Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS4 Megathread 2.0

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Any good deals out there for a ps4 or a ps4 and vita set?

Argos my Kildare friend. €399 for a white PS4 with GTA V, Far Cry 2 and The Last Of Us Remastered. It's a super deal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,429 ✭✭✭Kenjataimu

Any good deals around for a ps4 controller.

I got one online but the vibration motor is like its loose so I'm gonna return it and get a refund.
    I'm in no rush as its my second controller.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    When you realise most of those games are available on other formats then the ps4 does seem really bad in its first year. I've a decent PC and really the ps4 just doesn't hav the exclusives to make it worth even turning on. However I did expect this when I bought it, it's the same for every console.

You removed the part of my quote where I said it was lacking exclusives. It's not really a surprise that would be lacking in the first year.

But just because a lot of the games are on other systems it doesn't mean those games shouldn't be counted.

Not everyone owns more than one console.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Fuzzy_Dunlop

Proco Jr. wrote: »
    Any good deals around for a ps4 controller.

I got one online but the vibration motor is like its loose so I'm gonna return it and get a refund.
    I'm in no rush as its my second controller.

Think Argos has them for 50 maybe?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,429 ✭✭✭Kenjataimu

Think Argos has them for 50 maybe?

I thought so too but they seem to have gone back up.

Black controllers are 68.99 while the blue & red ones are 59.99

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,042 ✭✭✭zl1whqvjs75cdy

So what are we all looking forward to game wise for the PS4 next year? Trying to convince myself to buy one. (It won't take much convincing).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 481 ✭✭anonyanony

So what are we all looking forward to game wise for the PS4 next year? Trying to convince myself to buy one. (It won't take much convincing).

Next year has a lot of great games coming it should be a good year, but if you are thinking of games you can get only on ps4 I think bloodbrone is the only one, so if you love the souls series a ps4 might make the most sense, if not check the other options if they might have other exclusives that might suit you better if their exclusives are not for you then just pick whatever one your friends have

Off the top of my head, I'm most interested in:

Bloodborne
    MGS 5
    No Man's Sky
    Uncharted 4
    The Witness
    The Witcher 3
    Batman Arkham Knight
    Persona 5
    Evolve

Keeping an eye on:

The Tomorrow Children
    The Order 1886
    The Division
    Until Dawn

Plenty of Indie games I'm interested in too. I'll add more as I think of games :P

Edit:
    Rime
    Everybody's gone to the Rapture

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

Dying Light
    Resident Evil remastered HD remake.
    Grim Fandango
    Project Cars
    Final Fantasy 15

Dying Light
    Resident Evil remastered HD remake.
    Grim Fandango
    Project Cars
    Final Fantasy 15

Is FFXV definitely next year?

• Advertisement

anonyanony wrote: »

Well, for Japan anyway. Probably early/mid 2016 here hopefully. There will be a demo of 15 included with the Day One versions of Type 0 when it's released in March.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,437 ✭✭✭RedXIV

It's scheduled for next year but if there was ever a series who couldn't be relied upon for a release date, it's final fantasy

• Registered Users Posts: 8,280 ✭✭✭Glico Man

tok9 wrote: »
    Off the top of my head, I'm most interested in:

Persona 5

:)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,534 ✭✭✭WarZoneBrother

Only things I am really interested in so far is:

Uncharted 4
    Rise of the Tomb Raider
    Saints Row IV
    Resident Evil Remastered
    Batman Arkham Knight

Will probably look at other games closer to their launch dates... Really am looking forward to Saints Row 4 though and currently about 45euro on Zavvi (well when I last checked it was)... My hard drive is already full and I only have PS4 like a month :( ... Well like 49GB left but that will be gone when I finally decide to put Metro Redux in... All the games I have I want to play at various different times also, may try to Platinum Tomb Raider then delete it..

aaronh007 wrote: »

Give me a Vita version :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

Sony exclusives alone next year, I'l be buying

Ratchet & clank
    The order 1886
    Uncharted
    Until dawn
    Bloodborne
    Persona 5
    Batman arkham knight
    Resident evil remastered
    Resident evil revelations 2
    Final fantasy Type - 0
    Final Fantasy X/X2
    No mans sky
    MGS5
    Saints row
    The uncharted remastered collection when that inevitably happens
    Super stardust
    Homefront revolution

Mmmmm gaming

• Registered Users Posts: 5 tigers

aaronh007 wrote: »

It'll be a miracle if europe get this next year. I've a feeling we'll be waiting a few months for localisation. I had to pick up a PS4 just in case though. It's probably the one game I'll NEED to play at launch.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,377 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I'd love if Gust announced the start of a new Atelier trilogy on PS4

Only things I am really interested in so far is:
    Rise of the Tomb Raider..

You better get a Xbone or PC for that because it is a full MS exclusive now no longer a timed exclusive as first announced.

That's a big f u from Square Enix.:mad:

You better get a Xbone or PC for that because it is a full MS exclusive now no longer a timed exclusive as first announced.

That's not true, it's a timed exclusive.

It'll published on PC and PS4 by Square Enix.

• Advertisement

That's not true, it's a timed exclusive.

It'll published on PC and PS4 by Square Enix.

No it got moved to full microsoft exclusive recently, hopefully that means PC also

• Registered Users Posts: 12,536 ✭✭✭✭Varik

No it got moved to full microsoft exclusive recently, hopefully that means PC also

Only announced it's being published by MS on xbox, PC is still SE and no there's been no announcement of it no longer only being a timed exclusive.

Varik wrote: »
    Only announced it's being published by MS on xbox, PC is still SE and no there's been no announcement of it no longer only being a timed exclusive.

Does that mean there is a good chance bloodbrone is timed too and pc and x1 will get it published by from software.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,536 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Does that mean there is a good chance bloodbrone is timed too and pc and x1 will get it published by from software.

Considering Sony bank rolled it, they own the IP and it's been stated as a full exclusive time and time again unlike Tomb raider there's no chance.

Varik wrote: »
    Considering Sony bank rolled it, they own the IP and it's been stated as a full exclusive time and time again unlike Tomb raider there's no chance.

I would say it's a good as chance as tomb raider after the last press release about tomb raider

Tomb Raider is a timed exclusive, this has already been confirmed.

Bloodborne is as likely to be on Xbox One as Demon Souls is likely to be on an Xbox platform.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,534 ✭✭✭WarZoneBrother

I despise Microsoft I will not purchase there console for this game.. Even though I really want to play.. Steam also don't get me started, valve have literally the worst security ever... They think it is great but I have loads of different reasons as to why it isn't.. I would rather wait a year and pay 2 times more than the PC version just to have it on ps4...

I don't think we can talk about PC and Xbox here though.. But I for one will await the 6-12 month period to play on ps4.. I don't understand why they went with Xbox though as I feel playstation have supported them so much more, without playstation tomb raider would not exist...

Clearly it is all about money...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,280 ✭✭✭Glico Man

tigers wrote: »
    It'll be a miracle if europe get this next year. I've a feeling we'll be waiting a few months for localisation. I had to pick up a PS4 just in case though. It's probably the one game I'll NEED to play at launch.

Can always import from the States, or from their neighbours up north VG+. That's my plan at least, mainly because my Japanese isn't even close to the level required to play the naturalised version. I'd think I'm throwing out a Megidolaon yet I'm using a meagre Agi or Bufu spell... or worse...

Tomb Raider is a timed exclusive, this has already been confirmed.

Bloodborne is as likely to be on Xbox One as Demon Souls is likely to be on an Xbox platform.

That was before the recent press release and microsoft publishing, microsoft put more money into recently the timed part is gone or needs to be reconfirmed but it's preety much now guaranteed full exclusive or console exclusive , I hope they allow a pc version like sf5 from capcom I don't wan't to buy an x1

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,774 ✭✭✭cadete

That was before the recent press release and microsoft publishing, microsoft put more money into recently the timed part is gone or needs to be reconfirmed but it's preety much now guaranteed full exclusive or console exclusive , I hope they allow a pc version like sf5 from capcom I don't wan't to buy an x1

Timed exclusive, clarified here, http://m.ign.com/articles/2014/12/09/rise-of-the-tomb-raider-is-being-published-by-microsoft

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement