Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS4 Megathread 2.0

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Just picked up Killzone for 14.99 on Gamestop pre-owned... Strangely it allowed me to add an post express delivery for nothing... Last time I ordered from gamestop I was charged 2euro for just standard postage iirc...

You missed out on when it was only a Euro on the PSN Store, was a nice glitch!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,534 ✭✭✭WarZoneBrother

Xenji wrote: »

Don't think I had a PS4 at that stage so technically didn't miss out :P .. But 15euro is decent enough to me played a few games online at bros and at mates and I love it...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,574 ✭✭✭EoinHef

My god BF4 takes up a lot of HDD space

Including premium/patches its taking up 65.58GB for me:(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭Batesy

Tried the music USB player last night. Very good. Had about 1000 songs on shuffle whilst playing Pure Pool.

Got a miniature 16gb USB stick from Amazon that you wouldn't even know was connected to the ps4 it's so small.

Recommended.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,965 ✭✭✭jonerkinsella

Just picked up Killzone for 14.99 on Gamestop pre-owned... Strangely it allowed me to add an post express delivery for nothing... Last time I ordered from gamestop I was charged 2euro for just standard postage iirc...

€12 in CEX.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭wilser

€12 in CEX.

Showing @ €15 for me

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

500GB is a pittance really considering you have to install every game. I'm deleting games every week now.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,188 ✭✭✭DoYouEvenLift

500GB is a pittance really considering you have to install every game. I'm deleting games every week now.

That's why they made it possible to swap it for other HDDs and easily too. Wonder when they'll release a 2TB version themselves

I've never fully understood the problem of storage. When I'm finished with a game I delete it. Simple really.

I'd never have enough games on the go at one time to fill my hard drive.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

Batesy wrote: »
    I've never fully understood the problem of storage. When I'm finished with a game I delete it. Simple really.

I just had to make over 25GB of space for Injustice GAU, with the capture gallery and huge file size of some games, which I expect will only get bigger as time goes by, you would be surprised how easy it is to fill up. GTAV is the guts of 50GB, can't wait to see what Uncharted will be given it's size on PS3.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,401 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

Seems like a really inefficient way of doing things, but to each their own.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭MarkY91

Xenji wrote: »

i got it back then. i wish i could get my euro back :pac:

Or highly efficient depending on what way you look at it. Delete games you no longer play/need taking up room on your hard drive.

Even if 50gb becomes the norm I'd never have 9 games that size on the go at once.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

I leave them on as long as possible as all that installing and deleting fragments the hard drive over time. Plus it's nice to have one or two games that you can just go, ""I would love just to go back to that for an hour"" and there it is. No installing or waiting needed.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,307 ✭✭✭weiland79

MarkY91 wrote: »
    i got it back then. i wish i could get my euro back :pac:

They really need to shake things up if they are going to persist with this as their flag ship shooter.

I leave them on as long as possible as all that installing and deleting fragments the hard drive over time. Plus it's nice to have one or two games that you can just go, ""I would love just to go back to that for an hour"" and there it is. No installing or waiting needed.

I agree with this. I've a few on there that I may go back to for new DLC. I still find 500gb plenty.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,401 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

Or highly efficient depending on what way you look at it. Delete games you no longer play/need taking up room on your hard drive.

Even if 50gb becomes the norm I'd never have 9 games that size on the go at once.

I can't see how it could even be mildly efficient? at most you save yourself 30 seconds between deleting a game when at capacity. Sure, if you have to make space there's not much you can do about it, but if you're deleting games just cos there's nothing efficient about it.

Also, kinda sucks to be eating into 30-50gb of download any time I want to play a random game of something I've deleted :pac:

In my eyes deleting something that is no longer needed is efficient.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

€12 in CEX.

plus €4.95 delivery

• Registered Users Posts: 6,492 ✭✭✭Damien360

Bought myself a ps4 for Christmas. As drive is 500gb and I have all the ps4 games from plus in the background, can I just remove that drive and place 1tb instead before I fire it up ? Is it same as PS3 ? Any drive recommendations ?

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,188 ✭✭✭DoYouEvenLift

Damien360 wrote: »
    Bought myself a ps4 for Christmas. As drive is 500gb and I have all the ps4 games from plus in the background, can I just remove that drive and place 1tb instead before I fire it up ? Is it same as PS3 ? Any drive recommendations ?

You can use a 2TB one. Can buy an external Seagate one from Argos which has the samsung HDD and disassemble it, which is easy enough, and use that. Then put the 500GB back into the Seagate case so it doesn't go to waste

Using the PS4 mic which came with the PS4 it is outputting sound but I can not talk anymore... When I enter a party the mic works for maybe 2 seconds... It was working last week, but doesn't seem to be working now, however when I connect the mic to my phone I can talk and my mate can hear me...

Anyone know what the problem is? Is there something wrong with my settings or is my mic just screwed...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

Using the PS4 mic which came with the PS4 it is outputting sound but I can not talk anymore... When I enter a party the mic works for maybe 2 seconds... It was working last week, but doesn't seem to be working now, however when I connect the mic to my phone I can talk and my mate can hear me...

Anyone know what the problem is? Is there something wrong with my settings or is my mic just screwed...

If it works on your phone, it could be the 3.5mm port on your DS4 that's the issue. Have you tested it with another pair of earphones or something?

Otacon wrote: »
    If it works on your phone, it could be the 3.5mm port on your DS4 that's the issue. Have you tested it with another pair of earphones or something?

Don't have another pair and my other PS4 controller is sent for repair... Would I be fit to get controller replaced or something if it is a controller issue?... Thought that if it was outputting the voice of others and games through the mic earpiece it wouldn't be the controller problem..

Did you get the controller in a B&M store? if you did they'd be able to test it for you easily enough

Did you get the controller in a B&M store? if you did they'd be able to test it for you easily enough

Came with my PS4 bought it in Smyths only about a month ago..

• Registered Users Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

12,100 limited run of PS1 themed PS4s! For the 20th Anniversary of course.

Looks class!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,965 ✭✭✭jonerkinsella

wilser wrote: »
    Showing @ €15 for me

They put the price back up .I got it for my cousin a few weeks ago for €12.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,817 ✭✭✭phill106

Sky app is now available on the uk psn store, i created a new uk psn account, downloadeded it, just need to see about this sky go business..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,536 ✭✭✭✭Varik

phill106 wrote: »
    Sky app is now available on the uk psn store, i created a new uk psn account, downloadeded it, just need to see about this sky go business..

Do you need that extra sky sub to use it?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement