Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS4 Megathread 2.0

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭lexuslad

NFS rivals or the crew? Anyone play both?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,377 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

cloud493 wrote: »

Ah great. More games I played 9 months ago for my PS4, except I also played this one 14 years ago.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

Well final fantasy X came out in 2001. So unless you were extremely unlucky, I doubt you were playing this 14 years ago :)

• Registered Users Posts: 866 ✭✭✭LuckyFinigan

Has anyone else ever gotten the CE-34878-0 error code. Every time I boot up GTA it crashes and I get this code. It only started happening today.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

Same here, just got it 3 times in a row just now and came here to post it. Basically can't play the game at all now. It was fine until I got the 2.03 PS4 update. It's the disc version I'm trying to run but it crashes at the R* screen. I've sent 3 error reports to Sony.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,363 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Well final fantasy X came out in 2001. So unless you were extremely unlucky, I doubt you were playing this 14 years ago :)

I think he meant next year when it comes out it'll be 14 yrs since he played it

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,377 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I think he meant next year when it comes out it'll be 14 yrs since he played it

I wasn't counting but thanks :)

• Registered Users Posts: 19,193 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

Same here, just got it 3 times in a row just now and came here to post it. Basically can't play the game at all now. It was fine until I got the 2.03 PS4 update. It's the disc version I'm trying to run but it crashes at the R* screen. I've sent 3 error reports to Sony.

I just got this twice. Came here to see if it was a widespread problem. What the hell?

Edit: Works fine if you disconnect your PS4 from the internet

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,363 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    I wasn't counting but thanks :)

I got your back :cool: :p

Did you import ff 10 from the us when it came out first?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,534 ✭✭✭WarZoneBrother

Has anyone else ever gotten the CE-34878-0 error code. Every time I boot up GTA it crashes and I get this code. It only started happening today.

Yeah I just finished the download and getting this error message myself :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 866 ✭✭✭LuckyFinigan

Seems to be working for me now, don't know what that was about, could have been a issue with the R* servers.

• Registered Users Posts: 997 ✭✭✭Peppa Cig

Anyone one having problems downloading/installing PS4 Plants vs. Zombies that was free last weekend.

I have an install bar in the game that is at 90% for days. It literally goes up 1% per day or two....

• Registered Users Posts: 8,993 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

Peppa Cig wrote: »
    Anyone one having problems downloading/installing PS4 Plants vs. Zombies that was free last weekend.

I have an install bar in the game that is at 90% for days. It literally goes up 1% per day or two....

I'm the same, left it to download last night and only 1.4 gb was downloaded

I can play the game, kinda, but its just like going round killing zombies randomly, the loading is very slow.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,401 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

Nope, downloaded it yesterday, no problems.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,495 ✭✭✭✭guil

No problem downloading it the other day either.
    Has anyone got the crew yet and is it any good?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,766 ✭✭✭lertsnim

I had no problems downloading it the other night.

It's a fun game. Spent a half hour or so the other day playing it and certainly wont be saying anything bad about it, especially as it was free.

• Registered Users Posts: 997 ✭✭✭Peppa Cig

lertsnim wrote: »
    I had no problems downloading it the other night.

It's a fun game. Spent a half hour or so the other day playing it and certainly wont be saying anything bad about it, especially as it was free.

Might try deleting it and downloading again so.

Thanks all

I got your back :cool: :p

Did you import ff 10 from the us when it came out first?

Nope I don't think there were even chips then for the PS2 although I could be wrong. It was Suikoden 3 that sent me over the edge and forced me to get my PS2 chipped for imports and I remember it being very expensive and hard to find people thaty had to skill to install one.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,746 ✭✭✭irishmover

Anyone who is downloading PvZ are they doing through wireless? My download of that game months ago was slow through wireless and fast with Ethernet. Then I played the game through wireless and it lagged. Went back to Ethernet and gameplay was great.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,401 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

irishmover wrote: »
    Anyone who is downloading PvZ are they doing through wireless? My download of that game months ago was slow through wireless and fast with Ethernet. Then I played the game through wireless and it lagged. Went back to Ethernet and gameplay was great.

Wireless here.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Klone

I ran into the same issue with PvZ last night. Loaded up the game and it was stuck at 96% (or so it seemed). It just installs very slow. Took me around 2 hours to get to 100% on a wired connection!

Playstation Experience happened over the weekend, and many gamers were left wondering, "Where is the new Ratchet and Clank?" There are still a lot of misconceptions about the game, and while Insomniac Games may not have had any time on the material stage, they've taken to Twitter's virtual one to offer some tidbits of information regarding the upcoming title.

One fan tweeted at the developer, asking Insomniac if they could make a new Ratchet and Clank - not a remake - for the Playstation 4. Insomniac quickly informed the fan that the new Ratchet and Clank is a complete reimagining:

"It's a complete re-imagining. NOT a remake."

Another person asked why Insomniac wasn't going to release the game in Q1 of 2015. Apparently, the user thought that Insomniac had made a statement declaring that the game would be out in early 2015. Here's what they had to say:

"2015. We never said Q1"

Quite exciting to hear.

UPDATE 2, 11/12/2014: Square Enix has confirmed to VideoGamer.com that Final Fantasy X/X-2 HD Remaster will be available on PS4 in spring 2015 for £39.99.

The game will be available as both a digital and packaged product.

The title will also feature "system-exclusive features", but Square has yet to reveal what they may be.

And FF7 will be £13

• Registered Users Posts: 8,437 ✭✭✭RedXIV

And FF7 will be £13

This is ridiculous, I hope it tanks. Even when they moved ps1 games to ps3, they were a tenner each, this will probably be 15 here.

I love FF7 but this is a kick in the balls. I'd have been expecting it free as when I bought it on ps3 it worked on psp and visa too.

Its worth noting its only £8 on PSN as a PS1 classic. And its been on sale for half that a few times.

I wont be getting it unless theres trophies

• Registered Users Posts: 5,534 ✭✭✭WarZoneBrother

I wont be getting it unless theres trophies

There most likely will be trophies as the PC version has the achievements now to go with it so trophies should be included in the PS4 version... But even at that 15euro is a rip off just for a bunch of trophies, especially to those who own PS3 versions of the game and some even own PS3 and PC versions like myself... Highly doubt I will be getting this, the price tag just isn't worth it and feels like Square Enix just took a dump on their loyal customers...

I don't get why they don't have an upgrade programme, say €5, if you already own the ps3 version...It's already linked to your psn account so would be a doddle to implement.

On a side note, WZB, did you get your controller/headphone issue sorted?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,536 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Just finish off my digital FF collection with 3, not re-buying 7 now. Will try to play 3 over Christmas.

I didn't get 10/10-2 so I might this time around bup not at full price, would likea hd 12 as I didn't finish it.

They're seriously leaving money on the table, even the simplest remakes of the PS1 games would sell.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement