Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS4 Megathread 2.0

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,774 ✭✭✭cadete

ItsHoggie wrote: »
    Is their any media remote's for the PS4 that's similar to the X360's one?

(Similar as in does the same stuff not looks etc.)
    Try anymote app I think it can be used for ps4

• Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

cadete wrote: »
    Try anymote app I think it can be used for ps4

Can't find that app on appstore

• Registered Users Posts: 1,774 ✭✭✭cadete

Can't find that app on appstore

i have it on android so not sure

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,518 Mod ✭✭✭✭5uspect

Proco Jr. wrote: »
    You can use your tv's remote if your tv has hdmi-cec

I have this working with my LG TV. It was a bit unintutative to setup however.
    Very handy for Netflix and DVDs.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,068 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

I'm embarrassed to say I'm only realising this now, but I can't believe there is no video playback support.

wtf is up with that?!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

I'm embarrassed to say I'm only realising this now, but I can't believe there is no video playback support.

wtf is up with that?!

Sony didn't put the feature in. Say they will add it in later and it's not a priority part of the console. Sure music playback support was only added last month.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭MitchKoobski

Seems like they're still trying to avoid the whole thing were we kept using it as a place for us to watch our torrented tv shows and films.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

Sooo amazon sent me gta and far cry on monday in the same package i think. Only far cry arrived today :(.

If it aint here tomorrow they will be getting a nice email

• Registered Users Posts: 11,747 ✭✭✭✭wes

Seems like they're still trying to avoid the whole thing were we kept using it as a place for us to watch our torrented tv shows and films.

I doubt it, as you can do that off this years Sony TVs and Bluray players, if you are so inclined.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,401 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

Rossi IRL wrote: »
    Sooo amazon sent me gta and far cry on monday in the same package i think. Only far cry arrived today :(.

The email they sent you will have had all the relevant delivery info, so no need to be unsure, just re-read it and get in touch now if they did make a mistake - amazon have the best customer service, putting all others to shame.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,534 ✭✭✭WarZoneBrother

So annoyed with the lack of support for brand name HDTV's and budget TV's... Can't get it working on TV in college sometimes it works sometimes it doesn't... Why on earth would they not make it to support all HDTV's..

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

So annoyed with the lack of support for brand name HDTV's and budget TV's... Can't get it working on TV in college sometimes it works sometimes it doesn't... Why on earth would they not make it to support all HDTV's..

I am sure that if a TV has an HDMI slot that the PS4 or any console for that matter should work on the TV, unless they do not have HDCP which would be rare.

Xenji wrote: »
    I am sure that if a TV has an HDMI slot that the PS4 or any console for that matter should work on the TV, unless they do not have HDCP which would be rare.

It doesn't work with all TVs apparently I read something about it yesterday it had something to do with HDCP but I don't know what that is.,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭TrustedApple

There 2 weeks ago my halo MCC never showed up after a week of waiting so I got onto the phone with them and they sent me out another copy and if the other one shows I can kept it as well. So today the other copy shows and I now had 2 copes of halo MCC so went to cex and traded one in for €38. Have to say amazon when you have a problem there fantasic.

There 2 weeks ago my halo MCC never showed up after a week of waiting so I got onto the phone with them and they sent me out another copy and if the other one shows I can kept it as well. So today the other copy shows and I now had 2 copes of halo MCC so went to cex and traded one in for €38. Have to say amazon when you have a problem there fantasic.

Have to try that cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 1,528 ✭✭✭Lucious Sweet

Have to try that cheers

Try what?

Try what?

Get in contact with them and see if i get another copy

Get in contact with them and see if i get another copy

If you get 2 copies can I have one :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,764 ✭✭✭mickstupp

For something with USB3 ports, it copies videos to USB3 devices real slow.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,029 ✭✭✭um7y1h83ge06nx

My Dragon Age Inquisition copy was sent by Amazon on Friday and arrived today! Still waiting for Far Cry 4 which was sent last Tuesday. In fairness I'm keeping both until I get my Christmas holidays. :-)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,766 ✭✭✭lertsnim

mickstupp wrote: »
    For something with USB3 ports, it copies videos to USB3 devices real slow.

But it charges my phone really quickly

• Registered Users Posts: 15,269 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

I'd say they lose at least €1m per year over things like this. In your case it was a legitimate complaint, but Amazon's terrific customer service is taken advantage of by fraudsters on a daily basis.

The only time I've ever had a problem with them was when the rubber on my analog stick started to come off. They offered me a $60 credit on my account right away.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,668 ✭✭✭String

Got Shadow of Mordor today on amazon black friday deals for €30. Looking forward to playing it over xmas!

String wrote: »
    Got Shadow of Mordor today on amazon black friday deals for €30. Looking forward to playing it over xmas!

Nice I got it for PC class game.. Any word on other Black Friday deals wanting to pick up FIFA cheap saw some American site selling for 30dollars but sold out.. Will the PS Store have Black Friday deals? Have 43dollars on my account was going to buy Far Cry 4 but might hold off and see is there any sales on Friday..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,668 ✭✭✭String

Nice I got it for PC class game.. Any word on other Black Friday deals wanting to pick up FIFA cheap saw some American site selling for 30dollars but sold out.. Will the PS Store have Black Friday deals? Have 43dollars on my account was going to buy Far Cry 4 but might hold off and see is there any sales on Friday..

Watch Dogs is on at 7:30pm, and it will probably going for cheap. They add stuff all the time so I just check every few hours and sort by Games option. Monday coming is cyber monday but I don't know if PS store does any deals for that.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,133 ✭✭✭GottaGetGatt

If no one has played The last of Us remastered yet. it's $25 on gamedealdaily.com, digital download.
    Bought Unity and Black flag off them last week for €40. Code sent straight away. You can pay through PayPal.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,401 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

If no one has played The last of Us remastered yet. it's $25 on gamedealdaily.com, digital download.
    Bought Unity and Black flag off them last week for €40. Code sent straight away. You can pay through PayPal.

you'd need a US PS account for that right?

you'd need a US PS account for that right?

Mod Edit: No gamesharing discussion allowed. As per charter.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Capcom teases new PS4 game.
    “PlayStation 4 development has been ongoing, but the more I use the system the more it seems there is to uncover,” Takeuchi said. “SCE has made a really incredible system for us.”

Asked if Capcom has other PlayStation 4 titles coming out, outside of what’s already been announced, Takeuchi replied: “Of course. Right now, we’re seeing how far we can push the game engine. You’ll be surprised by the quality of the games we’re working on right now.

“I think we’ll be able to announce it soon, so please look forward to it. I realize that’s obnoxious (laughs).

“It’s gonna be something that will even turn heads overseas.”

Would love to see Dragons Dogma 2 or a new Onimusha game or even Dino Crisis 3.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,278 ✭✭✭Dr. Mantis Toboggan

Top class, that works out as around 20 euro for me.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement