Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS4 Megathread 2.0

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,775 ✭✭✭lertsnim

Cracking game. 728MB update for it today though when I started it up :(

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Gotta feel sorry for the poor fecker who posted this ad.

http://www.adverts.ie/playstation/playstation-4/4537632#comments
    ps4 got for christmas but was let fall by the missus so not workin 100% but is turning on could only be something minor 300e ono

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

• Registered Users Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭TheGoldenAges

Today at CES, Sony revealed PlayStation Now, an all-new games streaming service that will allow PlayStation games to be played across various PlayStation hardware and directly on other non-gaming platforms.

The idea is simple: you will no longer need to keep a PSone, PlayStation 2, or PlayStation 3 around to experience games from those consoles. PlayStation Now will allow streaming of classics from those systems to not only PlayStation 4 and PlayStation Vita, but to televisions, tablets, and smartphones.

Gamechanger.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭SouthTippBass

Holy ****, this changes everything.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭SouthTippBass

Hopefully this will be covered by PlayStation plus and wont require further subscription.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,774 ✭✭✭cadete

Is there not a huge question mark over this service in europe?

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭I Saw Silence

Hopefully this will be covered by PlayStation plus and wont require further subscription.
    It represents a new subscription model for users, and will kick off with a limited beta on PS3 starting later in January, with a wider US release slated for this summer. Games can be rented by the titles or via subscription...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 944 ✭✭✭jenjenten

lertsnim wrote: »
    Cracking game. 728MB update for it today though when I started it up :(

which game?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,831 ✭✭✭dloob

cadete wrote: »
    Is there not a huge question mark over this service in europe?

That's what I'd be worried about.
    It took playstation mobile ages to launch here and we still don't have movies unlimited.
    I suppose this may be easier from a licensing point of view since its just a variation on the ps3 psn store.
    I tried gaikai before Sony bought it and some games were almost unplayable due to mouse lag, pointer kept overshooting everything, be interesting to see if it works better now.

• Advertisement

doubt it....deffo a separate sub.

dloob wrote: »
    That's what I'd be worried about.
    It took playstation mobile ages to launch here and we still don't have movies unlimited.
    I suppose this may be easier from a licensing point of view since its just a variation on the ps3 psn store.
    I tried gaikai before Sony bought it and some games were almost unplayable due to mouse lag, pointer kept overshooting everything, be interesting to see if it works better now.

the uk will get it...but as usual ireland will get nothing, because there isint enough profit or install base in ireland....as said we still dont have video unlimited and i very much doubt the ps4 will change that :(

We might see a cheaper combo sub, or a triple play sub at reduced price....like music unlimited/ps+/PS now in a combo sub bundle.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,426 ✭✭✭Roar

Is there anyway of disabling the "who is using this controller" notification when you turn the dualshock back on after it auto shuts off when you're watching a movie on Netflix?? There's only one user set up on the machine and it's really annoying.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,775 ✭✭✭lertsnim

jenjenten wrote: »
    which game?

AC4

• Registered Users Posts: 33,827 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Any way to edit videos you've taken? Most of mine are of goals in Fifa or touchdowns in Madden, but they're about 10 minutes long each. Do you have to upload them to Facebook first, then edit them somewhere? Uploading them to Facebook as they are would be a balls due to the filesize.

• Registered Users Posts: 783 ✭✭✭Saucy McKetchup

Any way to edit videos you've taken? Most of mine are of goals in Fifa or touchdowns in Madden, but they're about 10 minutes long each. Do you have to upload them to Facebook first, then edit them somewhere? Uploading them to Facebook as they are would be a balls due to the filesize.

When you press the share button and click in the video it gives you the option to edit

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Have not turned the PS4 on at all over Christmas, but with Don't Starve coming out today free with PS+, I reckon it is time do dust it off and download it when I get home.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,602 ✭✭✭jaffusmax

Xenji wrote: »
    Have not turned the PS4 on at all over Christmas, but with Don't Starve coming out today free with PS+, I reckon it is time do dust it off and download it when I get home.

What games are u most looking foward to? I can't stay off BF4 and with Dark Souls 2 coming up ill be juggling my time a lot.

jaffusmax wrote: »
    What games are u most looking foward to? I can't stay off BF4 and with Dark Souls 2 coming up ill be juggling my time a lot.

For the PS4 I would say, The Order: 1886, Watch Dogs, The Evil Within, The Elder Scrolls Online, Dragon Age: Inquisition, Child of Light and Sleeping Dogs: Triad Wars.

I also will have to get through Tales of Symphonia Chronicles, Dark Souls II, The Witch and the Hundred Knights on the PS3 in March, Ys: Memories of Celceta and Persona on the Vita, plus Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate and Fire Emblem on the 3DS :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,602 ✭✭✭jaffusmax

For the PS4 I would say, The Order: 1886, Watch Dogs, The Evil Within, The Elder Scrolls Online, Dragon Age: Inquisition, Child of Light and Sleeping Dogs: Triad Wars.

I also will have to get through Tales of Symphonia Chronicles, Dark Souls II, The Witch and the Hundred Knights on the PS3 in March, Ys: Memories of Celceta and Persona on the Vita, plus Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate and Fire Emblem on the 3DS :pac:

Good selection although being a massive elder scroll fan I will skip online due to subscription fees.

Sony recommends a 5MBPS+ connection to use PlayStation Now, information sign-ups live.
    Sony’s PlayStation Now will require a minimum 5Mb per second connection, according to a response posted on the PS Blog

Answering a question posed by a PS Blog user, the community management team’s Matthew Harper said: “In our internal tests, users with this bandwidth or greater have been enjoying a low latency, high-quality gaming experience.”

“PS Now tests your connection of each game and optimizes for quality if you are above the minimum requirements,” Harper continued. “We strive to make the gameplay experience feel as if the game is being played locally on their device – fast and responsive (including for FPS and games with twitch mechanics).

“The Closed Beta will definitely provide a great opportunity to test the experience with gamers with varying connection speeds and our developers will, of course, be working diligently to optimize the service based upon the feedback we receive from the community.”

PS Now will not only allow users to purchase titles through the service, but rent them as well. Should a user decide to purchase the full version later, they can do so easily as all files are stores to the cloud. This means all saved game progress will be available as well.

Those interested in more information on PS Now can sign up through here.

Meanwhile, the PS Blog has also posted a hands-on with the service and how it handled playing The Last of Us.

http://www.vg247.com/2014/01/08/sony-recommends-a-5mbps-connection-to-use-playstation-now-information-sign-ups-live/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 501 ✭✭✭198321

is the PS store down again? it says Network Unavailable Please check you network connection.

They should at least come up with different error message if they cannot keep their services live for longer than a week ... (blaming my internet connection)

• Registered Users Posts: 351 ✭✭CathalRyano

Sony recommends a 5MBPS+ connection to use PlayStation Now, information sign-ups live.

http://www.vg247.com/2014/01/08/sony-recommends-a-5mbps-connection-to-use-playstation-now-information-sign-ups-live/

OnLive recommended the same, with a 2mbps minimum.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

Has anyone had any luck getting US Netflix on the PS4? Settings I use for my iPad and Xbox 360 just don't seem to work on it, have searched the web for more but none seem to work. If any one has a working one, a PM would be great :D

• Registered Users Posts: 818 ✭✭✭setanta1984

Has anyone got a recommended method for achieving anolog audio out from the PS4?

My reciever is analog only, and annoyingly my TV only has headphone jack as audio out, which I am tetatively using but is really poor in all aspects.

Can anyone recommend a Digital/Analogue convertor they are currently using with the PS4 for good quality/low noise output?
    Like these things: http://www.amazon.co.uk/eSynic%C2%AE-Digital-Optical-Coaxial-Converter/dp/B009ZR7IB8/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1389278210&sr=8-3&keywords=digital+to+analog+audio+converter

• Registered Users Posts: 12,541 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Has anyone got a recommended method for achieving anolog audio out from the PS4?

My reciever is analog only, and annoyingly my TV only has headphone jack as audio out, which I am tetatively using but is really poor in all aspects.

Can anyone recommend a Digital/Analogue convertor they are currently using with the PS4 for good quality/low noise output?
    Like these things: http://www.amazon.co.uk/eSynic%C2%AE-Digital-Optical-Coaxial-Converter/dp/B009ZR7IB8/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1389278210&sr=8-3&keywords=digital+to+analog+audio+converter

Going to assume that you don't mean the stereo DAC in that link and that you need surround.

Considering this is pretty much buying a new receiver without the amp as you need a decoder and a DAC you might be better off replacing your current receiver or take a chance on something cheap such as the linked to product.

Varik wrote: »
    Going to assume that you don't mean the stereo DAC in that link and that you need surround.

No stereo is what I'm looking for actually. It's a rather old (but fantastic sounding) stereo Hi-Fi amp, a marantz

• Registered Users Posts: 12,541 ✭✭✭✭Varik

No stereo is what I'm looking for actually. It's a rather old (but fantastic sounding) stereo Hi-Fi amp, a marantz

FiiO all the way.

They've a number of products going to the very high price, so budget matters.

• Advertisement

Varik wrote: »
    FiiO all the way.

They've a number of products going to the very high price, so budget matters.

Something like this one?
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/FiiO-192KHz-Digital-Analog-Converter-Black/dp/B005PWPUW6/ref=pd_sim_computers_2
    I guess cheaper the better, while maintaining quality :o

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement