Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS4 Megathread 2.0

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭Gits_bone

sweetie wrote: »
    you'll also get 6 free games s month, 2 on each platform as long as you are subscribed

What do you mean each platform?

And what kind of games?

• Registered Users Posts: 746 ✭✭✭eamondunphy

should've done even a tiny bit of research before buying so

should've done even a tiny bit of research before buying so

I presumed there was a reason the PS4 was more popular considering it's more expensive to buy than the Xbox. Same console otherwise.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Gits_bone wrote: »
    I presumed there was a reason the PS4 was more popular considering it's more expensive to buy than the Xbox. Same console otherwise.

?
    It was cheaper for half a year. And it's a different console.

?

Grayditch wrote: »
    ?
    It was cheaper for half a year. And it's a different console.

?

It is cheaper.

Same graphics, same main games. Same thing practically.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,766 ✭✭✭lertsnim

It is cheaper.

Same graphics, same main games. Same thing practically.

If that is how you see it, you should have gone for the cheaper version of the same thing so

• Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

Poor troll attempt ???

• Registered Users Posts: 12,536 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Is that for every online game? What a load of bollix. Very disappointed.

Not every game, the free 2 play ones don't need plus.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,188 ✭✭✭DoYouEvenLift

Is that for every online game? What a load of bollix. Very disappointed.

Maybe you should've done a bit of research before spending your money on something?

Rossi IRL wrote: »
    Poor troll attempt ???

yawn.

• Advertisement

lertsnim wrote: »
    If that is how you see it, you should have gone for the cheaper version of the same thing so

I probably would have if I had known you have to pay for online play.

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭ssba91

Has anyone got this HD for their PS4? Some comments say it works others say it doesn't.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Samsung-9-5mm-Internal-Drive-Compatible/dp/B00I8O6OQ4/ref=cm_cd_ql_qh_dp_t

• Registered Users Posts: 8,436 ✭✭✭RedXIV

ssba91 wrote: »
    Has anyone got this HD for their PS4? Some comments say it works others say it doesn't.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Samsung-9-5mm-Internal-Drive-Compatible/dp/B00I8O6OQ4/ref=cm_cd_ql_qh_dp_t

There is one in Bargain Alerts at the moment that is cheaper and confirmed to work on the PS4, thread is here

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭ssba91

RedXIV wrote: »
    There is one in Bargain Alerts at the moment that is cheaper and confirmed to work on the PS4, thread is here

Thanks for that, just ordered. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 746 ✭✭✭eamondunphy

the playstation tv is only 80 dollars on videogamesplus.ca

would this work exactly the same as the uk version, would there be any differences?

would mainly use if for remote play but want to make i'll have full functionality

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,363 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

The crew has only caught my attention there today, am I right in thinking you can't get out of the car and walk around?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,377 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

the playstation tv is only 80 dollars on videogamesplus.ca

would this work exactly the same as the uk version, would there be any differences?

would mainly use if for remote play but want to make i'll have full functionality

It will work the same. Might be worth checking playasia, I got mine from there for way cheaper.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,317 ✭✭✭CombatCow

Cheapest is the white Japanese one for €78 not including shipping. I know the latest firmware unlocks the region lock on it...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,128 ✭✭✭thorbarry

The crew has only caught my attention there today, am I right in thinking you can't get out of the car and walk around?

Yep, purely a racing game. I was quite looking forward to it. I have heard that some people were not impressed with the beta. But I will hold out until the game is released to see how it looks.

It looks to have gone through a lot of Beta tests, so hopefully that will help the online experience on launch week.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,748 ✭✭✭rolexeagle1

thorbarry wrote: »
    Yep, purely a racing game. I was quite looking forward to it. I have heard that some people were not impressed with the beta. But I will hold out until the game is released to see how it looks.

It looks to have gone through a lot of Beta tests, so hopefully that will help the online experience on launch week.

Don't count on it having a smooth launch, Ubisoft are involved....

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,363 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

thorbarry wrote: »

I'll hold out for a bit so :).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭OhHiMark

I logged into Playstation Plus today on my laptop and it says that my membership has expired, but I bought a 3 month membership less than a month ago. Has anyone seen this before?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,188 ✭✭✭DoYouEvenLift

Anyone know what the cheapest offer on that PS4 2TB replacement HDD is ATM? Either the portable Seagate or the bare HDD itself

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,401 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

Anyone know what the cheapest offer on that PS4 2TB replacement HDD is ATM? Either the portable Seagate or the bare HDD itself

http://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/2489935/Trail/searchtext%3ESEAGATE+TB.htm

It was a couple of quid cheaper 2 days ago on amazon, but that price has gone up again so argos are the cheapest I think

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭stephen1990

Shadow of Morder Legion edition for €34.99 and Premium edition for €44.99 on ps store.

Anyone play this game and recommend it to buy at this price??

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

If you like the Batman and Assasins Creed games then you will probably like it. Similar style of gameplay in terms of moving around, fighting and doing assassination kills. Has a cool system where by if you fight someone and dont kill them they have battle scars next time you meet them, or if they kill you they move up through the ranks of enemy. Probably can get it a bit cheaper through the US store if its on discount there too.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,573 ✭✭✭DeSelby83

Axwell wrote: »
    If you like the Batman and Assasins Creed games then you will probably like it. Similar style of gameplay in terms of moving around, fighting and doing assassination kills. Has a cool system where by if you fight someone and dont kill them they have battle scars next time you meet them, or if they kill you they move up through the ranks of enemy. Probably can get it a bit cheaper through the US store if its on discount there too.

its $30 on the us store at the moment so about €25 or so

• Registered Users Posts: 1,437 ✭✭✭biggebruv

whats the best way to go about getting a us psn voucher

• Registered Users Posts: 8,993 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

biggebruv wrote: »
    whats the best way to go about getting a us psn voucher

Amazon.com- change shipping and billing address to somewhere in America

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,437 ✭✭✭biggebruv

Amazon.com- change shipping and billing address to somewhere in America

so if i bought farcry 4 on my US account will it fully work with online on my normal irish account

farcry 4 is 60dollars so id be spending 50euros on a 60dollar psn voucher is that right?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement