Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS4 Megathread 2.0

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 853 ✭✭✭EDDIE WATERS

DeSelby83 wrote: »
    Im tempted by the cod aw price on the us store at the moment. How does it play now that its been out almost 2 months, any hackers or big issues with it or have things been ironed out? Last cod i played before ghosts(poor game) was black ops which i loved

COD AW is a solid game I found much better than ghosts but it could hold my attention for very long.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,495 ✭✭✭✭guil

I'm tempted by it as well. Haven't enjoyed a cod since the first modern warfare.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,301 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

DeSelby83 wrote: »
    Im tempted by the cod aw price on the us store at the moment. How does it play now that its been out almost 2 months, any hackers or big issues with it or have things been ironed out? Last cod i played before ghosts(poor game) was black ops which i loved

I've only noticed one time where a player jumped "out" of the map and was killing people with impunity.

That's me with the rocket launcher...:P
    Tried to enter the same place and can't.

Other than that it plays well and I enjoy it for what it is - detach brain and run around shooting/dying.

• Registered Users Posts: 869 ✭✭✭pedatron

One game to buy that will do me for Christmas? What do people think? Between Shadow Of Mordor and GTA V..... or something else?

• Registered Users Posts: 38 KevinMunster12

GTA if you havent played it before!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,437 ✭✭✭RedXIV

100% this. If you played it on the PS3, probably not, but if you have't, definitely get it

Yeah I have you see. Should have mentioned that! I will be purchasing again though. Think I'd get more out of a totally new game. I may just buy both. feck it! :P

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

Dragon Age seems to be getting a lot of buzz. I've only played a tiny bit of Shadow of Mordor so I can't help on either.

Far Cry 4 is great. Spent 40 hours with it and platinumed it.

tok9 wrote: »
    Dragon Age seems to be getting a lot of buzz. I've only played a tiny bit of Shadow of Mordor so I can't help on either.

Far Cry 4 is great. Spent 40 hours with it and platinumed it.

Far Cry 4 a great shout. Went for Mordor as it was cheap on Amazon. Far cry still a bit steep for me. I'll wait it out a bit longer

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,363 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

+ 1 Far cry 4

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Lads, I'm opening my PS4 this weekend to set it up for Xmas but my broadband is down and may not be working for a couple of weeks. Other than not being able to get online, will this effect me adversely at all?

Games I have are GTA V, Far Cry 4 and The Last of Us for myself and Lego Marvel Superheroes and Rayman 2 for my little lad.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,952 ✭✭✭JamboMac

Lemlin wrote: »
    Lads, I'm opening my PS4 this weekend to set it up for Xmas but my broadband is down and may not be working for a couple of weeks. Other than not being able to get online, will this effect me adversely at all?

Games I have are GTA V, Far Cry 4 and The Last of Us for myself and Lego Marvel Superheroes and Rayman 2 for my little lad.

No the Lego superheroes is great craic,GTAV is alright I'm not as big a fan as everybody else seems to be. I'm sure far cry online would be great fun, but the storyline should easily keep you entertained.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭MitchKoobski

Here lads, did anybody recieve €9 credit from Playstation to their PSN account around the 12th of December?

My transactions are showing a system credit of €5 and €4 put on my account on that day. Any ideas?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

The trophy list for beyond two souls PS4 has leaked. Don't know why they don't just announce it.

http://www.exophase.com/game/beyond-two-souls-ps4/trophies/

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Everything you hear about Sony over the next year will probably be a leak.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Has anyone bought the PS TV box and is it any good?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 481 ✭✭anonyanony

cloud493 wrote: »
    The trophy list for beyond two souls PS4 has leaked. Don't know why they don't just announce it.

http://www.exophase.com/game/beyond-two-souls-ps4/trophies/

Cause another release of a new game from last gen doesn't do their image good, it's not even a good game.

The ps4 has the image of the rehash console.

JamboMac wrote: »
    No the Lego superheroes is great craic,GTAV is alright I'm not as big a fan as everybody else seems to be. I'm sure far cry online would be great fun, but the storyline should easily keep you entertained.

Cheers. Turns out the problem is a line down in the area so hopefully they'll have it fixed today.

Does anyone know what trial PSN period I get in the box? I've heard 14 days or a month mentioned.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,317 ✭✭✭CombatCow

Mc Love wrote: »
    Has anyone bought the PS TV box and is it any good?

Yeah got it from videogamesplus.ca for €66 delivered on black friday, i played the binding of isaac and tried destiny via remote play, both were excellent, I wanna finish killzone mercenary on it with the DS4 as I thought it was a bit of a pain to play on vita.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,276 ✭✭✭readyletsgo

anonyanony wrote: »
    Cause another release of a new game from last gen doesn't do their image good, it's not even a good game.

The ps4 has the image of the rehash console.

God it really is!

Beyond doesn't deserve a rerelease at all. It looked pretty an all but Christ it was boring for the most part.

Hope this rehash trend disappears real soon!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 746 ✭✭✭eamondunphy

Order the playstation TV on black Friday from videogamesplus, still hasn't arrived yet

• Registered Users Posts: 727 ✭✭✭Muirshin Durkin

This might be s stupid question, but psTV, do you get free games with it, or does it just enable remote play for the ps4 etc.?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,437 ✭✭✭RedXIV

Just occurred to me that I bought a ps TV for myself for Christmas and didn't get a memory card for it :( to Amazon!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,317 ✭✭✭CombatCow

yeah there is 1GB of internal memory so you can download one or two things, it doesn't come with any free games if you just buy the standard pack. You can play a lot of the vita and PS+ games on it no problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭Batesy

Cheers. Turns out the problem is a line down in the area so hopefully they'll have it fixed today.

Does anyone know what trial PSN period I get in the box? I've heard 14 days or a month mentioned.

I think there is a 14 day trial included alright but remember it only works for 1st time subscribers to PS+ so if you've ever had a deal on PS3 even it doesn't work.

Batesy wrote: »
    I think there is a 14 day trial included alright but remember it only works for 1st time subscribers to PS+ so if you've ever had a deal on PS3 even it doesn't work.

Suits me so because the last Playstation I had was a PS2. I had a 360 then, turned to the dark side :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭Batesy

Suits me so because the last Playstation I had was a PS2. I had a 360 then, turned to the dark side :eek:

Sorted so. I got stung last year thinking I had 14 days to come up with another €50 for PS+ after giving Xtravision circa €550 already for console and games!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,318 ✭✭✭padair

This might be s stupid question, but psTV, do you get free games with it, or does it just enable remote play for the ps4 etc.?

You can remote play the PS4 but you can also play playstation vita games on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 727 ✭✭✭Muirshin Durkin

Cheers for the replies lads

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭MarkY91

so i have assassins creed: unity coming in the post for monday as a little present for myself. ive waited this long as the reviews and bugs seemed horrible and i couldnt justify payng 65 for it. what is it like now with all the patches? and how is the game in general?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement