Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS4 Megathread 2.0

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 359 ✭✭SharpCoder

project cars will be nice, some videos to showcase it..

• Registered Users Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭MarkY91

so i played assassins creed unity. i waited until the updates were done so ive no idea what its like before them but up until now, i am yet to have a single problem. more of the same but isnt that why we buy them games? the cutscene graphics are amazing. probably my favourite next gen to date!

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Hi lads,

Do you know of the best price/bundle on PS4's at the moment please? I know there was an excellent Argos one for €399 with 4 games, but unfortunately bits of pieces of the bundle are sold out in the Argos' in my locality and in any case the deal ends tonight as far as I know.

The best I can see elsewhere is a PS4 and game (GTA V, Drive Club, FIFA appear to be the popular bundles) for €399. Is that the best I could realistically hope to do? Thanks. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,415 ✭✭✭.G.

Paully D wrote: »
    Hi lads,

Do you know of the best price/bundle on PS4's at the moment please? I know there was an excellent Argos one for €399 with 4 games, but unfortunately bits of pieces of the bundle are sold out in the Argos' in my locality and in any case the deal ends tonight as far as I know.

The best I can see elsewhere is a PS4 and game (GTA V, Drive Club, FIFA appear to be the popular bundles) for €399. Is that the best I could realistically hope to do? Thanks. :)

Use checkargos.com to check for stock of the PS4 and the 4 games and see if anywhere has all 5 items. Check about an hour after stores close cos thats when online stock updates happen. Not sure what time they close at tonight, probably 9. The deal is valid until close of business tomorrow but I wouldn't fret, they'll most likely have another deal after christmas. I bought a PS4 and 3 games last week for 399 and as soon as that deal ended they started this one.

EDIT: some stores closing at 10, some at 9 so I'd keep checking for stock tonight for a couple of hours and see if anything comes up. Seems to be Driveclub and Lego Batman that are most limited.

• Registered Users Posts: 992 ✭✭✭bigslick

Picked up the Argos GTA bundle but seems i didnt get a PS Plus trial :(

This is included with all PS4's? Assumed would be just a slip of paper with code on, but have ransacked the box to no avail. Anyone had similar experience?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,495 ✭✭✭✭guil

bigslick wrote: »
    Picked up the Argos GTA bundle but seems i didnt get a PS Plus trial :(

This is included with all PS4's? Assumed would be just a slip of paper with code on, but have ransacked the box to no avail. Anyone had similar experience?
    It should be on the store. Won't be available if you have ever had ps+ before though.

• Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭WeHaveToGoBack

Don't you just get 14 days free when you sign up? I never actually got a code with mine.

Id redeemed the free month after the 2011 outage so wasn't eligible anyway.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,439 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Gave Injustice a whirl out of curiosity last night.

Bizarrely, after a while I got a trophy pop - for Titan Attacks, a game I had never played :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,123 ✭✭✭GodlessM

January sale started on PSN; I strongly advise checking it out. Some huge savings in there. It says up to 50% off, but there are some 60%+ savings in there.
    Gave Injustice a whirl out of curiosity last night.

Bizarrely, after a while I got a trophy pop - for Titan Attacks, a game I had never played :pac:

Has happened to me before. I started playing Trials Fusion, and half way through a track I got a random Gold trophy for Second Son.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

Don't you just get 14 days free when you sign up? I never actually got a code with mine.

Id redeemed the free month after the 2011 outage so wasn't eligible anyway.

You don't get it as a code, it's automatically applied to anyone who signs up for PS+ for the very first time ever. Not the first time you use it on a PS4, unless that happens to be your first time being a Plus customer.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭OrgasmicBaz

Anyone experiencing issues with connecting their console to the net? I couldnt get on to PSN, use the browser or play online yesterday. The brothers console is in the house and his was working fine. Hope mine isn't on the way out!

Anyone?

• Registered Users Posts: 992 ✭✭✭bigslick

guil wrote: »
    It should be on the store. Won't be available if you have ever had ps+ before though.

Ah didnt notice that. Many thanks!!!

Started playing Last of Me, dam its good game. So much so that I have yet to touch GTA V or Farcry 4 that I also picked up :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

Finally finished the last of us remastered :D now straight into new game +

• Registered Users Posts: 2,739 ✭✭✭Jello

Thinking of getting a PS4 in January, does anyone know if the likes of Harvey Norman would have anything off the console/bundles in the January sales, or are the prices now as good as you're gonna get?

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Jello wrote: »
    Thinking of getting a PS4 in January, does anyone know if the likes of Harvey Norman would have anything off the console/bundles in the January sales, or are the prices now as good as you're gonna get?

Argos have far better offers than other retailers lately. I doubt you'll get much better value than €399 for a console and three top games.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

superg wrote: »
    Use checkargos.com to check for stock of the PS4 and the 4 games and see if anywhere has all 5 items. Check about an hour after stores close cos thats when online stock updates happen. Not sure what time they close at tonight, probably 9. The deal is valid until close of business tomorrow but I wouldn't fret, they'll most likely have another deal after christmas. I bought a PS4 and 3 games last week for 399 and as soon as that deal ended they started this one.

EDIT: some stores closing at 10, some at 9 so I'd keep checking for stock tonight for a couple of hours and see if anything comes up. Seems to be Driveclub and Lego Batman that are most limited.

The Cavan Argos store let me buy the €399 package with GTA V, Far Cry and the Last of Us when they hadn't stock of TLOU. They told me to keep an eye on checkArgos and just come back for it when it came in.

I got it the next day anyway because one was reserved and not picked up.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,739 ✭✭✭Jello

Lemlin wrote: »
    Argos have far better offers than other retailers lately. I doubt you'll get much better value than €399 for a console and three top games.
    Didn't realise they had such an offer, cheers!

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭Anonymou

Hey guys, have had a ps4 with a few months now but haven't got great use out of it yet. Only have Fifa 15 got a good deal on the console/game at the time but there is only so much fifa you can play! Now I have a bit of time to use it so wondering what games ye would recommend to buy over Christmas? :D
    Any deals out at the moment/expected in the next few days are all welcome!

• Registered Users Posts: 20,830 ✭✭✭✭Taltos

Tomb Raider is in the jan sale list on the store right now - quite a good game.
    Wolfenstein definitely if you enjoy shooting / knifing in games.
    Diablo III
    The Last of Us Remastered
    Metro Redux - cheap out there too

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

PSN down for maintenance for anyone else?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,317 ✭✭✭CombatCow

ERG89 wrote: »

Yep

• Registered Users Posts: 6,494 ✭✭✭Damien360

Better not be. I have my new ps4 from Santa running in the background pulling down the psn games from plus at the moment. It was still working about a half hour ago until I put it in rest mode.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Nope, been running fine all night, if you are suffering from maintenance just keep trying to log in, after about the 3rd try you will get in.

It it is the same with people who suffer slow download speeds it is nothing to do with Sony it is to do with your own router as the majority of other users still get lightning fast speeds compared to the old PS3, so stop complaining as this issue was cleared up nearly a year ago when users proved they never had a speed issue, even with an 24MB connection you should be downloading any update in minutes if not seconds, if this was a massive bug on Sonys side we would of seen the big gaming webistes jump all over it, even Neogaf has a puny thread dedicated to it!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,174 ✭✭✭ItsHoggie

Yup! Having awful problems downloading updates and I'm on horizon, brothers having the same problem with Vodafone

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 489 ✭✭AngryDiMaria

ItsHoggie wrote: »
    Yup! Having awful problems downloading updates and I'm on horizon, brothers having the same problem with Vodafone

Same here on eircom!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,477 ✭✭✭azzeretti

Santa just left a new PS4 and everthing I do prompts for a PSN profile update. Answer all the questions then get a communication error. Anyone else having this problem? Can't believe games we own can't be played with a PSN login.

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭Capslock

Probably not helped by the fact that Sony decided to release "that film". :D

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭Capslock

Damn it...I'm going to try connecting one up too when my son gets up...

• Registered Users Posts: 23,171 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Phew, my brother got a PS4 this morning and he wasn't able to sign and I was worried something was wrong but it seems to be a widespread problem.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,477 ✭✭✭azzeretti

Capslock wrote: »
    Probably not helped by the fact that Sony decided to release "that film". :D

Arse. Forgot about that. Thanks a lot Sony!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement