Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS4 Megathread 2.0

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,401 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

Benzino wrote: »
    I'm confused, how are his posts considered trolling?

What he is saying is true. Many people on here even said that the consoles were rushed out, that's been clear since day one. So far, none of the remastered games have offered anything extra that is worth a €50-€60 re-purchase, and I'm saying that as somebody who has re-purchased GTAV and TLOU.

tlou remastered was worth every penny of the €45 I paid for it on the day of it's (re)launch. Your opinion and my opinion differ. Neither are more right than the other.

What's there to get about that?

• Registered Users Posts: 721 ✭✭✭Pixelbastardo

anonyanony wrote: »
    Did I log into neogaf by mistake rather then boards?

I highly doubt it, youd be banned within minutes.

• Registered Users Posts: 721 ✭✭✭Pixelbastardo

sugarman wrote: »
    When will they stop with all this remastered bull****!! The games should be meant for their launch consoles, especially when they're being remade for next gen a few months later. I.e GTA 5.

But.. but.. Its shinier! *rolls eyes*

If you dont want it, dont buy it. Its simple really.
    Year one into a new gen and what exactly are you expecting ? Probably one of the best first years for any generation, certainly better than last gen year one. And next year is gonna be sweet.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭Benzino

tlou remastered was worth every penny of the €45 I paid for it on the day of it's (re)launch. Your opinion and my opinion differ. Neither are more right than the other.

Well obviously it's our opinions, there is no definite answer to such questions, surely that goes without saying.
    What's there to get about that?

:confused: Erm, how about why his posts are considered trolling? Which was the whole point of the post you quoted :confused:

Seriously, did I miss an edit or something? How is his posts considered trolling? He is just stating his opinion, an opinion in which some will agree and others will disagree, which he is fully entitled to do.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Fuzzy_Dunlop

The remaster of TLOU anyway also offered converts from xbox like me to play it, which I am very happy about

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭Benzino

Let me just clarify, I think the remasters are great for people who didn't play it the first time, but, so far at least and in my opinion ;), they do not offer value for money for people who own the original, un-mastered copy, regardless of how good the original game was (which is very very good in the case of TLOU). Stating such a thing should not be considered trolling in my opinion, but I'll leave it there.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,401 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

Benzino wrote: »
    :confused: Erm, how about why his posts are considered trolling? Which was the whole point of the post you quoted :confused:

Seriously, did I miss an edit or something? How is his posts considered trolling? He is just stating his opinion, an opinion in which some will agree and others will disagree, which he is fully entitled to do.

I never claimed the other poster was trolling :confused: I don't particularly give a fuck about that non-issue as I was taking about remastered games (the other point of the post you posted)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

At least some of the remasters offer something extra like the Left Behind story DLC at a reduced price for the overall package.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

I'm not actually sick of remasters, I just don't care about borderlands/sleeping dogs. Or certainly, recent stuff. I mean there was barely a year between GTA5 on PS3 and PS4, and I do enjoy the improvements and the dual shock 4 usage, it doesn't feel like a significant upgrade.

Uncharted and ratchet & clank please :)

cloud493 wrote: »
    I'm not actually sick of remasters, I just don't care about borderlands/sleeping dogs. Or certainly, recent stuff. I mean there was barely a year between GTA5 on PS3 and PS4, and I do enjoy the improvements and the dual shock 4 usage, it doesn't feel like a significant upgrade.

Why not all?

That way you can be happy and so can everyone else.

Less worrying about what others enjoy please :cool:

• Advertisement

Eh, people can enjoy whatever they please. I mean I'd never pay €70+ for a FIFA game, but if people enjoy it, whatever.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

cloud493 wrote: »

Insomnaic are doing a reimagining of the first Ratchet and Clank game.

Or at least thats how they worded it. I think we all thought they were just making a prettier version but apparently not.

Yeah I meant the future series :p Crack in time and tools of destruction are brilliant, shame tools was never patched for trophies.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,965 ✭✭✭jonerkinsella

anonyanony wrote: »
    So you spent €400 euro and €60 per game cause it looks slightly better, if you care that much about graphics and framerate why not skip the consoles and go straight to PC especially when the ps4 has trouble hitting even 30fps in games when it's new, it will only get worse from here.

The consoles should have been held back to this oct when some nextgen games are coming out at least, they could have improved the hardware and maybe games on the systems would not be a stuttering mess also re-releases would be maybe 18 months after the original and not 6.

I dont know how anyone can be rehyped to replay a game 6 months after it was just out. And the fact that people are happy when the company that sold the game originally said there would be no next gen version when they where obviously working on it so you would buy the same game twice in one year amazes me.

Lads...just to clarify... If the above post is nothing more than an opinionated troll post then please enlighten me to what is.

???

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,377 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

It was inevitable that the PS4 would have a terrible first year. The WiiU had as well and is now coming into it's own in it's second year. The Xbox One has had a better year than the PS4 but only slightly and it was still a very poor year overall. Since year zip all consoles have had a shaky first year before finding there feet with a more consistent release of good games. The only difference now is there wasn't any launch games that defined each console but it's been that way for a long time.

Basically PS4 has a poor first year, in other news bear seen ****ting in the woods.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,830 ✭✭✭✭Taltos

You know, it hasn't been all that poor. PS+ has been a bit off but there have been some really good games there or at least tasters of what's ahead of us.
    Some of those indies (which I used to hate) have swung me around, and in terms of the vita and how they integrate I am loving it. I know some of the good games this year are re-releases but for those that aren't eg Wolfenstein there some some great ones - eg Wolfenstein, nearly time for me to replay that now :)

Really looking forwards to 2015 now though, want to get some really good A+ games, but hope that Sony do something fairly fast about the price differential that has opened up.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,577 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

I wouldn't say my first year with PS4 was bad, in fact I would say the opposite - I had a great first year with the machine - I knew what games I mainly wanted on it, and ended up with a few more that I didn't think I wanted!

I had a PS3 still up until about 3 or 4 months ago but it wasn't getting used other than GTA and a few other games so I got rid of it then....

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

It's fair to say it hasn't been an outstanding year but it really is an exaggeration to say it's been terrible.

There are a huge variety of games out that there has to be something there for everyone.

I will agree, in terms of exclusives, it is lacking.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,965 ✭✭✭jonerkinsella

Driveclub was a massive letdown for Sony. I actually bought a launch console looking forward to DC. Other than that , My son hasn't stopped all year with BF4 ,Destiny and now AW . I loved Wolfenstein ...my game of the year so far. I'm a Driving game fan ,so I'm looking forward to Project cars now ,and I hope it lives up to the game its made out to be.

I'm playing FC4 on my PC for now .

• Registered Users Posts: 5,534 ✭✭✭WarZoneBrother

Played a small bit of Plants vs Zombies there pretty decent game... Wish there was an offline mode though...

Also controller arrived that I had to get sent away got brand new one took about a week and 2-3 days to arrive..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,830 ✭✭✭✭Taltos

Actually finding PvZ a bit boring?
    Maybe I'm doing something wrong, just wandering about as Pea Shooter, found the
    hidden Ice Ape
    , but just not sure on this one at all.

Taltos wrote: »
    Actually finding PvZ a bit boring?
    Maybe I'm doing something wrong, just wandering about as Pea Shooter, found the
    hidden Ice Ape
    , but just not sure on this one at all.

You must not have the game fully installed?... If you have it half installed you get to wander about and check out the characters, barely any zombies come at you... But when it fully installed you play online with a group of people and you each kill waves of zombies with bosses added also...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭MarkY91

my cousin has a ps4 since launch. he said it got knocked over and he couldnt receive a picture so i checked it out and realised his hdmi port is all bent so obviously no signal is being brought to the tv. what can we do? parents said they cant find no receipt..any ideas?

MarkY91 wrote: »
    my cousin has a ps4 since launch. he said it got knocked over and he couldnt receive a picture so i checked it out and realised his hdmi port is all bent so obviously no signal is being brought to the tv. what can we do? parents said they cant find no receipt..any ideas?

Receipt doesn't matter a bit, it's accidental damage so not covered by warranty. If it is still under warranty I'd only let Sony fix it (it will cost you).

• Registered Users Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

Just got around to playing SteamWorld Dig. I completed it today. Fantastically addictive game.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,377 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

tok9 wrote: »
    It's fair to say it hasn't been an outstanding year but it really is an exaggeration to say it's been terrible.

There are a huge variety of games out that there has to be something there for everyone.

When you realise most of those games are available on other formats then the ps4 does seem really bad in its first year. I've a decent PC and really the ps4 just doesn't hav the exclusives to make it worth even turning on. However I did expect this when I bought it, it's the same for every console.

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    When you realise most of those games are available on other formats then the ps4 does seem really bad in its first year. I've a decent PC and really the ps4 just doesn't hav the exclusives to make it worth even turning on. However I did expect this when I bought it, it's the same for every console.

I'm the opposite...My laptop can run Tomb Raider and Metro Redux perfect, I own both but never really played them.. Purchased them on PS4 and completed tomb raider within the week.. I find console gaming so much better than PC gaming so even if I own the game on PC I will most likely buy on PS4..

Also even with dual shock 4 connected to laptop I still find console gaming better.. Will probably even pick up Saints Row 4 on PS4 as I just can't be bothered playing games on laptop anymore, apart from CSGO..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 481 ✭✭anonyanony

I'm the opposite...My laptop can run Tomb Raider and Metro Redux perfect, I own both but never really played them.. Purchased them on PS4 and completed tomb raider within the week.. I find console gaming so much better than PC gaming so even if I own the game on PC I will most likely buy on PS4..

Also even with dual shock 4 connected to laptop I still find console gaming better.. Will probably even pick up Saints Row 4 on PS4 as I just can't be bothered playing games on laptop anymore, apart from CSGO..

If you connect the PC to your TV and use the DS4 what do find different that makes the PS4 feel better, the game usually has the same comfy sitting on the couch the game just has a higher internal resolution and better fps.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,301 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

Enough PC/laptop talk, use the pc forum for that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,212 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

Any good deals out there for a ps4 or a ps4 and vita set?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement