Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS4 Megathread 2.0

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭TrustedApple

MarkY91 wrote: »
    so i have assassins creed: unity coming in the post for monday as a little present for myself. ive waited this long as the reviews and bugs seemed horrible and i couldnt justify payng 65 for it. what is it like now with all the patches? and how is the game in general?

One word still broking after all these updates I think the game is in fixable. Only used it up to the last update but had to give it up thanks to the frame rate drops and countless random problems I just can't get into it.

• Registered Users Posts: 721 ✭✭✭Pixelbastardo

MarkY91 wrote: »
    so i have assassins creed: unity coming in the post for monday as a little present for myself. ive waited this long as the reviews and bugs seemed horrible and i couldnt justify payng 65 for it. what is it like now with all the patches? and how is the game in general?

I've been enjoying it, favorite since AC2. The framerate isnt too bad, its the pop-in that annoys me.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭MarkY91

ah it will just have to do. ive completed every single one and theyre just amazing games to get into. ill choose to ignore random pop ins and all for the sake of my fondness to AC :D

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,363 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Trying to download the 7 gig patch for unity and its taking ages

• Registered Users Posts: 10,212 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

Hi lads any good deals on ps4 at moment?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,415 ✭✭✭.G.

Hi lads any good deals on ps4 at moment?

To buy the console? Argos have it with 4 games for 399.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,573 ✭✭✭DeSelby83

Is Call of Duty Advanced Warfare cross buy on ps3 and ps4? Its in the 12 days of christmas deal and it is set at different prices for ps3 and ps4

DeSelby83 wrote: »
    Is Call of Duty Advanced Warfare cross buy on ps3 and ps4? Its in the 12 days of christmas deal and it is set at different prices for ps3 and ps4

Nope its not cross buy at all. PS4 has a few things that the PS3 dosint i think.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,342 ✭✭✭Sean Quagmire

hi all,

I caved and purchased driveclub on PSN and it is completely rubbish (just a warning for guys on the fence about it). I'd live with that only for the fact that the game keeps crashing with various error numbers coming up. its fully up to date but is just unplayable.

How do i go about getting a refund on this?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,390 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

hi all,

I caved and purchased driveclub on PSN and it is completely rubbish (just a warning for guys on the fence about it). I'd live with that only for the fact that the game keeps crashing with various error numbers coming up. its fully up to date but is just unplayable.

Unfortunatly, there is 0% chance you will get a refund on any digital purchase, unless it just flat out won't start up.

• Advertisement

hi all,

Have you delated it and re downloaded it again ?. As there might be a problem with the install on the PS4 or delate the updates and re Downlaod them

• Registered Users Posts: 5,415 ✭✭✭.G.

Yeah its very clear in the T&C's no refunds for digital items.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,965 ✭✭✭jonerkinsella

hi all,

The game is a steaming pile of donkey $h1t. I made sure I got it on disc just in case ...I sold it fairly quick after doing the offline part of it and only lost about €10 at most.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,536 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Messaging seems to be actually working lately, it's still slow but you only need to wait a moment now.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,534 ✭✭✭WarZoneBrother

I am still mind blown about these download speeds while PS4 is powered on fully... Every single time I want to download something, in order to get decent speeds I need to go to rest mode... I played about 2 hours of Tomb Raider while trying to download a 300 or 500mb file for Killzone to play online... Must have only downloaded 100mb while I was playing, but even though I was in game if I exited the speeds would have been the same... At least if it was PS3 the download would pause in game on an online game... But seriously how does it take so long to download a game nowadays while in a game, online or offline... Even downloading through main menu takes forever and it is taking me ages to load up PS Store lately so I have to use laptop to add my downloads..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

Anyone know the best price for tombraider?

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭Capslock

Tomb raider is 21 pounds sterling new on Amazon.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,317 ✭✭✭CombatCow

I am still mind blown about these download speeds while PS4 is powered on fully... Every single time I want to download something, in order to get decent speeds I need to go to rest mode... I played about 2 hours of Tomb Raider while trying to download a 300 or 500mb file for Killzone to play online... Must have only downloaded 100mb while I was playing, but even though I was in game if I exited the speeds would have been the same... At least if it was PS3 the download would pause in game on an online game... But seriously how does it take so long to download a game nowadays while in a game, online or offline... Even downloading through main menu takes forever and it is taking me ages to load up PS Store lately so I have to use laptop to add my downloads..

I downloaded farcry 4 last night from psn, 24gb, took 2-3 hours.... I'm on 100Mb upc and get 40-60 Mbps from the ps4 connection test.

• Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭WeHaveToGoBack

CombatCow wrote: »
    I downloaded farcry 4 last night from psn, 24gb, took 2-3 hours.... I'm on 100Mb upc and get 40-60 Mbps from the ps4 connection test.

It took me two days straight to download Need For Speed :/

hi all,

Ffs lads you need to learn your consumer rights

• Advertisement

Do all discounts games on ps4 have to download or install to the console?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,534 ✭✭✭WarZoneBrother

CombatCow wrote: »

I haven't great speeds maybe 8mb but still I should be downloading alot faster... There definately is a massive increase when downloading through safe mode... I maybe get like 50-100kb/s normal then in safe mode about 400-500kb/s..

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,377 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Speed seems to be rubbish on peak times and weekends. Had a weekend a while ago where I turned the PS4 on and it was the end of the weekend before it had finished installing updates. It reminded me why I leave it in my parents.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,642 ✭✭✭Luap

Whats the best of the racing sims. The Crew Driveclub, Rivals? Or all crap?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,764 ✭✭✭mickstupp

Luap wrote: »
    Whats the best of the racing sims. The Crew Driveclub, Rivals? Or all crap?
    Don't think the word 'sim' applies to any of those games.
    But in any case, I'd been really interested in Driveclub until the great kerfuffle. Though I've heard it said it's got some amazing weather effects. The Crew seemed not to do so well in reviews. Alright, but not great? I know nothing about NFS Rivals.
    I'm not really into open world (ish) racers. Prefer tracks.
    Actually, I'd love either an F1 game for the system, or a proper rally game, none of that Dirt muck.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,429 ✭✭✭Kenjataimu

mickstupp wrote: »
    Actually, I'd love either an F1 game for the system, or a proper rally game, none of that Dirt muck.

I'd love a decent rally game, not just wrc but other classes as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,318 ✭✭✭padair

mickstupp wrote: »
    Don't think the word 'sim' applies to any of those games.
    But in any case, I'd been really interested in Driveclub until the great kerfuffle. Though I've heard it said it's got some amazing weather effects. The Crew seemed not to do so well in reviews. Alright, but not great? I know nothing about NFS Rivals.
    I'm not really into open world (ish) racers. Prefer tracks.

Should weather affects be a reason to buy a driving game? Not for me.

If they we selling the fact that it has great driving mechanics I would buy. They are just trying to distract from the fact that it is a turd with all the weather nonsense.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,770 ✭✭✭jimmytwotimes 2013

Anyone know when an F1 game is scheduled for release? I would guess two/three months into the next season.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,746 ✭✭✭irishmover

Anyone know when an F1 game is scheduled for release? I would guess two/three months into the next season.

No schedule. 2014 just released in October on last gen but Codemasters said they would like to release 2015 earlier in the season.

http://m.digitalspy.com.au/gaming/news/a587684/f1-2014-unveiled-franchise-will-debut-on-ps4-xbox-one-in-2015.html#~oZgCEHTnRY9IT6

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭harpstilidie

Project Cars which is out in the new year sometime sounds very promising. Check it out!

Just got a PS4 and always enjoyed driving games so going to wait for it.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement