Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS4 Megathread 2.0

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,417 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

F1ngers wrote: »
    Was trying for the 15X trophy too.
    Gave up on that and now on final level.

I think I got it between levels 1 and 2 or 3 and 4, as long as you're on 10x or so going into the next level it's easily doable. Probably best to attempt it with the boss you're most comfortable with! Although it's probably easier to manage on levels 3 and 4.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,532 ✭✭✭WolfForager

Question about that BF4 upgrade program, I take it you can still play the PS3 version a well as the PS4 version?

• Registered Users Posts: 721 ✭✭✭Pixelbastardo

Question about that BF4 upgrade program, I take it you can still play the PS3 version a well as the PS4 version?

Id say so. But you wouldnt be able to play them both at the same time, as you need the ps3 disc in the ps4 to start the game.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,329 ✭✭✭wcarey1975

I think I got it between levels 1 and 2 or 3 and 4, as long as you're on 10x or so going into the next level it's easily doable. Probably best to attempt it with the boss you're most comfortable with! Although it's probably easier to manage on levels 3 and 4.

I got this trophy this morning on veteran ACIS. Frustrating as hell but got it in the end. Only have the mater play one level, complete Veteran final boss is still a bit too much for me at present and the playthrough the whole game without losing all lives. I've made it to the final boss with 4 lives and it still wasnt enough I think I need at least 1-2 bombs. Had him almost dead but it's just a slog of a trophy to get. Hopefully I'll get it this weekend.

Yes you can but can only play one or the other if you got the upgrade with the disk. If you bought digitally you can play both at the same time. I have this with AC4 bought the PS3 version digitally and got the upgrade from the PS store.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,761 ✭✭✭lertsnim

There was almost tears but I finally beat Mefitis on Veteran level in Resogun. What a bastard of a level.

lertsnim wrote: »
    There was almost tears but I finally beat Mefitis on Veteran level in Resogun. What a bastard of a level.

Just did it there god I hate that final boss sooooooo much. I can't get how sometimes I die on the second last phase and some time I dont guess it's just luck where he appears. I though for sure that I was a gonner 3 times but he appeared to be behind the screen and not where I was. Only 2 to go now hope to plat before the end of the weekend now.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

Finished Killzone there and found it pretty average to be honest.

Story wasn't particularly interesting or satisfying.

Certain chapters were quiet good while others seemed to just be the usual big room and waves of enemies.

It definitely could have done with a better navigation system... whether that be a mini map and when you clicked up it'd show on the map the direction to go in or even just clicking up and one side of the screen would light up some colour to show you where to go.

As it was, the indicators were way too small and really frustrating to find.

Going to give the MP a go as I'm still finding BF to be a pain.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

It's mental how good War Thunder, Warframe, Blacklight and Resogun are. Not just for free games, they're genuinely class, addictive, well made games.

• Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭rafi bomb

Grayditch wrote: »
    It's mental how good War Thunder, Warframe, Blacklight and Resogun are. Not just for free games, they're genuinely class, addictive, well made games.

They only on for December? Only getting the ps4 at Christmas but don't want to miss them

• Advertisement

All the ones outside Resogun will be always be free. I don't know when Resogun is leaving as the free game on PsPlus, though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,804 ✭✭✭A Brad Maddox Guy

rafi bomb wrote: »
    They only on for December? Only getting the ps4 at Christmas but don't want to miss them

Resogun is. The other 3 are free-to-play games which you don't even need a PS Plus subscription to play I believe

• Registered Users Posts: 2,354 ✭✭✭nocoverart

Blacklight, Warframe and Warthunder are "free to play" games. You don't need PS+, they'll always be there

Was that you shot in the head today, nocoverart?

PSN: Snorkledork. :)

Sound, that's pretty good. Need to upgrade my 20 meg broadband I think if im gonna get ps plus

• Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭tobothehobo

Sound, that's pretty good. Need to upgrade my 20 meg broadband I think if im gonna get ps plus

I'm playing on 17 meg eircom (really 10) and I've had no issues with online play. 20 meg should be fine so long as you have good ping and its fairly stable with no drop out.

I'm playing on 17 meg eircom (really 10) and I've had no issues with online play. 20 meg should be fine so long as you have good ping and its fairly stable with no drop out.

Ah yea im sure playing online will be. More meant downloading the free games when they become bigger. Don't want to be waiting two days for games to download lol

Download speeds seem to be so much faster on PS4, for whatever reason.

• Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭tobothehobo

Ah yea im sure playing online will be. More meant downloading the free games when they become bigger. Don't want to be waiting two days for games to download lol

As said ps4 is much quicker at downloading than ps3

• Registered Users Posts: 2,354 ✭✭✭nocoverart

Was that you shot in the head today, nocoverart?

PSN: Snorkledork. :)

Blacklight? haha! small world. You owned me LOL.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,535 ✭✭✭✭Varik

It's slow going getting through rank 3 on war thunder.

nocoverart wrote: »
    Blacklight? haha! small world. You owned me LOL.

I got lucky. I was trying out a new "rented" gun. Had to abandon it, I was getting slaughtered apart from that one kill!

I love the game, though.

Just platinumed Resogun delighted, frustrated and sad.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

Zombie invasion has spread to the middle east

They can have their laugh when we're doing the same for petrol.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,296 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Fifa really is awesome on the ps4,I was level on points with united,last day of the season they drew I won in the last minute had a thrilling cup final where they won 4-3 though

It's the best FIFA since... The start of FIFA, really. So fluid and enjoyable now.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,417 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

wcarey1975 wrote: »
    Just platinumed Resogun delighted, frustrated and sad.....

I 1cced it there, hands are still stressed even though it wasn't that bad all in all (a life to spare, even!).

• Registered Users Posts: 721 ✭✭✭Pixelbastardo

Download speeds seem to be so much faster on PS4, for whatever reason.

Yes, its alot faster.

But theres a bug i get with dL'ing off psn on ps4 (iv noticed it on the ps3 afew times too). When i start the download its flying along, but then after 10 minutes it slows to a crawl until i restart the ps4 and router, then its flying again for another 10 minutes. (on ps3 id only have to sign out of psn and back in again to get the speed back)

Iv read about this issue from others too, maybe a psn bandwidht issue at peak hours or something.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,602 ✭✭✭jaffusmax

Only took me 40 mins to download war thunder with efibre! And BF4 600mb patch about 6mins :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement