Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS4 Megathread 2.0

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,993 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

biggebruv wrote: »
    so if i bought farcry 4 on my US account will it fully work with online on my normal irish account

farcry 4 is 60dollars so id be spending 50euros on a 60dollar psn voucher is that right?

Yeah purchase it through Amazon and you will get voucher code in email. Redeem in US Profile PSN Store and purchase Game
    On your PS4 go to the US Profile and in settings click on make console primary Ps4. Switch back to Irish profile and you will be able to play no problem. Any DLC will have to be bought from the US PSN Store.

Here is a guide i used to set up a US PSN account http://www.nowgamer.com/ps4-how-to-buy-us-digital-psn-games/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,437 ✭✭✭biggebruv

Yeah purchase it through Amazon and you will get voucher code in email. Redeem in US Profile PSN Store and purchase Game
    On your PS4 go to the US Profile and in settings click on make console primary Ps4. Switch back to Irish profile and you will be able to play no problem. Any DLC will have to be bought from the US PSN Store.

Here is a guide i used to set up a US PSN account http://www.nowgamer.com/ps4-how-to-buy-us-digital-psn-games/

and the online will be alright yeah? sorry just want to make sure im a newb at this stuff but its cool:D cheers for the help

i have my irish account as the primary console so if I activate the us one will the irish one not be a primary account anymore

• Registered Users Posts: 8,993 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

biggebruv wrote: »
    and the online will be alright yeah? sorry just want to make sure im a newb at this stuff but its cool:D cheers for the help

i have my irish account as the primary console so if I activate the us one will the irish one not be a primary account anymore

from PS4 user guide
    You can activate the system as your primary PS4™ system with your Sony Entertainment Network account. By activating the system, the following actions can be performed:

Anyone who uses your primary PS4™ system can enjoy applications you purchase from PlayStation®Store.
    Anyone who uses your primary PS4™ system can enjoy numerous benefits if you subscribe to PlayStation®Plus.

You can activate only 1 PS4™ system per account.
    If a user activates a system with his or her account, other users on the system can use applications and enjoy some PlayStation®Plus benefits from that account, even if that user is not logged in.

I have my PS4 set as primary account for my Irish and US accounts

• Registered Users Posts: 5,534 ✭✭✭WarZoneBrother

Anyone know is there a glitch in getting trophies without an internet connection.. I have only got 1 trophy after a few hours of the last of us and so far none with far cry 4 expected to get one after finishing prologue

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,439 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Almost all the Last of Us trophies are for finishing the game, fully upgrading your character etc... It's actually surprisingly nice to play through a whole campaign without meaningless dings sounding the whole time!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,534 ✭✭✭WarZoneBrother

Almost all the Last of Us trophies are for finishing the game, fully upgrading your character etc... It's actually surprisingly nice to play through a whole campaign without meaningless dings sounding the whole time!

I love those meaningless dings though..

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,363 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

I love those meaningless dings though..

Me too lol :D

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Crap, last of us remastered 22eu on psn... I wanted it for ages, but I spent **** loads of money on xbox one and games for it last night... Damn you!!!!
    Then again that's one of the games that I would like to have physical copy off. I got all my uncharted games and they will never be sold. They will go as classics in my closet :D.

• Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭Rushden

Thinking of getting a ps4, Is the argos ps4 and last of us bundle for 380€ the best around right now?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,668 ✭✭✭String

When do the ps plus games for the month usually become available?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

Tomorrow with the regular store update.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,317 ✭✭✭CombatCow

String wrote: »
    When do the ps plus games for the month usually become available?

Technically the first Wednesday of the month.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,536 ✭✭✭✭Varik

CombatCow wrote: »
    Technically the first Wednesday of the month.

Not always depends on how the month falls, it can be in the last week of the previous month as well.

They go by 4 weeks and not the calendar month.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,317 ✭✭✭CombatCow

That's what it says according to the ps blog, I know one month was weird alright...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,318 ✭✭✭padair

Rushden wrote: »
    Thinking of getting a ps4, Is the argos ps4 and last of us bundle for 380€ the best around right now?

There are a few good deals in UK stores that you can get delivered through parcelmotel

• Registered Users Posts: 988 ✭✭✭Zeouterlimits

12,100 limited run of PS1 themed PS4s! For the 20th Anniversary of course.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,746 ✭✭✭irishmover

Looks awesome.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,436 ✭✭✭RedXIV

Really want one :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,528 ✭✭✭Lucious Sweet

Looks sweet, more pics and unboxing here

• Registered Users Posts: 1,748 ✭✭✭rolexeagle1

Rushden wrote: »

Deal today with Argos, PS4 and 3 games for 399.99

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,836 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

srumball wrote: »
    Deal today with Argos, PS4 and 3 games for 399.99

Comes with Fifa 15, The Crew and The Last of Us. Such a great deal!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,188 ✭✭✭DoYouEvenLift

Wonder why the blue light's on it when it's actually a white light when the consoles is turned on

• Registered Users Posts: 3,307 ✭✭✭weiland79

What's the story with the messaging still being broken. Have they acknowledged this issue at all?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,528 ✭✭✭Lucious Sweet

weiland79 wrote: »
    What's the story with the messaging still being broken. Have they acknowledged this issue at all?

2:03 update is live now. Nothing specific in it but it "will help improve usage of some applications "

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

Had a quick look and the messaging was working perfect there.

However that's not the first time I've thought that after an update. Usually it goes back to **** after a few days.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

Another thing - The 20th Anniversary theme is great :D

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

Really liking that retro DS4 with the PS button in colour. Looks better than the white pad, easier to keep clean too.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,971 ✭✭✭Flaccus

Any idea if the anniversary edition will be available here or even one me from Amazon

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,377 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Now all we need is an update so that we can play PS1 games on the PS4!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭Toom3y7

CombatCow wrote: »
    I think you mean the game was not ready for for a November launch right?

+1 much more of a game issue haha :P

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement