Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS4 Megathread 2.0

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,429 ✭✭✭Kenjataimu

phill106 wrote: »
    Sky app is now available on the uk psn store, i created a new uk psn account, downloadeded it, just need to see about this sky go business..

I think it costs extra to use it, going by this link
    However, users will have to pay extra for the feature unless they already subscribe to Sky's Multiscreen service. Rather than offering the service for free, as the company does for mobile and tablet users, regular Sky Go customers will have to pay an extra £5 a month to watch Sky via the PS4.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

Proco Jr. wrote: »
    I think it costs extra to use it, going by this link

They brought that in recently for xbox also, pay extra unless you have multiroom. Thankfully my sister has multiroom :D

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

The Sky app was on the 360 for a few years and you had to pay extra on top of Live for it too, so this is not a new thing really.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

The Sky app was on the 360 for a few years and you had to pay extra on top of Live for it too, so this is not a new thing really.

Not that long. Originally a sky account allowed you two (or maybe 3) sky go accounts on ios, pc, xbox. Earlier this year they restructured it to add sky go extra which allows upto 4 devices and is a requirement for the xbox app and required an extra payment unless you had multiroom.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,748 ✭✭✭rolexeagle1

sweetie wrote: »
    Not that long. Originally a sky account allowed you two (or maybe 3) sky go accounts on ios, pc, xbox. Earlier this year they restructured it to add sky go extra which allows upto 4 devices and is a requirement for the xbox app and required an extra payment unless you had multiroom.

How much is it extra a month?

• Advertisement

No you didn't, I never paid extra to use it on the 360

• Registered Users Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭Batesy

It think it's €6 per month for the Sky Go Extra that's needed.

Batesy wrote: »
    It think it's €6 per month for the Sky Go Extra that's needed.

Cheers mate, will download this later....

Anyonegot tips on setting up a UK PSN Account??

• Registered Users Posts: 4,147 ✭✭✭shanec1928

srumball wrote: »
    Cheers mate, will download this later....

Anyonegot tips on setting up a UK PSN Account??
    just pick uk as your region. then a uk address. pretty straight forward.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

Surprised that Sony allowed the release of the Sky Go app considering they are looking to launch their own TV service soon (PS Vue)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

gerrybbadd wrote: »
    Surprised that Sony allowed the release of the Sky Go app considering they are looking to launch their own TV service soon (PS Vue)

Given the fact that Vue is not even US-only but certain cities-only, I don't expect to see it for a few years, if at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

Otacon wrote: »
    Given the fact that Vue is not even US-only but certain cities-only, I don't expect to see it for a few years, if at all.

Didn't realise it was a specific city service - that's a bit odd! It's hardy Google Fibre!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,536 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Didn't realise it was a specific city service - that's a bit odd! It's hardy Google Fibre!

The content is area specific, if we got it it'd be mostly soarview and then a few extra premium channels.

It's only local content.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

Because of the way networks broadcast in the US, depending on your city and its affiliate, you could get different channels to someone in a neighbouring city. Its an odd system TBH.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,188 ✭✭✭DoYouEvenLift

The only streaming service I'll pay for is HBO, if it ever comes here that is but it's possible now since they're launching their own subscription service that you don't need cable for

• Registered Users Posts: 9,766 ✭✭✭lertsnim

srumball wrote: »
    No you didn't, I never paid extra to use it on the 360

I concur. It was free for sky subscribers for a long time as I used it myself without any multi room or extra charges.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,354 ✭✭✭nocoverart

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,363 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

The only streaming service I'll pay for is HBO, if it ever comes here that is but it's possible now since they're launching their own subscription service that you don't need cable for

I seriously doubt that will ever see the light of day over here unfortunately.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,188 ✭✭✭DoYouEvenLift

I seriously doubt that will ever see the light of day over here unfortunately.

Why? Dunno how long their deals with Sky Atlantic are but they'd probably be the main thing preventing it from happening, would they? As streaming and the internet grows, satellite and cable TV are heading towards their end. All it'll take for Americans to have a big shift from cable is a sports network doing similar and making their own streaming service, lots of Americans now claim the only reason they even still pay for cable is live sports.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭prettyboy81

Sky Go installed & pretty impressive stream quality!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,401 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

http://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/2489935/Trail/searchtext%3ESEAGATE+TB.htm

It was a couple of quid cheaper 2 days ago on amazon, but that price has gone up again so argos are the cheapest I think

Balls, that price jump....feck it argos, guess I won't be buying you tomorrow

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,363 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Why? Dunno how long their deals with Sky Atlantic are but they'd probably be the main thing preventing it from happening, would they? As streaming and the internet grows, satellite and cable TV are heading towards their end. All it'll take for Americans to have a big shift from cable is a sports network doing similar and making their own streaming service, lots of Americans now claim the only reason they even still pay for cable is live sports.

Maybe it will happen but it won't be anytime soon,took ages for Netflix to get here, it ridiculous that sky go can't be got with an Irish account over here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,042 ✭✭✭zl1whqvjs75cdy

Ugh talk about bad timing. My ps3 is in the process of packing it in. If it's on for more than an hour it overheats and shuts off. I have a heap of games for the ps3 and still play it regularly. So the question is do I buy another ps3 or upgrade to a ps4. I can get a 12gb ps3 for 200 and put my current hard drive into it to make a 500gb, or I can spend the extra and get a ps4. Decisions.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,301 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

Ugh talk about bad timing. My ps3 is in the process of packing it in. If it's on for more than an hour it overheats and shuts off. I have a heap of games for the ps3 and still play it regularly. So the question is do I buy another ps3 or upgrade to a ps4. I can get a 12gb ps3 for 200 and put my current hard drive into it to make a 500gb, or I can spend the extra and get a ps4. Decisions.

Tough decision alright.
    Since you play it regularly I'd get a new PS3 and save up for a PS4 - best of both worlds.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,042 ✭✭✭zl1whqvjs75cdy

I'll give the fixing a go so. If it's already at deaths door it doesn't matter if I mess it up.

• Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭WeHaveToGoBack

I'll give the fixing a go so. If it's already at deaths door it doesn't matter if I mess it up.

If its out of warranty, call Sony and you'll get a refurbished Slim 250GB for €120.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,534 ✭✭✭WarZoneBrother

Stuck on a "Please wait..." message every time I go to switch user and takes maybe 5 mins to get logged in... This happening to anyone else or is it because GTA is downloading in the background and causing everything else to mess up?

Watching Uncharted 4 now, even for a stream it looks good.

Hope Sony put out a some videos like they did for some other games, so we can see what it's really like with out the artefacts and compression.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

Well uncharted looks incredible. Naughty dog know how to do a stage demo.

• Advertisement

Is "Kill Strain" something I should already know about?

5 Vs 2 Vs 5

Sounds like Arkham origins ( which when it worked was fun).

Their site already getting hit hard.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement