Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS4 Megathread 2.0

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,748 ✭✭✭rolexeagle1

Sky app just launched

• Registered Users Posts: 5,534 ✭✭✭WarZoneBrother

I don't get why they don't have an upgrade programme, say €5, if you already own the ps3 version...It's already linked to your psn account so would be a doddle to implement.

On a side note, WZB, did you get your controller/headphone issue sorted?

Nope going to get my mates headset this weekend and test it out... Won't have internet connection till tonight to try mess around with settings a little bit more and get it working... I just know now that it isn't my controller, but the headset appears to work on my phone so have no idea what's going on... Maybe the new update messed it up or something?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,363 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

There most likely will be trophies as the PC version has the achievements now to go with it so trophies should be included in the PS4 version... But even at that 15euro is a rip off just for a bunch of trophies, especially to those who own PS3 versions of the game and some even own PS3 and PC versions like myself... Highly doubt I will be getting this, the price tag just isn't worth it and feels like Square Enix just took a dump on their loyal customers...

I totally agree it is a rip off, I have it on vita but I'll still get regardless.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,401 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

Nope going to get my mates headset this weekend and test it out... Won't have internet connection till tonight to try mess around with settings a little bit more and get it working... I just know now that it isn't my controller, but the headset appears to work on my phone so have no idea what's going on... Maybe the new update messed it up or something?

Yeah, well when you tried a second controller and the same problem arose you pretty much ruled out the controller as the problem, it's unlikely to be the console but not impossible. Most likely it's the headset, or maybe a setting switched to the wrong option somewhere.

Yeah, well when you tried a second controller and the same problem arose you pretty much ruled out the controller as the problem, it's unlikely to be the console but not impossible. Most likely it's the headset, or maybe a setting switched to the wrong option somewhere.

I'll take some pics or something and see if someone here would have an easy fix.. The option to choose headset to be a mic has disappeared I think.. I'll know more when I get home though,,

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,401 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

I'll take some pics or something and see if someone here would have an easy fix.. The option to choose headset to be a mic has disappeared I think.. I'll know more when I get home though,,

Might be quickest to give sony a shout at this stage

Might be quickest to give sony a shout at this stage

Yeah might just have to do that next week...

I have completed the download for Plants vs Zombies but when I go in game to play it it keeps telling me an update is needed... I try downloading the update but nothing appears in my downloads... This game must be riddled with all sorts of bugs...

EDIT: Just going to uninstall update file and redownload and hope for the best... Another 3.38gb to download though..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

Borderlands remastered has been classified by the Australian classification board. Interesting to see if its all 3 games, or just the pre sequel.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

I'd love that, if only just for the Pre-Sequel as I have moved onto PS4 when it came out.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,536 ✭✭✭✭Varik

cloud493 wrote: »
    Borderlands remastered has been classified by the Australian classification board. Interesting to see if its all 3 games, or just the pre sequel.

Australia is quick on the ball, before the game is even announced they're trying ban it.

Considering the Vita version was cross save I hope this will be too, sounds like it's all three.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

Can't wait for this. This will show up Destiny as how you do an FPS/RPG loot game properly. Can't wait to get stuck into next gen Pandora. Great co-op game, tons of fun with Borderlands 1 and 2 on the 360.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

sugarman wrote: »
    When will they stop with all this remastered bull****!

When people stop buying them...

...so never.

sugarman wrote: »
    When will they stop with all this remastered bull****!! The games should be meant for their launch consoles, especially when they're being remade for next gen a few months later. I.e GTA 5.

But.. but.. Its shinier! *rolls eyes*

The reason for all this remastered stuff is because they took backwards compatability out of the PS4 and X1 or didn't put it in in the first place. I'm delighted with all this remastered stuff as I miss the old games already and want to play them again and online with friends that have moved to next gen most gamers don't keep their old consoles. I've traded in all my old games except for the classics but still have my Phat PS3 for Plus. I still own my top PS2 games to play on my PS3.

The launch PS3s and 360 could play most PS2 and Xbox games out of the box. BC is a big, big feature for me in a console.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 481 ✭✭anonyanony

The reason for all this remastered stuff is because they took backwards compatability out of the PS4 and X1 or didn't put it in in the first place. I'm delighted with all this remastered stuff as I miss the old games already and want to play them again. I've traded in all my old games except for the classics but still have my Phat PS3 for Plus.

The launch PS3s and 360 could play most PS2 and Xbox games out of the box.

Why not play them on your ps3 most of the remasters are less then a year old.

Really they are only doing it cause the ps4 and x1 have no actual games, really they should have just held back the consoles a year and beefed them up a bit instead like they are too low spec atm and any game that has come out has run like ****.

Cannot see these machines lasting more then 4-5 they are that underpowered

anonyanony wrote: »
    Why not play them on your ps3 most of the remasters are less then a year old.

Because the DS3 is a horrible controller that I only use if I have to.
    All of my online friends have jumped to next gen
    Allot of last gen games don't look great and have low/laggy frame rates.

Of course I will take the next gen option, its a no brainer as I'm big into my gaming experiences.

Because the DS3 is a horrible controller that I only use if I have to.
    All of my online friends have jumped to next gen
    Allot of last gen games don't look great and have low/laggy frame rates.

Of course I will take the next gen option, its a no brainer as I'm big into my gaming experiences.

So you spent €400 euro and €60 per game cause it looks slightly better, if you care that much about graphics and framerate why not skip the consoles and go straight to PC especially when the ps4 has trouble hitting even 30fps in games when it's new, it will only get worse from here.

The consoles should have been held back to this oct when some nextgen games are coming out at least, they could have improved the hardware and maybe games on the systems would not be a stuttering mess also re-releases would be maybe 18 months after the original and not 6.

I dont know how anyone can be rehyped to replay a game 6 months after it was just out. And the fact that people are happy when the company that sold the game originally said there would be no next gen version when they where obviously working on it so you would buy the same game twice in one year amazes me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,965 ✭✭✭jonerkinsella

So you spent €400 euro and €60 per game cause it looks slightly better, if you care that much about graphics and framerate why not skip the consoles and go straight to PC especially when the ps4 has trouble hitting even 30fps in games when it's new, it will only get worse from here.

The consoles should have been held back to this oct when some nextgen games are coming out at least, they could have improved the hardware and maybe games on the systems would not be a stuttering mess also re-releases would be maybe 18 months after the original and not 6.

I dont know how anyone can be rehyped to replay a game 6 months after it was just out. And the fact that people are happy when the company that sold the game originally said there would be no next gen version when they where obviously working on it so you would buy the same game twice in one year amazes me.

Troll alert :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 721 ✭✭✭Pixelbastardo

dafoe.gif

Troll alert :rolleyes:

? What have I said that was factually false?

*snip*

Did I log into neogaf by mistake rather then boards?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭lexuslad

Can someone post a link as to where they buy psn credit for their us account please?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

lexuslad wrote: »
    Can someone post a link as to where they buy psn credit for their us account please?

Amazon . com do digital codes. They are generated there and then. Plus, they email them to you as well

? What have I said that was factually false?

From what I read ...you stated opinion ...not fact.

Do you know the difference ?

From what I read ...you stated opinion ...not fact.

Do you know the difference ?

What of my opinion was factually false so to be called a troll.

What of my opinion was factually false so to be called a troll.

I guess you don't know the difference then.

I guess you don't know the difference then.

Explain in detail on how I was trolling with that post. Or is it just a word you throw around when you don't like things, refute the post if you think it is wrong.

Hate falling into trolls traps, I'm usually good at spotting them though.

Explain in detail on how I was trolling with that post. Or is it just a word you throw around when you don't like things, refute the post if you think it is wrong.

Back under your bridge now..Bye:rolleyes:

Back under your bridge now..Bye:rolleyes:

So if you don't like something and you cannot counter it you just call troll, great discussion ability.

If anything I say is wrong post something that shows otherwise.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭Benzino

I'm confused, how are his posts considered trolling?

What he is saying is true. Many people on here even said that the consoles were rushed out, that's been clear since day one. So far, none of the remastered games have offered anything extra that is worth a €50-€60 re-purchase, and I'm saying that as somebody who has re-purchased GTAV and TLOU.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement