Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS4 Megathread 2.0

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,573 ✭✭✭DeSelby83

Plants vs Zombies(free today) is absolutely bananas crazy but bit of a laugh

• Registered Users Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭Batesy

What ?, you can get sky digital through your PS4 now ?

Only if you're an existing Sky Tv customer and pay the €6 extra for Sky Go extra OR if you know some kind soul who is and they let you use their Sky ID.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭Gits_bone

What's the skygo for?

Also worth buying the years sub for ps+ for the games? I'll prob get it eventually anyways.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,401 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

Gits_bone wrote: »
    What's the skygo for?

Also worth buying the years sub for ps+ for the games? I'll prob get it eventually anyways.

It's an app for watching sky on your PS4...right? (I don't use it so feel free to correct my assumption)

So far my PS+ sub may have paid for itself, but I could just as easily done without the games I got, so in that sense it hasn't been worth it for me - yet, they've still got plenty of time to improve before I opt out of subscribing again. You should check out what games have been on offer, what's coming up and make the call for yourself. If the free games had been more to my liking I'd say it was worth every penny.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,209 ✭✭✭Redzer7

Yeah I haven't got much worth out of PS+ either but for €50 a year for all those games you can't really go wrong.

• Advertisement

It's an app for watching sky on your PS4...right? (I don't use it so feel free to correct my assumption)

So far my PS+ sub may have paid for itself, but I could just as easily done without the games I got, so in that sense it hasn't been worth it for me - yet, they've still got plenty of time to improve before I opt out of subscribing again. You should check out what games have been on offer, what's coming up and make the call for yourself. If the free games had been more to my liking I'd say it was worth every penny.

And for the PS3 games, can they be played on ps4?

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Doriain123

No PS3 games cannot be played on the PS4. There is a playstation steaming service coming soon to America and eventually Europe which will allow you to stream PS3 games on your PS4.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭TrustedApple

And for the PS3 games, can they be played on ps4?

Nope not at all and will never be supported only way we are going to be able to get PS3 games on the PS4 will be with PS Now witch is extremely overpriced for what it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭Jacks Smirking Revenge

Anyone else get the 20th anniversary theme?

Hearing the Ps1 Startup noise made my day :pac:
    The Ps2 and Ps3 sounds in the background are also a nice touch.

Just signed up for ps+. Where do I find these free games?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,536 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Just signed up for ps+. Where do I find these free games?

https://store.sonyentertainmentnetwork.com/#!/en-ie/monthly-games/cid=STORE-MSF75508-PLUSINSTANTGAME

The website is easier and you can add all the games even if you don't have all the consoles.

Varik wrote: »
    https://store.sonyentertainmentnetwork.com/#!/en-ie/monthly-games/cid=STORE-MSF75508-PLUSINSTANTGAME

The website is easier and you can add all the games even if you don't have all the consoles.

Thank you very much!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,188 ✭✭✭DoYouEvenLift

Is the Sky app any different than the one on ps3 and 360? I used the one on 360 before but it only had certain live channels available and not all like on the actual box. And that was before I had on demand, how does on demand work on it? Does it d/load to your console or stream?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,766 ✭✭✭lertsnim

Is the Sky app any different than the one on ps3 and 360? I used the one on 360 before but it only had certain live channels available and not all like on the actual box. And that was before I had on demand, how does on demand work on it? Does it d/load to your console or stream?

It is the same. It is essentially Sky Go for your tv so you will not be able to stream all Sky channels. The app allows you to see what channels are available without a subcription.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,528 ✭✭✭Lucious Sweet

Lads I have PES 2015 installed from disc on my PS4 but sold the disc copy.
    I have since purchased it again from the PSN store but it hasn't started to download and the copy I have on my system says wrong disc inserted.
    Is there anyway to make the version on my system work with the purchased license or will I have to delete the installed version and download the whole game again?

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,401 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

I have since purchased it again from the PSN store but it hasn't started to download and the copy I have on my system says wrong disc inserted.
    Is there anyway to make the version on my system work with the purchased license or will I have to delete the installed version and download the whole game again?

I ran into this with tlou, I just ended up redownloading it, bit backwards if there's no workaround for this

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,301 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

Two different games, you have to delete your disk version and download your digital version

• Registered Users Posts: 1,528 ✭✭✭Lucious Sweet

Balls! Thanks lads.
    Seriously backward that you can't just buy for the right to not use the disc.
    I've done this with the XB1 no problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

****ing psn **** **** **** **** server bull**** ********

• Registered Users Posts: 2,174 ✭✭✭ItsHoggie

So Lizard Squad took PSN down again...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,212 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

Those lizard lads are so annoying...

Can I ask lads what's the call of duty players here on ps4 like?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,952 ✭✭✭JamboMac

Best first person shooter game ever plants vs zombies, awesome balls.

JamboMac wrote: »
    Best first person shooter game ever plants vs zombies, awesome balls.
    its good but repetitive its not a game to play all the time like

its good but repetitive its not a game to play all the time like

No game fits that bill :P

No game fits that bill :P
    I disagree. call of duty
    fifa and battlefield could easily be played regularly without break

have any of you tried that chrome thing that allows you to use an xbox one controller with ps4?

I disagree. call of duty
    fifa and battlefield could easily be played regularly without break

I was joking, because you said all the time :cool:

• Advertisement

I hope these pricks get caught.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement