Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS4 Megathread 2.0

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,212 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

J Mysterio wrote: »
    I hope these pricks get caught.
    how is it affecting you? like are all aspects of psn down so you can play nothing?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,638 ✭✭✭deafroadrunner

how is it affecting you? like are all aspects of psn down so you can play nothing?

can't access the store netflix and wwe network down for me aswell plus some games that need license verification :(

street fighter 5 :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,479 ✭✭✭Notorious97

I seriously don't see the attraction to taking down a gaming service, sad cúnts.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

Wanted to play MyClub in PES.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

I seriously don't see the attraction to taking down a gaming service, sad cúnts.

They'll be playing Day Z later.

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭brijay

People get so mad and it's only down for a short amount of time be grateful you're not waiting months like the last time

brijay wrote: »
    People get so mad and it's only down for a short amount of time be grateful you're not waiting months like the last time
    theres no being grateful when people are paying for a service, both ms and sony need to stop those lads asap its very damaging tbh

• Registered Users Posts: 20,830 ✭✭✭✭Taltos

Think the FBI got involved last time???

• Registered Users Posts: 8,437 ✭✭✭RedXIV

Taltos wrote: »
    Think the FBI got involved last time???

When it went down in 2011? Yeah that was a major effort and Sony thought taking the service offline was the best approach. And while people got free games after it, nearly a month of it being offline would never fly now that people are expected to pay for online play.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,534 ✭✭✭WarZoneBrother

Well that was a waste of a journey went to smyths to tell them about the mic issue I'm having with my controller... They told me they can't do nothing till I ring Sony... So they want me to sit on hold for hours while I listen to Sony tell me what I already know, what a load of crap..

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,401 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

Well that was a waste of a journey went to smyths to tell them about the mic issue I'm having with my controller... They told me they can't do nothing till I ring Sony... So they want me to sit on hold for hours while I listen to Sony tell me what I already know, what a load of crap..

Ah dude, you really shouldn't have let them fob you off, they're entirely responsible for for sorting this out, not sony, and well do they know it.

Ah dude, you really shouldn't have let them fob you off, they're entirely responsible for for sorting this out, not sony, and well do they know it.

Yeah this crap always seems to happen to me, perhaps I should go Thursday and bluff and say I rang Sony and they said the controller is faulty and to get a replacement..

• Registered Users Posts: 928 ✭✭✭robfowler78

Yeah this crap always seems to happen to me, perhaps I should go Thursday and bluff and say I rang Sony and they said the controller is faulty and to get a replacement..

Don't know if it's any help to you but I rang Sony today about the thumb ware on my ds4 took 15mins to get through and they gave me a ref to have it collected. The lad said to ring were I got it and ask if they would replace it for me first. Rang the shop and no bother they took the ref gave me a replacement and said they would look after it with Sony. Also the lad in Sony said you can do it online with the self help part of the support website and that gives a ref you don't need to ring apparently

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,029 ✭✭✭um7y1h83ge06nx

I'm completely open to being wrong here but isn't a consumers contract with the retailer and not the manufacturer?

Actually, yes it does appear that way -http://www.consumerhelp.ie/faulty-goods

"Your contract is with the retailer or supplier who sold you the product so if there is a fault, it is up to them to fix it. You may also have extra protection if you have a guarantee or warranty from the manufacturer. It is the retailer’s responsibility to provide a remedy under the warranty, unless they have opted out of this and told you this. So you should check the terms and conditions of the warranty. - See more at: http://www.consumerhelp.ie/faulty-goods#sthash.YK27KYWY.dpuf"

There has long been an exception by trailers
    Retailers when it comes to consoles and accessories. Anyone know how they claim to justify this?

Don't know if it's any help to you but I rang Sony today about the thumb ware on my ds4 took 15mins to get through and they gave me a ref to have it collected. The lad said to ring were I got it and ask if they would replace it for me first. Rang the shop and no bother they took the ref gave me a replacement and said they would look after it with Sony. Also the lad in Sony said you can do it online with the self help part of the support website and that gives a ref you don't need to ring apparently

Yeah I done the same thing last week or other controller which has ware on controller... Now I have different issue with this one as I can't seem to talk in party or talk to playstation but can output volume from other players or in game.. I told them I tried all the settings and I know what I am at and there's just no way it's working and they still said its sonys problem.. I don't wanna send another controller back to Sony and be forced to play no ps4 during Xmas as I probably won't have them back in time..

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,401 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

There has long been an exception by trailers
    Retailers when it comes to consoles and accessories. Anyone know how they claim to justify this?

They don't, they simply rely on consumer ignorance, that and much of their customer base has traditionally been children - seemingly they've no problem exploiting kids, classy setup all around :P

• Registered Users Posts: 655 ✭✭✭marvsins

Do people who brought controllers back to shops have receipts ?

I bought a red DS4 in gamestop just after Xmas last year and the left stick is wreaked.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,536 ✭✭✭✭Varik

You can't make a retailer do anything, you can get a judgment in scc and if they still don't then the sheriff can actually enforce it but you can't directly force anyone to do anything even if you're in the right.

Varik wrote: »
    You can't make a retailer do anything, you can get a judgment in scc and if they still don't then the sheriff can actually enforce it but you can't directly force anyone to do anything even if you're in the right.

Rather jumping straight to SCC or whatever legal ****e you're on about I've always found that calm, asserted conversation works quite well, I never try to force anyone to do anything - much like myself, being forced to do anything meets greater resistance, that's 101 type stuff.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭Next Gen Gamer

Any recommendations for an external dolby processor to give my stereo headset a virtual 5.1.for ps4? ?

Rather jumping straight to SCC or whatever legal ****e you're on about I've always found that calm, asserted conversation works quite well, I never try to force anyone to do anything - much like myself, being forced to do anything meets greater resistance, that's 101 type stuff.

At what point did I say to jump to the SCC, I said you can't force them to do anything. No matter what any consumer laws say you yourself can't force a shop to do anything.

At what point did I say to jump to the SCC, I said you can't force them to do anything. No matter what any consumer laws say you yourself can't force a shop to do anything.

Bar you, no one mentioned anyone forcing any shop to do anything :confused: and you brought the SCC up in your post, the one I quoted and replied to earlier.

Any recommendations for an external dolby processor to give my stereo headset a virtual 5.1.for ps4? ?

The first gen Turtle beach dss

Astro mix amp

Creative have an external sound card that will work well as it also can take a 3.5mm mic and work with consoles.

Not sold separately but Plantroincs released a Dolby version of their RIG headset, the original amp got a lot of good reviews online.

New one is Dolby but doesn't have optical input.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭Next Gen Gamer

The first gen Turtle beach dss

Astro mix amp

Creative have an external sound card that will work well as it also can take a 3.5mm mic and work with consoles.

Not sold separately but Plantroincs released a Dolby version of their RIG headset, the original amp got a lot of good reviews online.

New one is Dolby but doesn't have optical input.

I see Creative do the wireless omega 3d with headset but the reviews vary a bit from one extreme to the other. Have you used any of creative's gear?

I see Creative do the wireless omega 3d with headset but the reviews vary a bit from one extreme to the other. Have you used any of creative's gear?

For years with on PC, but those aren't Dolby/virtual surround they're just plain old stereo.

Tried another controller with headset and it still aint working so have no idea what the issue is... The headset works with phone but not ps4 for some reason and I have messed about with settings and still nothing..

Tried another controller with headset and it still aint working so have no idea what the issue is... The headset works with phone but not ps4 for some reason and I have messed about with settings and still nothing..

If you go into device setup your headphone output is set to on right?

• Advertisement

If you go into device setup your headphone output is set to on right?

Either that or it's just a blank like I can't do anything to it I forget which one it is.. Most likely is just shaded out or whatever..

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement