Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS4 Megathread 2.0

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,535 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Something like this one?
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/FiiO-192KHz-Digital-Analog-Converter-Black/dp/B005PWPUW6/ref=pd_sim_computers_2
    I guess cheaper the better, while maintaining quality :o

While the PS4 is very good with outputting the audio format you want (PCM for the D3) and this will work with the D3 you might want to get the D7 which support Dolby Digital/DTS .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭astonaidan

Well pausing a download is alot more difficult that it should be :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

astonaidan wrote: »
    Well pausing a download is alot more difficult that it should be :mad:

You can pause downloads :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Kildare2005

198321 wrote: »
    is the PS store down again? it says Network Unavailable Please check you network connection.

They should at least come up with different error message if they cannot keep their services live for longer than a week ... (blaming my internet connection)
    Its ps4 Fault im Lost internet connection sometimes getting same msg like you. My router internet its fine ps3 stand next of ps4 and No issue at all hope this software update will fix this

• Registered Users Posts: 2,638 ✭✭✭deafroadrunner

any way to change what time the ps4 does the backup of your game files to the online storage?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭astonaidan

Mr Blobby wrote: »
    You can pause downloads :confused:
    Well pause is maybe the wrong word. if you disconnect from the internet then wait till it says error cannot download then they are paused and you can choose which youd rather download first

• Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭Fiddlex

Anyone know if buying the AC4 season pass from amazon.com will work with my Irish psn if I claim it with an american psn I made on my console?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,280 ✭✭✭Glico Man

Fiddlex wrote: »
    Anyone know if buying the AC4 season pass from amazon.com will work with my Irish psn if I claim it with an american psn I made on my console?

If the AC4 game you own is from America/Canada then yes, otherwise it won't work. DLC is region locked.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭aN.Droid

aaronh007 wrote: »
    If the AC4 game you own is from America/Canada then yes, otherwise it won't work. DLC is region locked.

PSN account has to be from that region too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,310 ✭✭✭spider_pig

could anyone answer this for me iv asked here before last week and got no where
    should my ps4 turn off with power save switched on and iv a game running
    meaning when iv walked away totally leaving it alone should it turn off?

it only turns off once there is no game running and iv walked away from it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

quick one for you folks, apologies as this question must have been asked a million times across the 2 threads but i only got my ps4 yesterday! I have to set up my PS plus account, what games are available at the moment - and what would you recommend (as in the ones you get as part of your sub) thanks! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

quick one for you folks, apologies as this question must have been asked a million times across the 2 threads but i only got my ps4 yesterday! I have to set up my PS plus account, what games are available at the moment - and what would you recommend (as in the ones you get as part of your sub) thanks! :)

Just Res0gun and Don't Starve on the PS4, both are very good games, Contrast was there as well, but got replaced with Don't Starve on Wednesday.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,298 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

and what would you recommend (as in the ones you get as part of your sub) thanks! :)
    Xenji wrote: »
    Just Res0gun and Don't Starve on the PS4, both are very good games,

And War Thunder, have spent more time on that game than the others.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

F1ngers wrote: »
    And War Thunder, have spent more time on that game than the others.

Same, haha. That and Assassin's Creed Black Flag. I have issues with the series, and I think they put out too many sequels and half sequels, but Black Flag is an incredible game.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

First PS4 platinum(first platinum at all actually :o ) in the bank :)

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭Dirk Hardpeck

So, I paid €64.99 for FIFA 14 and the game is terrible, not only that, but online 11v11 team play is gone and you can't even play online co-op with a buddy! I feel disgusted with myself. I'd feel a little bit better had I bought it second hand, I'd prefer to give my money the the lesser evil, Gamestop, rather than the incompetent EA.

:(

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Deep Down’s Panta Rhei engine to unlock “full potential” of PS4 & next-gen hardware

Capcom’s next-gen Panta Rhei engine was unveiled at Sony’s PS4 reveal over a year ago, and we’re yet to see the extent of its potential. It’s lucky then, that the company’s senior manager Masaru Ijuin has discussed the engine in a new blog post.
    This, understandably, means that Capcom developers will have to learn a new engine over again. But it will be worth it, Injuin continued, “Well, I’m afraid creators will have to start back at square one when they learn how develop games using ‘Panta Rhei’. Next-gen consoles have drastically redefined the way games are rendered. Conventional theories no longer work.

“If we create games the same way as before, we won’t be able to give our fans what they want, and that’s games unlike any they have ever played. We think we should view this new hardware as an opportunity to tackle new challenges.”

It’ll worth it in the end, Injuin feels, as he added, “Panta Rhei is designed to unlock the full potential of hardware and maximize the rendering power of next-gen consoles. It also reduces the iterations in developing games for next-gen consoles. To make games more exciting, we need to go through a process of trial and error, such as adjusting parameters and considering how games are played.

“The players of Deep down”will be surprised to see realistic fire rendered by fluids,” he continued. “Traditionally, fire is rendered by arranging a large number of so-called billboards, but this method fails to depict the motion of fire. We can now make fire look more realistic by using fluids and simulating the flow of the flames. Imagine a T junction at the end of a narrow corridor. The fire rendered through the use of billboards ends at the wall of the T junction. On the other hand, the fire rendered with fluids fans out to the left and right when it hits the wall.

“The effects staff were extremely excited when they discovered this was possible with Panta Rhei (laugh). I think this change will also affect different elements of gameplay. For example, in traditional games a player can run away to safety by turning at a T junction, but in the future that fire might actually chase them around the corner.”

http://www.vg247.com/2014/01/10/capcom-panta-rhei-engine-will-unlock-full-potential-of-ps4-xbox-one-deep-down-tech-explained/

• Registered Users Posts: 12 aor2405

I want to buy NBA 2K14 and I found that you can buy a digital code on the US amazon site for much less then buying it here. Has anyone done this before?. If so was there any problems or anything?. I know I have to create a US PSN account and all that so buying it isn't a problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,310 ✭✭✭spider_pig

aor2405 wrote: »
    I want to buy NBA 2K14 and I found that you can buy a digital code on the US amazon site for much less then buying it here. Has anyone done this before?. If so was there any problems or anything?. I know I have to create a US PSN account and all that so buying it isn't a problem.

It will work fine on your normal account games are not region locked for DLC you would have to buy the DLC for the region of the game

• Registered Users Posts: 12 aor2405

spider_pig wrote: »
    It will work fine on your normal account games are not region locked for DLC you would have to buy the DLC for the region of the game

Ok that's grand, just wanted to make sure before I bought it incase I was wasting my money. Cheers

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,575 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

I had a US BF4, I stupidly bought premium from my Irish account and it didn't work - ended up having to buy UK version of the game, swapping the disc over into IE box and trading that sucka like a hot snot....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,354 ✭✭✭nocoverart

So, I paid €64.99 for FIFA 14 and the game is terrible, not only that, but online 11v11 team play is gone and you can't even play online co-op with a buddy! I feel disgusted with myself. I'd feel a little bit better had I bought it second hand, I'd prefer to give my money the the lesser evil, Gamestop, rather than the incompetent EA.

:(

AH come on! the game is far from terrible, it might be more of the same but surely you knew that already

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

My dog ate the fecking controller charger cable....... FFS!!! :mad: They chewed up my 5.1 PC speaker cables few times and now this..... I know they are few quid on amazon, but I would preferto pick it up in Brick and Mortar. Do gamestop charge a kidney and a leg for one?

http://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/1064186/Trail/searchtext%3EMICRO+USB.htm

Even 9 quid seems criminal, though, but if yer stuck might be the best option.

They're probably about a euro on eBay.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,112 ✭✭✭✭ctrl-alt-delete

Delighted at how easy it was to get my tv remote to work on the ps4 for when I just want to use Netflix.

Grayditch wrote: »
    http://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/1064186/Trail/searchtext%3EMICRO+USB.htm

Even 9 quid seems criminal, though, but if yer stuck might be the best option.

They're probably about a euro on eBay.

Just ordered a micro usb cable of adverts for 4.5eu delivered. From small googling turns out you can use any android charger or micro usb to usb cable.

I have about 5 around the house from phones, blutooth speaker, graphics tablet.. ALL stupidly short, though. The PS4 one is a nice lenght.

Grayditch wrote: »
    I have about 5 around the house from phones, blutooth speaker, graphics tablet.. ALL stupidly short, though. The PS4 one is a nice lenght.

Aye, I know what you mean. I got two controllers, so hopefully I will just be charging one, while playing with another one. Still, got really pissed off when sow teeth marks. My two little bastard generally very good and dont chew stuff both one sometimes they just do such stupid stuff. What was really annying that that cable was in the same position since I got ps4 and they had zero interest in it up until today.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,261 ✭✭✭3rdDegree

Delighted at how easy it was to get my tv remote to work on the ps4 for when I just want to use Netflix.

Have you got a Sony TV?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,261 ✭✭✭3rdDegree

Have you got a Sony TV?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement