Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS4 Megathread 2.0

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29,836 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Now all we need is an update so that we can play PS1 games on the PS4!

Yupp! Was really hoping for that with the latest update. Would love to pick up a few classics to play on the PS4.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,747 ✭✭✭✭wes

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Now all we need is an update so that we can play PS1 games on the PS4!

Didn't realise that the PS4 couldn't do that until your post. That is a pretty big omission.

• Registered Users Posts: 727 ✭✭✭Muirshin Durkin

Nice, didnt know Injustice: Gods Among Us is going to be free with plus this month.

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭Toom3y7

sheehy83 wrote: »
    Yupp! Was really hoping for that with the latest update. Would love to pick up a few classics to play on the PS4.

Final fantasy VII will be completed once as soon as this happens :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,993 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

Injustice Gods Among Us , Titan Attacks and Secret Ponchos are available to download for free now on the PS4

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,766 ✭✭✭lertsnim

I downloaded the update in 90 seconds so there are no downloading issues at present.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,765 ✭✭✭FortuneChip

Nice, didnt know Injustice: Gods Among Us is going to be free with plus this month.

Pretend I know nothing about PS Plus.

Once downloaded is this yours for as long as you subscribe to PSN, or just for December?

Also, downloading remotely, my PS4 is on standby at home, do I have to activate any "download when in standby mode" function on the console itself?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,748 ✭✭✭rolexeagle1

Once downloaded is this yours for as long as you subscribe to PSN, or just for December?

Also, downloading remotely, my PS4 is on standby at home, do I have to activate any "download when in standby mode" function on the console itself?

As long as you are a PS+ subscriber

• Registered Users Posts: 727 ✭✭✭Muirshin Durkin

Not too sure about the stand by mode, i dont use it, but once you download it its yours for good, as long as your subscription is up to date you can play it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,317 ✭✭✭CombatCow

As long as you have the ps+ sub. You can also add the game to your library so you have it on your account but not downloaded right now.

Yeah go to settings - power saving settings - set functions available in rest mode. Turn em both on

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,765 ✭✭✭FortuneChip

PS Plus isn't the worst thing on the planet!
    Cheers lads!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,534 ✭✭✭WarZoneBrother

Tomb Raider Definitive Edition - $18 in US Store... Pretty decent price if you ask me... Amazing game having played the first few hours on laptop...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

Tomb Raider Definitive Edition - $18 in US Store... Pretty decent price if you ask me... Amazing game having played the first few hours on laptop...

Really good game. Well worth it for that price! Finished it 100% on steam :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,042 ✭✭✭zl1whqvjs75cdy

Going to have fecking loads of games to play once I get my PS4 thanks to plus.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,209 ✭✭✭Redzer7

Anyone else's update taking ages? Says the estimated time is 55 minutes whereas usually it would take a minute for 200mb at most?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,832 ✭✭✭✭Blatter

Would recommend this. It's a steal at €15.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Redzer7 wrote: »
    Anyone else's update taking ages? Says the estimated time is 55 minutes whereas usually it would take a minute for 200mb at most?

Took me less than a minute an hour ago on a 24mb line.

Wow that 20th anniversary theme is definitely staying on my XMB. Music takes me right back to when i was a youngfella. If only i could play the classics to go with it.

Also, upgraded from 4mbs Internet to 50mbs efibre yesterday. Can't get over how fast the DC game is downloading!

For some reason my mic works fine with phone but when I plug into controller it only works for literally a second then disconnects in party or in game... Anyone else have this issue? Is my controller the problem?

EDIT: Also I seem to have downloaded UFC but only 2GB file and the game is like 15GB do I have to download the rest of the file in game or can I play other games and it still downloads?... So annoying if I have to stay in UFC just to download the rest of the game...

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

Where are the themes on the ps4? Are the downloaded via the psn? Really wanna get that Ps 1 theme!

• Advertisement

Warzone, ufc should download the rest of the game in the background whether you play that, a diffetent game, no game or even in rest mode (if you have network activity enabled during rest mode). If you go to the icon for the game, click the options button and then click information. It should show tital size and how much is downloaded.

Gerry, yupp on ps store, go to Games on the left then themes. Ps1 theme is in there for free.

gerrybbadd wrote: »
    Where are the themes on the ps4? Are the downloaded via the psn? Really wanna get that Ps 1 theme!

I think simplest way to find is going to Settings then Themes then Find in Playstation Store this is how I found it anyways... Or sheehy's way should work too...

What if I am playing the likes of COD online would it interfere with my connection?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

Thanks guys

• Registered Users Posts: 1,788 ✭✭✭CptMackey

Anybody have the ps4 headset?

Would it work with a phone through blue tooth aswell?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,269 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

This update is taking way too long. Over 2 hours it tells me and it's been going for half an hour now. 40MB done :mad:

I tried downloading an update from their website and it downloaded in 30 seconds, so my net isn't the problem. The bums have not updated their website with update 2.0.3 yet though, so I can't install via USB.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Oat23 wrote: »
    This update is taking way too long. Over 2 hours it tells me and it's been going for half an hour now. 40MB done :mad:

I tried downloading an update from their website and it downloaded in 30 seconds, so my net isn't the problem. The bums have not updated their website with update 2.0.3 yet though, so I can't install via USB.

I just popped in and my update got downloaded in seconds. Funny enough secret ponchos downloaded very fast and now it is working on injustice.
    As I mentioned already I had vary big issues with download speeds in last two weeks like you m8. I tried all kind of witch craft, but in the end it got sorted out by some stupid silly thing. I would always turn my phone and start browsing on my it before I turn on ps4. It would always give me **** speeds when ps4 loaded up. Now I just turn off wifi on phone before coming in to room. Fire up ps4 and it has normal speeds. It might be completely coincidence, but for a week I got no issues. I wonder if it might be due to wireless type phone uses, which ****s up Sony wifi unit?

On different note: I got xbox one for 2 days and I already have a fault with it. I am banned from xbox forum for a week and that's 2 days since I got xbox one. I am just that good lol.

Oat23 wrote: »

Pause download turn PS4 off and back on then resume download... Mine was going to take me 6 hours but think rebooting got it to like 30mins or so...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,317 ✭✭✭CombatCow

Try going to settings - network, just tick the internet connection off and back on, do a connection test (last option) and see what speeds you get.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,174 ✭✭✭ItsHoggie

My messages are even worse since today's update

• Advertisement

Just picked up Killzone for 14.99 on Gamestop pre-owned... Strangely it allowed me to add an post express delivery for nothing... Last time I ordered from gamestop I was charged 2euro for just standard postage iirc...

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement