Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS4 Megathread 2.0

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭Dirk Hardpeck

nocoverart wrote: »
    AH come on! the game is far from terrible, it might be more of the same but surely you knew that already

Bit OTT from me, yeah, but frick sake, why did they remove two popular game type/modes? Why am I paying €65 for a game that has features removed from last years games?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

Just ordered a micro usb cable of adverts for 4.5eu delivered. From small googling turns out you can use any android charger or micro usb to usb cable.

Same with the X1 controllers. I'm using the one cable for them all it's great not having to dig out different cables all the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,112 ✭✭✭✭ctrl-alt-delete

3rdDegree wrote: »
    Have you got a Sony TV?

No a Panasonic,

I wondered whether my ps3 remote would work on the ps4, found a video on YouTube showing how your tv remote might work if it has something called hdmi-cec.

Couldn't find that on my tv settings, but it still worked when I switched on the setting on the ps4.

• Registered Users Posts: 783 ✭✭✭Saucy McKetchup

My dog ate the fecking controller charger cable....... FFS!!! :mad: They chewed up my 5.1 PC speaker cables few times and now this..... I know they are few quid on amazon, but I would preferto pick it up in Brick and Mortar. Do gamestop charge a kidney and a leg for one?

Micro USB cables are €1.49 in dealz or check out euro shops and the like, shouldn't be paying more than €2 for one

• Closed Accounts Posts: 600 ✭✭✭King Krib

My dog ate the fecking controller charger cable....... FFS!!! :mad: They chewed up my 5.1 PC speaker cables few times and now this..... I know they are few quid on amazon, but I would preferto pick it up in Brick and Mortar. Do gamestop charge a kidney and a leg for one?

More power to him..... sorry couldn't resist that.:-)

• Advertisement

More power to him..... sorry couldn't resist that.:-)

• Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭Fiddlex

Anyone know why I can't view videos or screenshots that my friends share on the ps4? They just appear as black or for videos it shows a play button on a black background...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭MarkY91

Fiddlex wrote: »
    Anyone know why I can't view videos or screenshots that my friends share on the ps4? They just appear as black or for videos it shows a play button on a black background...

i dont even have a play button. just blue where a video should be

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,418 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

No more code posting, please. Supplies have started normalising, so there's no need to be reserving codes when you're likely just restricting other customers from purchasing the console. That's why we locked the other thread, and why we'll delete any more posts of that sort from here. Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 273 ✭✭neo2010

No more code posting, please. Supplies have started normalising, so there's no need to be reserving codes when you're likely just restricting other customers from purchasing the console. That's why we locked the other thread, and why we'll delete any more posts of that sort from here. Thanks.

Ok, no problem!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

Tempted to get this for the PS4 since I didn't get it for PS3, it reviewed so well and it does look a decent bit better on PS4.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,761 ✭✭✭lertsnim

Still haven't played it after getting it with PS+

Backlog is huge :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,318 ✭✭✭padair

lertsnim wrote: »
    Still haven't played it after getting it with PS+

Backlog is huge :(
    When did it come on ps±?

• Registered Users Posts: 34 Cwarim

Just reconnected my PS4 last week after a long Christmas away visiting family. Really regretting selling AC4 before I left! I was done with it though. I got Battlefield 4 to replace it, hopefully the worst of the issues are done now. Resogun is as good as ever. Tried a bit of Don't Starve and couldn't make heads nor tail of it. Was cooking dinner at the time though, so it didn't have my full attention!

Just wanted to ask if anyone knows the standard shipping charge from VideogamesPlus.ca? I think boardsies use them, right? Might be cheaper for me than picking them up full whack over here.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

I think he means on sale.. I remember it being 20 euro for a while on PSN.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Cwarim wrote: »
    Just reconnected my PS4 last week after a long Christmas away visiting family. Really regretting selling AC4 before I left! I was done with it though. I got Battlefield 4 to replace it, hopefully the worst of the issues are done now. Resogun is as good as ever. Tried a bit of Don't Starve and couldn't make heads nor tail of it. Was cooking dinner at the time though, so it didn't have my full attention!

Just wanted to ask if anyone knows the standard shipping charge from VideogamesPlus.ca? I think boardsies use them, right? Might be cheaper for me than picking them up full whack over here.

It is about 5 euro and you will get your game in about 7-9 days.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,569 ✭✭✭DeSelby83

I was just trying out the share function from ps4. Is it possible to upload to a facebook group so not everyone will see what i upload?

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭ZeroBarry

DeSelby83 wrote: »
    I was just trying out the share function from ps4. Is it possible to upload to a facebook group so not everyone will see what i upload?

If you don't want to bombard Facebook with your videos and just want to share on PSN

Go to settings > PSN > link with other services
    Setup your Facebook to link here if you haven't already
    Go into publish settings. Here you can stop any and all posts to Facebook. The video and picture uploaded is connected to the bottom setting "who can see my posts on Facebook"
    Change it to "Only Me"

There have been problems with videos not appearing on Facebook although the PS4 will notify that the upload has been completed, so don't be surprised if you have to re-upload if you can't see you clip when you access FB

You can also limit the trophy notifications on Facebook under the same settings menu listed above

• Registered Users Posts: 2,569 ✭✭✭DeSelby83

ZeroBarry wrote: »
    If you don't want to bombard Facebook with your videos and just want to share on PSN

Go to settings > PSN > link with other services
    Setup your Facebook to link here if you haven't already
    Go into publish settings. Here you can stop any and all posts to Facebook. The video and picture uploaded is connected to the bottom setting "who can see my posts on Facebook"
    Change it to "Only Me"

There have been problems with videos not appearing on Facebook although the PS4 will notify that the upload has been completed, so don't be surprised if you have to re-upload if you can't see you clip when you access FB

You can also limit the trophy notifications on Facebook under the same settings menu listed above

Thanks for the info, so is there i way i can show my videos to some of my friends then or does it have to be on facebook? It seems quite limited for a feature they made a big deal of

• Registered Users Posts: 33,619 ✭✭✭✭Penn

DeSelby83 wrote: »
    Thanks for the info, so is there i way i can show my videos to some of my friends then or does it have to be on facebook? It seems quite limited for a feature they made a big deal of

Way I found was upload it to Facebook (well, I set up a fake Facebook account just for uploading stuff to), download the video from Facebook to your computer (quick google will give you a site to use for it), then upload it to Youtube from your computer.

I imagine they'll bring in direct to Youtube uploading in the future, but for now it's really the only way

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,602 ✭✭✭jaffusmax

Just saw that they reckon the horror game Outlast is coming to PS4 PS Plus next month! Sorry can't post a link!

Also saw in CEX Dundalk they are charging 540 euro for a second hand ps4, me boxers near flew off me when I saw the price!

jaffusmax wrote: »
    Just saw that they reckon the horror game Outlast is coming to PS4 PS Plus next month! Sorry can't post a link!

Also saw in CEX Dundalk they are charging 540 euro for a second hand ps4, me boxers near flew off me when I saw the price!

Thats the reason this time next year CEX will be wiping the dust off them still.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭astonaidan

Quick question lads, when I went onto PSN online, I noticed that my PS4 trophies dont show up there, like they show when Im on my PS3 just not on PSN online.
    Is this the case for everyone

• Registered Users Posts: 9,761 ✭✭✭lertsnim

Not just you. They aren't showing for me on there either.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 971 ✭✭✭Senecio

Same for me too. PS3 and PSVita both do.

• Registered Users Posts: 633 ✭✭✭Bertser

jaffusmax wrote: »

550 in Dublin. It really doesn't make much sense to me why they do it because you've a very good chance of getting one brand new from Smyths, Argos, Harvey Norman or even PC World right now.

Cancelled my pre-order from Gamestop yesterday and ordered from Harvey Norman, hoping this one will come very soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭F1erc3

Does anyone know if the share video footage is 1080p cause it doesnt seem to be that high of quality

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭astonaidan

lertsnim wrote: »
    Not just you. They aren't showing for me on there either.
    Senecio wrote: »
    Same for me too. PS3 and PSVita both do.
    Well thats a bit off a relief, bit off a joke there not up, must be a new server thing

• Registered Users Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

Gonna pre-order Tomb Raider off VGP.

45 euros, including PnP. Not bad.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,310 ✭✭✭spider_pig

F1erc3 wrote: »
    Does anyone know if the share video footage is 1080p cause it doesnt seem to be that high of quality

Was wondering that last night my self
    bf4 looked grand but black flag is awful looking when recorded

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement