Had no issues when FW 2.0 came down. A lot of people did. Then when they released vers 2.01 & vers 2.02, I started having the exact same problem as yourself.

So, i've just abandoned Rest mode entirely. I just full power down now. Not ideal, but its what I have to do now

gerrybbadd wrote: »
    Yes. Had no issues when FW 2.0 came down. A lot of people did. Then when they released vers 2.01 & vers 2.02, I started having the exact same problem as yourself.

So, i've just abandoned Rest mode entirely. I just full power down now. Not ideal, but its what I have to do now

This is happening me from a full shut down, not going into rest mode which is the worrying part

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

This is happening me from a full shut down, not going into rest mode which is the worrying part

Sorry, i misread your original post. That is worrying. Is your PS4 still in warranty?

gerrybbadd wrote: »
    Sorry, i misread your original post. That is worrying. Is your PS4 still in warranty?

Not 100%, it was bought from amazon around this time last year

• Registered Users Posts: 5,534 ✭✭✭WarZoneBrother

Not 100%, it was bought from amazon around this time last year

It should be under warranty if bought on amazon.co.uk as PS4 was only released on the 29th November so you should be covered until then...

Has anyone picked up Little Big Planet 3?... If so whats it like really leaning towards picking it up now on the US store for 43euro I don't suppose the online will affect me or will I be connected to the EU servers?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,536 ✭✭✭✭Varik

More new stuff for Planetside 2, the game runs and for the last few months they've been only doing UI and the odd bug.
    6th at the Sony event in Las Vegas they'll announce the release/beta.

Game seems to use PC station cash, so some chance for linked accounts but who knows.

Just got The Last of Us Remastered for 18euro here:

https://www.g2a.com/the-last-of-us-remastered-ps4-cd-key-us.html

Need a US account to activate the code then maybe need to activate that account with your primary PS4 to play on other accounts... Seems like a bargain to me, was wiery about purchasing from there but got the code within 5 minutes... Got a 3euro discount at the end for some reason it was supposed to cost 21euro but only charged 18euro or so...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

Must be a miss price, They are selling COD: Ghosts and Fifa 14 for $86 each :D

Great find btw!

QUOTE]

Must be a miss price, They are selling COD: Ghosts and Fifa 14 for $86 :D

Great find btw!

The Last of Us was like the only one I could find on the site is there more PS4 games there?...

Amazon have The Last of Us for 26$ but it has to be posted so this works out better as you dont have to wait to recieve the code..

EDIT: Ohh I see those 2 prices now yeah thats a rip off :P

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

You mean Advanced Warfare? Either way that sounds like a bad deal :P ... The Last of Us was like the only one I could find on the site is there more PS4 games there?...

Amazon have The Last of Us for 26$ but it has to be posted so this works out better as you dont have to wait to recieve the code..

Make sure you download the single player part of the game first, otherwise you will have to wait for the whole 44.5 gigs to download before you can play.

Xenji wrote: »

Make sure you download the single player part of the game first, otherwise you will have to wait for the whole 44.5 gigs to download before you can play.

Yep done that :P Any idea how big the single player part is?... This will probably take me forever might leave PS4 in bros tomorrow to download it as his internet is about 4 times faster

EDIT: Quotes seem to be broken somehow :/

• Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

possibly same as this fella? I 've used him and code was practically instant

It really is ridiculous with how bad the download speeds are for the PS4... I can't get nowhere near my max speed unless I keep messing about and shutting off PS4 or rebooting... It was perfect and alot faster to download on PS3...

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,401 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

It really is ridiculous with how bad the download speeds are for the PS4... I can't get nowhere near my max speed unless I keep messing about and shutting off PS4 or rebooting... It was perfect and alot faster to download on PS3...

honestly, my ps4 dl speed isn't any better/worse than my x1

Just noticed 2 games added to my American Account I don't know how or why they where added maybe it was because I activated The Last of Us... Both games are supposedly demo's for How to Survive and Far Cry 4 however both games seem to be full game size.. My download for Far Cry 4 is like 24GB and How to Survive like 4GB would these be the full games or why would you have to download the full game to play the demo?...

Would love if they where the full game but highly doubth it :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,280 ✭✭✭Glico Man

cloud493 wrote: »
    Is it actually any cheaper buying games in US? I'll be in NY next week, and the price difference doesn't look that significant.

Shopping in New York, beware that the sticker price of a game on the shelf isn't the price you will pay. At the register, you will be greeted by the 'wonderful' sales tax that increases the costs.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,746 ✭✭✭irishmover

Just noticed 2 games added to my American Account I don't know how or why they where added maybe it was because I activated The Last of Us... Both games are supposedly demo's for How to Survive and Far Cry 4 however both games seem to be full game size.. My download for Far Cry 4 is like 24GB and How to Survive like 4GB would these be the full games or why would you have to download the full game to play the demo?...

Would love if they where the full game but highly doubth it :pac:

Just an FYI there was a bunch of PSN account information stolen so with that happening I suggest changing your password if stuff was downloading without you remembering doing so.

Still not sure if the hack was a fake or not hut best to to safe.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,764 ✭✭✭mickstupp

I've found it to be the complete opposite. PS3 was, and still is, so bad it put me off using it. PS4 is a much faster and smoother experience where I am.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,830 ✭✭✭✭Taltos

I'm the same, the PS4 for me at least is a beast in downloading compared to the PS3, and just being able to continue to play while a system/game update runs in the background is a huge advantage.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,638 ✭✭✭deafroadrunner

same as. I brought the digital version of gta and cod for the ps4. didn't even take two hours to finish each time.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

irishmover wrote: »
    Just an FYI there was a bunch of PSN account information stolen so with that happening I suggest changing your password if stuff was downloading without you remembering doing so.

When was this?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,536 ✭✭✭✭Varik

irishmover wrote: »

Proven fake already, the emails and accounts the supposed hackers released were all a combination of other hacks from other sources and none seems to be even be linked to any PSN accounts. Some were MS live accounts but likely again from another older list.

No harm in changing and people should use multiple passwords in any case even if they just have some pattern of shift/alter some part of each password to make it easier for them.

I think they are just demos apparently Far Cry 4 demo is the full game with 2 hours of online co-op play to try the game out... Hopefully if I decide to buy this means I don't need to redownload...

The only way I can get good speeds downloading on PS4 is when in safe mode which is annoying because I can't do anything when it's in safe mode... Now I just gotta wait for the downloads to finish

It appears as if the Far Cry 4 24GB download and How to Survive 4GB download finished in like 6 hours... The download sizes must have changed over night or something because even my top speed possible I could not get that much downloaded... The Last of Us 10GB file still has 3 hours left :(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,317 ✭✭✭CombatCow

I think they are just demos apparently Far Cry 4 demo is the full game with 2 hours of online co-op play to try the game out... Hopefully if I decide to buy this means I don't need to redownload...

The only way I can get good speeds downloading on PS4 is when in safe mode which is annoying because I can't do anything when it's in safe mode... Now I just gotta wait for the downloads to finish

It appears as if the Far Cry 4 24GB download and How to Survive 4GB download finished in like 6 hours... The download sizes must have changed over night or something because even my top speed possible I could not get that much downloaded... The Last of Us 10GB file still has 3 hours left :(

What speed internet connection do you have and what speeds are you getting when you do the connection test from the ps4's network settings menu?

CombatCow wrote: »
    What speed internet connection do you have and what speeds are you getting when you do the connection test from the ps4's network settings menu?

Think it 5-8mb get about 600-700kb highest speed on Steam no issues... PSN some files could be like 200mb and the timer would be set for 1 hour from now... Barely would get 100kb/s... Haven't done the connection test yet must check that out though...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,174 ✭✭✭ItsHoggie

Is their any media remote's for the PS4 that's similar to the X360's one?

(Similar as in does the same stuff not looks etc.)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,429 ✭✭✭Kenjataimu

ItsHoggie wrote: »
    Is their any media remote's for the PS4 that's similar to the X360's one?

(Similar as in does the same stuff not looks etc.)

You can use your tv's remote if your tv has hdmi-cec

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement