Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS4 Megathread 2.0

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,363 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Xenji wrote: »
    Capcom teases new PS4 game.

Would love to see Dragons Dogma 2 or a new Onimusha game or even Dino Crisis 3.

Dragons dogma 2 yes please!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,574 ✭✭✭EoinHef

Just picked up GTA,downloading update of 1.14GB,eta of 2 hours on a 100MB line.

Its downloading at about 500kb/s,thats a joke for a paid service. Good job Sony

• Registered Users Posts: 12,536 ✭✭✭✭Varik

EoinHef wrote: »
    Just picked up GTA,downloading update of 1.14GB,eta of 2 hours on a 100MB line.

Its downloading at about 500kb/s,thats a joke for a paid service. Good job Sony

it's only recently that downloads have been consistently bad, it used to just be around the plus update and never for weeks at a time.

Messaging has been bad for a good while, but even then downloads were still quick off peak.

Varik wrote: »
    it's only recently that downloads have been consistently bad, it used to just be around the plus update and never for weeks at a time.

Messaging has been bad for a good while, but even then downloads were still quick off peak.

Didnt realise its had gotten so bad. I find it very inconsistent. Reset the console there and its gone up to about 1.5mb/s so thats helped. 25 minutes or so left. I work nights so have definitely noticed it being quicker off peak,but as you said that has started to dip now as well.
    Guess to a degree Sony are the victims of there own success,they probably didnt think they would sell so many consoles so quickly and the infastructure is suffering because of it.

Is there a way to tell if the game is still being installed on the console from the disk other than waiting for the optical drive to stop spinning? Progress meter or anything?

I read somewhere you should let it totally install before applying the update

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

GTA took the most of the day to install. That's so weird.

• Advertisement

Installed and update applied no issues so far,only just starting the prologue now.

Really looking forward to GTA,also got the pre order bonus even though i only bought it today so happy with that:)

• Registered Users Posts: 15,269 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

• Registered Users Posts: 9,766 ✭✭✭lertsnim

Oat23 wrote: »

Isn't that on PS+ in January?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,269 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

lertsnim wrote: »
    Isn't that on PS+ in January?

Standalone DLC Infamous: First Light is the PS+ game for January.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,766 ✭✭✭lertsnim

Oat23 wrote: »
    Standalone DLC Infamous: First Light is the PS+ game for January.

Excellent. I thought it was the main game, Which I paid for already.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,534 ✭✭✭WarZoneBrother

Anyone know what I need to package my controller for sending away? I got them to send out a shipping label but now I can't access the instructions in which they provided in the first link for some reason so have no idea how it is supposed to be packed...

• Registered Users Posts: 29,836 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

I wrapped the joypad up in bubblewrap, put it in a shoebox and taped the balls off it. Was fine for the courier.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

lertsnim wrote: »
    Excellent. I thought it was the main game, Which I paid for already.

Second Light is nowhere near as much fund as Second Son. I played Second Light first and was almost disappointed to the point where I was going to leave Second Son alone, but I'm glad I didn't.

UFC is reduced to 19.99 on the US store (more if you have a US Plus sub) - seems like a good price and I may pick it up if there's no decent deals today/tomorrow announced.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,817 ✭✭✭phill106

anyone else get a forced password change this evening? Even made me change it via my pc, instead of on ps4.

• Registered Users Posts: 784 ✭✭✭Klair88

Lads, I Think it might be a store glitch... but Trials Fusion is showing up for free on PS4. Can anyone else confirm? So I know I didn't accidentally buy it.

• Registered Users Posts: 313 ✭✭TinCanMan

Klair88 wrote: »
    Lads, I Think it might be a store glitch... but Trials Fusion is showing up for free on PS4. Can anyone else confirm? So I know I didn't accidentally buy it.

Looks the same for me. If you purchase it now for free, can you be charged when they fix the glitch?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,918 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

TinCanMan wrote: »
    Looks the same for me. If you purchase it now for free, can you be charged when they fix the glitch?

This has happened in the past a few times and IIRC those people weren't charged! I've never managed to get thm at that time but I am prepared to buy if it comes down to it, I wont mind but so far it's downloading the full game

Yeah it must be a Glitch if it goes on Sale later on.. It's all over Twitter now so a lot of people are chancing it I'd say

• Registered Users Posts: 14,845 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Klair88 wrote: »
    Yeah it must be a Glitch if it goes on Sale later on.. It's all over Twitter now so a lot of people are chancing it I'd say

It's the trial version

• Advertisement

ShaneU wrote: »
    It's the trial version

Seen that in my email I just got

• Registered Users Posts: 12,536 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Showing up as not eligible for me when I tried to add it.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

Guys, where's the best value place online to get a new hard drive to upgrade the PS with?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,317 ✭✭✭CombatCow

amazon.co.uk

• Registered Users Posts: 313 ✭✭TinCanMan

gerrybbadd wrote: »
    Guys, where's the best value place online to get a new hard drive to upgrade the PS with?

I went with Samsung M9T 2TB 2.5 INCH 9.5mm SATA 6Gps Internal Hard Drive on Amazon. I can't put the URL in but it's on the site.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,774 ✭✭✭cadete

TinCanMan wrote: »
    I went with Samsung M9T 2TB 2.5 INCH 9.5mm SATA 6Gps Internal Hard Drive on Amazon. I can't put the URL in but it's on the site.

same drive is available in argos its the seagate one

cadete wrote: »
    same drive is available in argos its the seagate one

Those seem to be external hard drives?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,447 ✭✭✭Ivefoundgod

gerrybbadd wrote: »
    Those seem to be external hard drives?

You can take the hard drive out of the casing and put it in. Guide here: http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-2014-how-to-cheaply-upgrade-your-ps4-to-2tb

You can take the hard drive out of the casing and put it in. Guide here: http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-2014-how-to-cheaply-upgrade-your-ps4-to-2tb

Oh class!!!! I've a couple of One 4 All vouchers that are gonna get used up so!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,668 ✭✭✭String

PES and Evil Within on amazon uk black Friday deals today if anyone is interested in them.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement